Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 9:47:49 AM EDT
[#1]
No such thing.  

figments of wild imaginations.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Waking up in the middle of the night for no reason whatsoever, absolutely positive that there's someone or something near your bed or possibly even holding you down, frozen in a cold sweat, completely horrified, unable to move or speak despite the fact that your heart feels like it's going to pop out of your chest?

Been there.  Done that.  Puked on the T-shirt.

I've talked with a woman that experienced an ancient, pale skinned witch coming in through her bedroom window, putting her under an 'immobilizer' spell, flying around for awhile above her bed, and then just disappearing.  Then there was the one guy that would tell a story that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up: He'd open up his eyes at night only to find a huge simian shaped demon with glowing eyes staring down at him.  The demon always squatted on his chest, trying to squash the air out of his lungs.  He had the minutia of the story down to being able to describe the sound of his night visitor's breathing.

My deal was that I'd wake up to see a figure standing next to my bed and the only thing I was able to move were my eye lids.  It was freaky to say the least.  This would last anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour.  This occurred a couple of times before I started talking about it and looking into what exactly the hell was going on.  I'm glad I did.  I was lucky because once I knew what was happening - I was never bothered again!

You guys that have had nocturnal encounters with an evil presence interacting with your paralyzed bodies have experienced a fairly common sleep disorder called "Night Terrors".  Do a web search on them - there's a ton of good information out there.

Oh, and by the way - I love it when these types of ghost story threads pop up every now and again.  This one has a very cute "Helps me Jesus! Helps me!" flavor to it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Dolomite-
You said once you knew what has happening, "it" never bothered you again. Well, don't leave us hanging!!! What was "it"?????????
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 10:42:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Dolomite-
You said once you knew what has happening, "it" never bothered you again. Well, don't leave us hanging!!! What was "it"?????????
View Quote

Ummm… like I said - I was having night terrors.  Once I realized that they weren't dangerous and fairly common among people undergoing stress in their everyday lives - I was able to get on top of them.  

To elaborate (oh no, here I go) - I thought that there was something coming to take me away to hell for all the bad shit I've done in my life.  At first I thought it was a ghost - but eventually I rationalized that it was something much worse.  "It" would come and visit me next to my bed late at night when I was most vulnerable (of course), savoring the nights leading up to the one where I'd be finished for good.  I knew I was awake when this was occurring, but I felt that any action on my part would instigate my final demise - so if I didn't move - whatever was in my bedroom wouldn't attack me that night.  The fear I experienced would encircle and compound on itself to the point where I couldn't twitch a finger no matter how hard I tried.

After a few of these "encounters", I talked to the people I was close with and worked it all out - I look back now and find it sort of amusing - but I always remember that at the time, the fear was real, and that now, in the big picture, I'm one of the lucky ones.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Dolomite- That condescending, "Help me Jesus, help me" crack reveals much about yourself.  You joke about things that you don't understand.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#6]
i have a theory about ghosts.
when certian emotionally charged events or something very repititive happen in a certain area,it forms a sort of energy that tends to imprint itself on the sorrounding area.  certain people are more receptive to this energy, so their perception acts like a needle on a record, "playing" that stored energy.
that's why some people tend to see these things repetitively, and some don't ever see them.

i've seen some wierd shit, the one that stands out the most is the time i was reading on my bed, at about 4:00 in the afternoon.  i looked up for some reason, and i see this luminous ball type thing  about the size of a marblemove up the inside of the bedroom door frame.
the fucked up thing is that one of my wife's cats saw it too, and moved to the doorway, following it.

no shit.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#7]
A place I lived years ago with a couple roomates had a "voice". One time it said, "psst, whatcha reading?" I said WHAT!? and it laughed at me. Another time it snuck up and called one of my roomies by name, freaked him out so bad he stepped in the puppy poo (from his gf's dog) he had been cleaning up. Really. My grandfather had a tale about actually speaking to one, an apparition I mean and he was never one for B.S. Who knows.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dolomite- That condescending, "Help me Jesus, help me" crack reveals much about yourself.  You joke about things that you don't understand.
View Quote

Anyway, one of the "things" I [b]do[/b] understand is that there wasn't any bad, evil ghosts assaulting you in your bed those nights waiting for you to call out Jesus' name before they vanished into thin air.

And come on now - it was "Helps me Jesus!  Helps me!" anyway.  As in, "They be spooks in this he-yuh house!"   That's some funny shit!

Another story: Old girlfriend, old apartment, came home one night and went to bed only to find a bible laying open on my side of the bed.  Wake her up and ask her if there's anything I need to know about - she claimed she was sleeping and was woken up to the sound of footsteps, sounded like someone was pacing back and forth outside the bedroom door for a long time and then it stopped suddenly.  After a long moment of eerie silence, she began to hear thumping noises inside the walls all around her…  And I'm like, "You sure it wasn't just the water pipes?", and in return I received nothing but a blank stare.

It turns out that after watching "The Exorcist" on cable, she decided to turn the thermostat up 10 degrees before she went to bed.  Since the heat hadn't been on in a while, the hot water pipes get a little jumpy.  Apparently, cracking open a bible will protect you from the pipes in the wall from coming out and getting you, or something like that.

She was a rock anyway, don't really miss her.

(See, ya take out the water pipe stuff, and you gots yourself a real hummdinger of a campfire story.)
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I work at a airport that was first a WW2 fighter training base a Annex of Davis-Monthum Airbase. We still have the old control tower, which is locked and the lower part of the ladder is cut off,so it's damm hard to get up in to the control tower.
Last Dec. while working late, I had to pull a ground power cart  down the flightline anD I notice a light on in the control tower. Holy Crap!!!! I asked if there was power still to the tower and was shown where the cables where cut. It still freaks me out to this day.
Buildings on our complex are named after fliers that died in traning accidents. There are a couple of ghoasts that call this place home, Another is a SGT. who patrols the area that we us the tear-down aircraft. I have seen people walk the flight-line, except there is no-one there to be walking.
Too many things that I have seen and heard for me to dis-miss out of hand.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As some of you may recall, I have a baby daughter who is now 7 months old. Several times, maybe about 8-10 times, actually, I will be holding, changing, playing with her or just watching her play on her own or whatever and she will stop what she is doing like something has caught her attention and just stare at, or a couple of times she would "track" something accross the room... Not a damn thing will be there. She does not get upset nor is she amused (which she usually is) she just watches for several moments. I don't know what the deal is but it Fing freaks me out a bit!! Really raises my cackles!!
View Quote

That is quite common with infants. I've seen it happen also.

Weird huh?
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Looky here, lad.  I'm not going to get into a urinary competition with you.  You don't have to answer to me on this stuff.  I'm just advising you to be careful in spiritual matters.

Brohawk Out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Weird huh?
View Quote

At our house in Buffalo, our dog Peggy used to do that. The stairs to the attic were behind a door in my bedroom. She used to lay it the bottom of the stairs and watch something walk up there.

Another dog one. Our neighbors had a Malamute and a Husky. If you don't know dogs, a Malamute looks like a small bear (A UPS guy once said "I know that one's a dog, but what kind of bear is that?). These dogs used to every so often "watch" something walk down the stairs. Not so odd, right? 'cept all of their hair would stand up and they'd start to growl. Once our neighbor took a picture of their house with the two dogs looking out the front bay window. When it was developed, there were a bunch of cats sitting there with them.

On the subject of instincts in the woods: I was hiking around a SGL in the poconos with my .22 Remington. I first felt that I shouldn't go into the woods their. Don't know why. Then I kept getting that "somethin' ain't right" feeling. Then I found a bunch of bits of deer bones, picked clean. I decided to put 5 .22 rounds into a tree, and then left. Never figured out what was bothering me. Never went back either.

DSVET91: The Frogmore Light, on Frogmore Island, right outside of Beaufort, S.C. Scared the piss outa
me and some friends, still don't like to talk about it to this day.
View Quote

Let's here the rest of this one! I've never seen a "light". Never lived close enough to any of the places.

Anybody remember the "shooting at the devil dog" story from the last time we had this thread? Let's hear that one again. Half way through that one I had to make sure the door behind me was locked.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#13]
My uncle used to guard missile silos out in Montana as an MP during the early 80's. It was rumored that some of these silos were built over an indian burial grounds. Many incidents were reported, such as tomohawks being thrown at the guards from the treeline, and visions of indian warriors charging at them on horseback, only to disappear before running them over.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’ve had the same type of experiences Brohawk mentions.  Used to happen much more frequently when I was younger.  However, it has happened as recently as a few months ago.  The paralysis doesn’t last quite as long anymore and I can sometimes feel the condition coming on, if that makes any sense, and force myself completely awake.  It almost seems like some type of state where the body is asleep but the conscious mind is alert.  Totally weird feeling and, at times, very scary.  I can look around with my eyes, but can’t move anything else.
View Quote

I work in Sleep Disorders.
Do a web search on "Sleep Paralysis"
RF
View Quote

Many aboriginal tribes from around the world have legends about various sleep demons.  Commonly called Succubi, they come in the night and drain the "life" ( read "ability to move" ) from their male victims through quasi-sexual means.  For women the demon was called an Incubus.

- Nw -
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't play with ouija boards anymore.
View Quote

I tried a Ouija board in a 200+ year old cemetary in NH one night, nothing happened.

Anyone have any tips on how to do it next time?
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
As some of you may recall, I have a baby daughter who is now 7 months old. Several times, maybe about 8-10 times, actually, I will be holding, changing, playing with her or just watching her play on her own or whatever and she will stop what she is doing like something has caught her attention and just stare at, or a couple of times she would "track" something across the room... Not a damn thing will be there. She does not get upset nor is she amused (which she usually is) she just watches for several moments. I don't know what the deal is but it Fing freaks me out a bit!! Really raises my cackles!!
View Quote

I have a son who is 5 now, but when he was just a couple of months old he would do something similar. He would look up at the ceiling smile & start laughing. we would walk in to the room with him& call his name to him, but he would pay us no mind. He would just keep looking at the same area of the room, smiling, & laughing for a while. Usually for around 1 to 5 minutes.
We were youth pastors at the time, & I firmly believed he was seeing, or being entertained by angles. It happened a lot, & our pastors saw it, & so did a few of our friends. It might be with kids that they are so fresh from heaven that they can see things we have forgotten how to.

Another ghosty thing that happened to me one time when I was just a little guy. It was a Saturday morning, & I was up before the rest of my family so I got myself some cereal to eat, I was munching away, & when I looked up there it was! On the back of the box was a blue ghost, as it turns out, it was BhooBerry cereal.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I’ve had the same type of experiences Brohawk mentions.  Used to happen much more frequently when I was younger.  However, it has happened as recently as a few months ago.  The paralysis doesn’t last quite as long anymore and I can sometimes feel the condition coming on, if that makes any sense, and force myself completely awake.  It almost seems like some type of state where the body is asleep but the conscious mind is alert.  Totally weird feeling and, at times, very scary.  I can look around with my eyes, but can’t move anything else.
View Quote

I had this happen to me once. I was taking an afternoon nap in my room. I was the only one home, when all of a sudden I awoke to someone knocking on the back door of our house. I went to jump up to answer the door, but found I was totally unable to move a muscle, even hard to breath. I heard the back door open, & footsteps came down the hall to my door, & then knocking on my door, I still couldn't move, & I heard the footsteps go back down the hall & the door open,& close again. As soon as it closed I was able to move again, & I jumped to my feet,& ran to the door to catch whoever it was at their car, or at least see who was going down our long driveway. When I got to the door, there was no one there, & no car in the driveway. It really freaked me out, & until now I have never heard of anyone with a similar experience.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#19]
The nightmares and not being able to breathe/move aren't uncommon...

Fuseli, THE NIGHTMARE

[img]http://www.pitt.edu/AFShome/s/l/slavic/public/html/courses/vampires/images/history/his8.jpg[/img]

I've had some odd 'there's something else here/out there experiences that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, but nothing else.  In college our design studios were in a house that is (or was) on the national haunted house registry (Epperson House in K.C.) - never saw or heard anything wierder than us...

BTW - hope this link works better than the last one...[:D]

Edited to add that I spent two years and many overnights there.  Here's the link:

[url]http://www.kcghostpage.com/epperson_house.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Weird huh?
View Quote

Most certainly. Like I said, it gives a wee chill...

Quoted:

I have a son who is 5 now, but when he was just a couple of months old he would do something similar. He would look up at the ceiling smile & start laughing. we would walk in to the room with him& call his name to him, but he would pay us no mind. He would just keep looking at the same area of the room, smiling, & laughing for a while. Usually for around 1 to 5 minutes.
We were youth pastors at the time, & I firmly believed he was seeing, or being entertained by angles. It happened a lot, & our pastors saw it, & so did a few of our friends. It might be with kids that they are so fresh from heaven that they can see things we have forgotten how to.
View Quote

That is a great theory! Certainly children are not bound by the BS that weighs our minds and spirits down!
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 4:10:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Here's one that I've seen twice that I can remember.

Once when I was heading back from my Aunt's house quite a long time ago. Like when I was in Middle School I think.

Another time coming back from a Road trip/passing around a blunt with a few friends.

The apparition, that would be along the interstate that connects Lancaster, Pa to Harrisburgh Pa. Heading east.

Twice I've seen a pair of brake lights suddenly appear, no car can be seen though. They then take a sharp turn to the left into the gaurdrail. Like it got broadsided by an eighteen wheller or Dump Truck or something.

First time I saw it it kinda freaked my mom out.

Second time I was with everyone else heading back into Lancaster, saw it. I pointed and was about to say something, but sat back. When the one guy riding shotgun sat up and yelled
HOLY SHIT! Did you see that!

Even had a bit of comic relief, a third person out of the five in that car kept talking blunt induced nonsense about "the ghost car" the rest of the way back.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's a ghost story without a real ghost.
Tilly Willy Bridge [devil]

A little background:
Back home (Arkansas), we had this old concrete bridge outside of town.  The bridge was very old and had no railings or barriers on the side.  It was also about 20ft high above the 40yrd wide creek it crossed.  In the water, to the side of the bridge, was an old wrecked and rusted auto from the 50's.

The story goes, a woman, Tilly Willy, was frantically driving home on a dark and stormy night to reach her husband, whom she was told was deathly ill.  As 'ol Tilly started across the bridge at break neck speed she lost control and went into the drink - where she died. To this day, on nights of a full moon (of course), if you start to walk across the bridge at midnight (again, of course) Tilly will come out of the dark night screaming to save her husband.

Where's this going?
When I was in high school we would get our girlfriends and take them out to see Tilly Willy's ghost (full moon, midnight, etc).  Before hand, we would send one of our buddys out there to hide under the far side of the bridge.  See where I'm going?

We would send the girls out onto the bridge and just as they got about halfway across our buddy would start making moaning and crying sounds.  We would egg them on further across the bridge and at the last minute our buddy would come out from under the bridge shrieking.

Of course the girls ALWAYS freaked. [shock] We would be pissing ourselves laughing so hard. [ROFL]
Downside - it was kinda hard to get your girlfriend to neck with you that night.  They usually stayed mad for awhile. [stick]
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I have never seen a ghost but I swear my dog has. He gets spooked from time to time in my house for no apparent reason. I've decided if there are ghosts in my house they are friendly ones [:)]
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#24]
it's interesting how there are many stories of the ghost that holds you down.
In the Chinese culture we have something called the "sitting ghost" who sits on your chest preventing you from breathing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#25]
I work in an old boiler room that was built in 1934.
I've worked there for 25 years and have seen some wierd things at all times of the day.
What I have usually seen, out of the side of my eyes, is someone walking behind the big boilers or the generators.
In the past I have thought this was my imagination or just poor vision.
But on some occasions, in broad daylight, I am sure there was someone walking behind something.
I am not the only one seeing things, as we have someone working there 24 hours a day. There was one guy, when I finally started talking about what I had seen, who had experienced the same figure walking behind equipment.
Another guy used to bring his dogs in, and on more than one occasion, they would run behind the boilers and start barking at a certain area.
Talking with some old guys, who had retired, this has been going on since the early 50's.
Believe me, the people who have seen things are not prone to making anything up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I work in an old boiler room that was built in 1934.
I've worked there for 25 years and have seen some weird things at all times of the day.
What I have usually seen, out of the side of my eyes, is someone walking behind the big boilers or the generators.
In the past I have thought this was my imagination or just poor vision.
But on some occasions, in broad daylight, I am sure there was someone walking behind something.
I am not the only one seeing things, as we have someone working there 24 hours a day. There was one guy, when I finally started talking about what I had seen, who had experienced the same figure walking behind equipment.
Another guy used to bring his dogs in, and on more than one occasion, they would run behind the boilers and start barking at a certain area.
Talking with some old guys, who had retired, this has been going on since the early 50's.
Believe me, the people who have seen things are not prone to making anything up.
View Quote

I've seen shit in boiler rooms too, at the hospital where I work at! I know exactly what you mean! Lot's of large equipment and poor lighting. I can't tell you how many times I've been spooked at the hospital. Not to mention the area around the morgue.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 7:01:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
First let me say that I don't believe in Ghosts. I believe, as is written in the bible, that immediately after your death your soul is kept in waiting (either in paradise or Gehenna) until the day of judgement, and until then there is no contact between where you're at and this world. (Luke 16:26) "And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence."
View Quote

In light of this, I wonder what we should make of the story about Saul having the Witch of Endor conjur up the ghost of Samuel (1 Samuel 28):

7 Then Saul said to his servants, "Find me a woman who is a medium, that I may go to her and inquire of her." And his servants said to him, "In fact, there is a woman who is a medium at En Dor." 8 So Saul disguised himself and put on other clothes, and he went, and two men with him; and they came to the woman by night. And he said, "Please conduct a seance for me, and bring up for me the one I shall name to you." 9 Then the woman said to him, "Look, you know what Saul has done, how he has cut off the mediums and the spiritists from the land. Why then do you lay a snare for my life, to cause me to die?" 10 And Saul swore to her by the Lord, saying, "As the Lord lives, no punishment shall come upon you for this thing." 11 Then the woman said, "Whom shall I bring up for you?" And he said, "Bring up Samuel for me." 12 When the woman saw Samuel, she cried out with a loud voice. And the woman spoke to Saul, saying, "Why have you deceived me? For you are Saul!" 13 And the king said to her, "Do not be afraid. What did you see?" And the woman said to Saul, "I saw a spirit ascending out of the earth." 14 So he said to her, "What is his form?" And she said, "An old man is coming up, and he is covered with a mantle." And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground and bowed down.

15 Now Samuel said to Saul, "Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?" And Saul answered, "I am deeply distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God has departed from me and does not answer me anymore, neither by prophets nor by dreams. Therefore I have called you, that you may reveal to me what I should do." 16 Then Samuel said: "Why then do you ask me, seeing the Lord has departed from you and has become your enemy? 17 And the Lord has done for Himself as He spoke by me. For the Lord has torn the kingdom out of your hand and given it to your neighbor, David. 18 Because you did not obey the voice of the Lord nor execute His fierce wrath upon Amalek, therefore the Lord has done this thing to you this day. 19 Moreover the Lord will also deliver Israel with you into the hand of the Philistines. And tomorrow you and your sons will be with me. The Lord will also deliver the army of Israel into the hand of the Philistines."

Link Posted: 4/18/2003 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
In light of this, I wonder what we should make of the story about Saul having the Witch of Endor conjur up the ghost of Samuel (1 Samuel 28)
View Quote
I'd be willing to say that after Christ's sacrifice things might have changed.  maybe witches/etc could conjur spirits beforehand, and were then denied that after Christ came as a man and sacrificed himself.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#30]
The witch of En Dor, more than likely, put on a smoke show, i.e. "channeling"(fake)voices,ect, like a modern day tarot card reader or physic does. At most, her skill could have conjured up demons disguised as family or deseased loved ones. The fact that she became scared when Samuel appeared indicates that the manifestation of real spirits didn't happen often.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 11:02:14 PM EDT
[#31]
In the house my grandparents used to live in, down in Montgomery Alabama. My entire family knows that ghosts (or whatever definition you give it) exist. One 'lived' in the basement, and would appear around holidays. Everyone jumbled where we slept, and whoever slept in this one room inevitably saw the same "person" in that room. I thought nothing of it until I experienced it. It has scared the crap out of me since I was old enough to be scared by it....

That being said, I have felt many times that someone or something has contacted me to pass information that I could not have known otherwise. I can't recall specifics because it hasn't happened recently enough for me to remember a specific incident. Because of this I don't rule out the past passing information to the current, however illogical or unlikely it is.

I wish I could pass the experience of that room in my grandparent's house to anyone that doesn't believe in any of it, it will/would change you. It changed my entire family.

Jonathan
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 11:47:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Reading this thread made me remember an old friend's room mate when he was in mortuary school( ironic, I know). She was kind of crazy to begin with, and was formerly into the occult which could explain some of here incidents. Nonetheless, she is serious about all of them, and anyone around her can tell you weird stuff happens to her.If any of them are remotely true I doubt I will ever visit her hometown in SW Pennsylvania.

The first event she told was of a covered bridge. This bridge was the site of heavy occult activity and had an old tree-stump alter in the dry stream bed below.Years back, a few teens vandalized it. Ever since, according to her, weird crap happens on the bridge, cyclists will get knocked off their bikes; cars will lose power in the middle of it; and at times, an apparition of black apparition can be seen in the rearview mirror of a car.

The, second event occured when her and her boyfriend were driving(sober) late at night. While driving down an old gravel road she claims to have witnessed "menataur" illuminated by her headlights, just standing along the road pointing omuniosly at her with one,long finger. When she yelled to her boyfriend, he supposedly replied," I see her, she's beautiful." and tried to get her to stop. Instead she floored it,glancing back in the rearview mirror, found the "creature" still there, stand and pointing.

While these two were erie this last story is just nuts. Growing up she lived in a trailer court. In the trailer next door lived a well-known, deeply respected preacher. Well, when her family went on vacation one summer her mom asked the preacher to keep an eye on things. A few nights later the preacher noticed lights and heard voices resonating from the trailer. Going over to welcome them home he realized their car was still gone.To further compound the situation the voices were not in english...but instead latin.When looking in the window he claims to have observed demonic apparitions dancing around chanting in latin. He out moved shortly after.

There is ALOT more, however being second hand it's not as convincing. Besides, like I said she was a weird former occultist.Nonetheless, it makes for good reading at 3:30 in the morning.........
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 11:59:55 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't know if this qualifies, but it's an experience that I can't explain or ever forget.  In 1983 I was in the USMC and on the USS Vancouver in San Diego, getting ready to deploy on a WEST-PAC.  One evening I was alone in the well deck area of the ship, working out on the universal machine.  I distinctly remember a large blonde haired male individual (I assumed another Sailor or Marine) walking over to the machine and taking a seat on bench next to where I was working out.  I remember thinking to myself that the person wanted to work out at the station I was at, so I kind of hurried through my set.  When I finished, I looked over to where the person had sat down and there wasn't anyone there.  I got a funny feeling and decided to call home (I had a blonde brother).  I didn't tell my folks what had happened, but I asked if my brother Steve was OK.  They said he was fine, but they told me that my friend Dave from high school had died just the day before.  This friend of mine was a large framed blonde haired guy who liked to throw the weights around.  Weird.    
Link Posted: 4/19/2003 4:01:41 AM EDT
[#34]
My wife has a theory about ghosts.
In almost all stories about ghosts (not demons), the ghost has the same appearance and personality as when they were alive.  She believes that whatever screwed up ideas and personality problems you had as a mortal follow you when you are dead, and I agree that all of us are screwed in the head to some degree or another.  My wife believes that hauntings are the dead going through psycological counseling where they reexperience moments in their lives much like a pshink walks a person through a bad past experience so they can come to grips with it and get on with their lives.  So perhaps some of these hauntings are an exercise to allow the dead to come to grips with their past experiences so that they won't have to spend eternity screwed in the head.  And it may take a long time for that to happen, going over and over an experience until they do understand it.

Just a theory though.  

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:48:31 PM EDT
[#35]
It's after midnight, EST.  Have a fun read.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:16:01 PM EDT
[#36]
I never really ever thought about it until about a two years ago. I started seeing someone peeking around the corner from the hallway. The first few times I thought it was one of my kids trying to see the TV. Then after catching a glimse, no detail just a glimse while the kids were away I thought, hmm must be a ghost..LOL yea right.... Well I chalked it up as a spot in my periphieal (sp?) vision, until one night about a year after the first sighting, I was watching TV with my wife and out of the corner of my eye, I see movement, look and its gone. I calmy say "The ghost is back" while looking down the hall. I had never mentioned this before to my wife. Much to my surprise when I turn around my wife is just staring at me with horrified look on her face. I ask her whats wrong and she said "what did you say?". I repeated and she went dead silent. She told me that for the last year she had being seeing somthing down the hall, almost like a person looking around the corner. Always caught out of the corner of her eye. We both are not sure what it is but we are sure its something. I will remeber the look on her face for along time to come.

Call it what you want,
CH
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:40:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#38]
My mom predicted both shuttle disasters.

"its a wonder those things dont blow up."  

Boom!

"its a wonder we havent had any accidents since challenger"

Boom!

we have forbidden her from speaking anything about shuttles, flying, or NASA in general.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#39]
I can't say I've ever seen a "ghost", but I saw something odd just a couple months ago late at night in colonial Williamsburg (I live right nearby). I was driving through the colonial area, nobody anywhere around. Saw a bright, white, amorphous figure float quickly across the street. Never seen anything like it before. I figure with 400 years of history, there's got to be some ghouls floating around this town.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:05:42 PM EDT
[#40]
While I was stationed in Buedingen Germany, the barracks we lived in were built in 1935. At night you could here people walking in the hallways and hear voices and no one was there. The CQ "Charge of Quarters" NCO and runner would always turn off the hallways lights and sleep and always reported the same sounds.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top