Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2016 2:15:05 PM EDT
The guys at Two Rivers rebuilt this gun from a rifle that was smuggled back by a Gulf War vet and then cut up.....Sadly the barrel was cut as well so they had to substitute a G1 profile barrel. The gun was pretty damn rusty and the front sight parts were frozen in place. In the end the owner decided on a complete refinish. They added the Kuwaiti crest to the mag well and did some other clean up.

The original parts that are no longer apart of the rifle.

1.Barrel - Owner cut it up without realizing he didn't have to.

2.Original receiver (Machine gun....Goes without saying)

3.Bolt carrier (Lost over time)

Quite an uncommon variant which not a lot survived.

One that the soldier carrying it was not so lucky.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Neat!
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#2]
What is from the orignal bringback?

I see mostly new parts.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I see mostly new parts.

View Quote
Most of the kit with the exception of the barrel and bolt carrier.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool!
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#5]
So the barrel and bolt carrier are new.

And they rewelded the receiver? And they added DSA logo on receiver?

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
No the original receiver had to be left out of the build. It has since been rewelded as a post sample. The rest of the kit was rebuilt for the owner.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#8]
We found quite a few FALs near the Kuwait City airport. I threw a few mags in my ruck to keep, we tossed the rifles in a business store front.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No the original receiver had to be left out of the build. It has since been rewelded as a post sample. The rest of the kit was rebuilt for the owner.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First it was the barrel, then the barrel and bolt carrier. Now it's the barrel, bolt carrier, and receiver.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

First it was the barrel, then the barrel and bolt carrier. Now it's the barrel, bolt carrier, and receiver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you know how part kit builds work? You automatically put the original receiver out of the picture.....ATF once a machine gun always a machine gun (It's sear cut) so when it's rewelded it's a machine gun receiver again and now it an illegal machine gun again as far as civilian ownership......Common sense man.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice FAl.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#12]
FS: Gulf War Kuwaiti FAL-  Never fired and only dropped once
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#13]
so ....what exactly did this guy bring back except a bin of parts he mostly couldn't use for this build?

......an idea?

Sorry, but bringback is a stretch imo.

...well the carry handle looks old.  

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

FS: Gulf War Kuwaiti FAL-  Never fired and only dropped once
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

so ....what exactly did this guy bring back except a bin of parts he mostly couldn't use for this build?
......an idea?
Sorry, but bringback is a stretch imo.
...well the carry handle looks old.  

View Quote
Well technically they were full guns when he brought em back. He also had a Hungarian underfolder AKMS.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Do you know how part kit builds work? You automatically put the original receiver out of the picture.....ATF once a machine gun always a machine gun (It's sear cut) so when it's rewelded it's a machine gun receiver again and now it an illegal machine gun again as far as civilian ownership......Common sense man.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used common sense, and it told me that the more parts they replaced, the less of a bring back it was. Just sayin.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I used common sense, and it told me that the more parts they replaced, the less of a bring back it was. Just sayin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotcha.

I wish the original receiver could be used and they could do a semi auto mod to it etc but sadly thanks to the ATF no bueno!
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Ill keep mine

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm confused?  Is this rifle yours or someone else's?

What parts on the new build are from the original?  The dust cover looks be new/replacement. As does the pistol grip.  I understand on an FAL, 922r requires the replacement of the barrel, receiver, hammer, trigger, sear, piston and usually a part of the furniture or pistol grip.  So its a Kuwaiti lower and maybe some Kuwaiti springs and a buttstock?  Would love to see photos of the other side of the lower to see how those parts fared, as the lower prebuild looks to be mostly rust.

Thanks

Matt
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:01:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What parts on the new build are from the original?  The dust cover looks be new/replacement. As does the pistol grip.  I understand on an FAL, 922r requires the replacement of the barrel, receiver, hammer, trigger, sear, piston and usually a part of the furniture or pistol grip.  So its a Kuwaiti lower and maybe some Kuwaiti springs and a buttstock?  Would love to see photos of the other side of the lower to see how those parts fared, as the lower prebuild looks to be mostly rust.

Thanks

Matt
View Quote

Jesus that didnt take long
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see mostly new parts.

And receiver....
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You automatically put the original receiver out of the picture.....ATF once a machine gun always a machine gun (It's sear cut) so when it's rewelded it's a machine gun receiver again and now it an illegal machine gun again as far as civilian ownership......Common sense man.  
View Quote

Except your interpretation of "common sense" is wrong. Once cut, it's no longer an MG or a firearm. Once rewelded, it's a new firearm. Weld up the sear cut prior to welding the rest of the receiver and it would be a legal, new manufacture semi receiver.

If all you wanted was a post-sample receiver, it should have just been left uncut.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Thanks

Matt
View Quote
One of the guys at TRA is a buddy of mine and I asked permission to post it. Actually it's not super bad. Let me see if I can find photos of the gun post re build.

You can use a US mag (3 parts) Receiver(1 Part) and either a piston (1 part) or something in the stock set to count towards parts compliance.

Gun before rebuild.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:07:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Except your interpretation of "common sense" is wrong. Once cut, it's no longer an MG or a firearm. Once rewelded, it's a new firearm. Weld up the sear cut prior to welding the rest of the receiver and it would be a legal, new manufacture semi receiver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You automatically put the original receiver out of the picture.....ATF once a machine gun always a machine gun (It's sear cut) so when it's rewelded it's a machine gun receiver again and now it an illegal machine gun again as far as civilian ownership......Common sense man.  

The owner didn't want it done like that (Too much cost) He would rather have had it rebuilt just to be on the safe side. The owner is the veterans son.

Also you have to prove when the now kit came in....The rules on Demil procedure have changed. 1 saw cut hasn't been used in a long long lllllllllllllllllllong time.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#26]
It wasn't my intent to question 922r compliance, I am just interested in what parts on this are Kuwaiti v. new.  I think 922r is lame.

Here's my FAL, btw.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:09:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If all you wanted was a post-sample receiver, it should have just been left uncut.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always thought that reweld thinking was a grey area. Didn't some get into legal trouble with reweld M14 receivers with the full auto connector stud ground/machined off prior to rewelding?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

Matt

Fuck 922r (r is for retarded) nobody cares or enforces that bullshit

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:12:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I always thought that reweld thinking was a grey area. Didn't some get into legal trouble with reweld M14 receivers with the full auto connector stud ground/machined off prior to rewelding?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember something about that yeah....I also think those were cut to different demil standards.....The reason why kits come in with no barrel and with milled guns the receiver being torch cut in 3 different spots has a lot to do with rewelding(Rebuilding) Hell a few years ago Apex was selling crushed stamped AKM receivers and a couple of chuckleheads managed to unflatten them and bring the receiver back into spec and built in at least one case a functioning full auto AKM......

There are so many grey areas with kits it's gotten insane.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see mostly new parts.

Why did the owner cut the barrel? Where did he store that rifle?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I have always thought that the FAL was the second greatest rifle of all time.

The two I had were awesome, even the oddball .243 money shredder.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Why did the owner cut the barrel
? Where did he store that rifle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see mostly new parts.

Bad information from a buddy of his back in the day apparently......They told him the barrel had to be cut with the receiver.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I remember something about that yeah....I also think those were cut to different demil standards.....The reason why kits come in with no barrel and with milled guns the receiver being torch cut in 3 different spots has a lot to do with rewelding(Rebuilding) Hell a few years ago Apex was selling crushed stamped AKM receivers and a couple of chuckleheads managed to unflatten them and bring the receiver back into spec and built in at least one case a functioning full auto AKM......  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's pretty clear as to what needs to be done now, but over the years the standard has changed quite a bit. From one saw cut, to two, to three, to torch cuts, to torch cuts in different places, to torch cuts and not supplying one of the cut out parts, to barrel holes, barrel cuts....no barrels, etc etc. Keeps getting better and better.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Bad information from a buddy of his back in the day apparently......They told him the barrel had to be cut with the receiver.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see mostly new parts.

His buddy owes him several beers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I sure as hell like the ergos over the G3

Gotta slice your knuckles off every time you wanna change a mag real quick on my G3A3 and the stock is made for tenderizing meat
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Gotta slice your knuckles off every time you wanna change a mag real quick on my G3A3 and the stock is made for tenderizing meat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With an extended selector and one of the more naturally-angled grips (the swept-back grips are optimized for launching rifle grenades), I actually like the ergonomics in their entirety over those of the AR as well.  Compared to the G-3, though, the FAL's ergonomics in any configuration result in no contest.  The FAL is just plain better.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the AK is number three. Sorry Germans.

But yeah, all my years lusting for a PSG1 clone and thank god I bought a G3 first.

Pretty much the German version of the ebr sage chassis on an old ass m14. "Now it's a sniper rifle!"
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

With an extended selector and one of the more naturally-angled grips (the swept-back grips are optimized for launching rifle grenades), I actually like the ergonomics in their entirety over those of the AR as well.  Compared to the G-3, though, the FAL's ergonomics in any configuration result in no contest.  The FAL is just plain better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Belongs in a trashcan
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Hence third place.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Belongs in a trashcan
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Belongs in a trashcan

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top