Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/26/2001 8:15:27 AM EDT
Having been to two shoots now associated with this board I've heard a few members say things like, "Oh I stay in the technical forums.  I try not to go in that General Discussion forum, it's a waste of time.  A total soap opera."  

To those members who refer to GD with veiled or unveiled distain, I say this - I am not an expert on weapons.  There is not much, if anything, that I could teach any of you about firearms.  But I do enjoy shooting and, with the exception of a few local shooters that I talk to, this forum is my only link and interaction with the shooting community.  

I do read posts on the technical forums to learn but there is nothing I can add there.  GD is where I contribute.. even if it is only sarcastic and mildly witty banter.  [;)]

Just wanted to get that off my chest and let y'all know that I appreciate you. [:D]

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1069148&a=12667483&p=47017417&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 8:22:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Just wanted to get that off my chest and let y'all know that I appreciate you.
View Quote

Anything else on your chest that needs to be handled today..?  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 8:31:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just wanted to get that off my chest and let y'all know that I appreciate you.
View Quote

Anything else on your chest that needs to be handled today..?  [:D]
View Quote

The meds must be flowing very nicely, eh antiUSSA?  

Link Posted: 4/26/2001 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 8:40:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey MM - that takes some nerve posting that picture of a FAL on the AR board!!  

I was there for that conversation as well, but understand a bit of where it's coming from.  The other forums (Tactics & Training, Reloading, etc.) have a higher practical information vs. static ratio, but may not be as "wide open" as here.  They all have their place.  I guess it's all a matter of what you're looking for.  

I can see how some would think this place is a soap opera!  Any you, young lady - what are you thinking posting a picture of yourself in this high-testoerone zone??  I shudder to think of the e-mails you're going to get the next few days :).

Black Fox
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 8:44:07 AM EDT
[#5]
There had been a thread about posting pics with your ARs... had quite a few responses and it was nice to put a face with the name.  I believe there was also a request for a pic of myself... if nothing else, it'll give Anti an idea of what he's up against if he wants to "handle" anything on my chest.  [;)]

Link Posted: 4/26/2001 8:50:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice post M.M.

I think there's quite a few here who really enjoy the usually respectful discussions that go on here. Barring the internet-moron factor, there's enough of us left to give some meaning to the G.D. forum.

I'm staying too.[;)]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I would like to add, as much as I like AR's, it is fun to talk about other stuff. I find the members much more interesting than my colleagues at work.
You go, girl.
I also agree it is interesting to put faces to names.
On GD, I find it is often easier to get answers on a specific topic because GD has more visitors.
[smoke]
Only 36 hours to the weekend!
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:00:21 AM EDT
[#9]
[:D]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Pretty smile. Very pretty indeed.

(man I better get a date soon, I'm hitting on women on the net.)

BTW, what type FAL is that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#11]
That photo must have been taken during the 5 minutes of overcast sky that we had.  My sunburn proves that it wasn't that way the whole time.  Perhaps, my sunburn is really a car fire burn?!

It was a good time!  Still have lots of weapons to clean!
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#12]
young lady - what are you thinking posting a picture of yourself in this high-testoerone zone?? [b]I shudder to think of the e-mails you're going to get the next few days[/b]
View Quote

...Marriage Proposals...
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#13]
See?  Now you ask me something technical.  This is actually Ross's FAL... but I think I am becoming sentimentally attached to it (awwwww).  

From what he explained, there are two kinds of FAL.. this one is NOT metric... Poodleshooter had a metric FAL there, I believe.  

Like I said... [i]learning[/i]... I'm [i]learning[/i]... [:D]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:09:32 AM EDT
[#14]
I think its great to hear and see what women think of the shooting sports...i know i got my AR about 4 weeks ago and my wife drove me crazy to shoot it so I finally took her and she loves it but of course she just loves to shoot period it does'nt matter what we are shooting....

NightRanger
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
young lady - what are you thinking posting a picture of yourself in this high-testoerone zone?? [b]I shudder to think of the e-mails you're going to get the next few days[/b]
View Quote

...Marriage Proposals...
View Quote

Anti.. you [i]really[/i] don't know me very well..  I am dang near committment-phobic!! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That photo must have been taken during the 5 minutes of overcast sky that we had.  My sunburn proves that it wasn't that way the whole time.  Perhaps, my sunburn is really a car fire burn?!
View Quote

I hear that, the back of my neck was nicely burnt.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:14:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Right by Miss Magnum's elbow you can see one of the 1919's (I think 3 were there).  Above that, pointing at the back of the knee of the guy with the orange shirt, you can see the M2HB's .50 cal barrel.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#18]
"Marriage proposals" - So true too.  I was lucky
enough to see that picture earlier this week. I
got my proposal in then.  (She hasn't gotten back with me though - I think she's waiting on
an email from Imbroglio....)

As I told MM, the biggest issue is figuring out
a way to survive the ten .40 caliber holes
my wife would put in my back on the way out.

You're looking good Miss Magnum!!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:15:54 AM EDT
[#19]
WOW!  Imbrog|io!  Eat your heart out!
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Right by Miss Magnum's elbow you can see one of the 1919's (I think 3 were there).  Above that, pointing at the back of the knee of the guy with the orange shirt, you can see the M2HB's .50 cal barrel.
View Quote

Hey, you're right. There are guns and even other people in that picture. I hadn't noticed at first.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:20:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:21:38 AM EDT
[#22]
You just gotta love the "women with firearms" bit (even if it IS a FAL).

Where was this shoot at?

Nice photo Magnum.

Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:28:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey, nice pic...

Girls who like Guns, that's the kind of G/F I need!
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Nice pic MM.  It is supposed to be fun.  No reason to feel like you NEED to go to the technical forums if you don't want to...  [;)]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey, you're right. There are guns and even other people in that picture. I hadn't noticed at first.
View Quote

As if anyone is interested... but my head is somewhere back behind that rebel battle flag. [8D]

Driftpunch,  Btw, there were (4) 1919's in attendance.  Two to the left of me, two to the right.

Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#26]
WOW, Miss Magnum!  You are fine.  Very sexy indeed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 10:12:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Hi! I am a single male that likes long walks and picnics in the park. I also like romantic candlelight dinners. Unfortunately, I have come to a critical juncture in my life where I am unsure of my hoplophobia and need a special womenz to caringly help me to the try to steer me back onto to the right path.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
Hi! I am a single male that likes long walks and picnics in the park. I also like romantic candlelight dinners. Unfortunately, I have come to a critical juncture in my life where I am unsure of my hoplophobia and need a special womenz to caringly help me to the try to steer me back onto to the right path.
View Quote

Well, that didn't take too long...

Nice pic MM, nobody can get a post's count up faster than you(something like a gender imbalance on this board), 'lessen maybe it's the Mall Ninja.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Aww man, I just have a thing for pretty brunette womenz with short hair.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Aww man, I just have a thing for pretty brunette womenz with short hair.  
View Quote

And every other woman on earth, so far...

This is getting SAD!
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Nice to see you, Miss Magnum. If only I could get my wife interested in shooting.  It is great to see so many women getting involved in shooting sports.  And a VERY nice picture.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Hi all been away for sometime now but its good to be back !! Nice pic MM but it must be hell picking your brass out of that grass LMAO
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#33]
You just posted this so you could also post your picture and make us all drool! Go ahead! Admit it! [:)]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Nice to "see" you Miss Magnum. It is really nice of you to allow us to put a face with a name. A very pretty face, indeed!

Tyler
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Damn nice pic of a high caliber______?(lady or gun you decide)
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#36]
You guys will have to speak up - I still haven't regained my hearing from the 50's last weekend :) :) :) (or my big grin!).

Now see what you started Miss Magnum?!?  What's the count on marriage proposals so far??  You guys crack me up.

Black Fox
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#37]
MM,

Nice post. I agree; for all the junk, there's some good quality.  It's just like anything else and I think the board is bigger than the old one so there just [i]seems[/i] to be a lot of crap- it's all relative.  Of course, I sometimes help contribute to the "crap", but we're not talking about that.

BTW:  We haven't shot in a month- if you want to go with us, we're shooting Sunday and IDPA is this week.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Fox,

No marriage proposals yet...

But I would be receptive to cans of .308 ammo, .45, 9mm, .223 or .41 magnum.... ::evil grin::

I appreciate the compliments but that sincerely was not my intention.  Others have posted pics here of themselves with their weapons and I reciprocated.  

But I know y'all are going to do whatever you dang well want to anyway!! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Not to rain on anyones parade, but there is noting like a rebel flag on the back of a Toyota pick up truck......

Sorry to bring up some thing negative on an otherwise positive post.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm embarassed,  not a month ago we were speculating that you were McUzi posting while in a dress and high heels.  Hope you weren't insulted.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Not to rain on anyones parade, but there is noting like a rebel flag on the back of a Toyota pick up truck......

Sorry to bring up some thing negative on an otherwise positive post.
View Quote

Yeah!  It should have been on a Chevy!
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 12:06:35 PM EDT
[#42]
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1100113&a=12664563&p=47021559&Sequence=0[/img]

Professional photography courtesy of 7.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This is getting SAD!
View Quote

What is wrong with admiring an intelligent and beautiful woman that also owns guns?
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#44]
hehe, thanks SNIPERm88

I waited quite a few minutes for the wind to blow correctly.   I ended up with 2 similar shots but that was the best.

---
Btw, when is the next VA shoot?  Its been quite awhile since the last and I'm itchin for more.
I'm foolin either.  We need more places like that where we can open up our class 3 toys.

Link Posted: 4/26/2001 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This is getting SAD!
View Quote

What is wrong with admiring an intelligent and beautiful woman that also owns guns?
View Quote

Nothing, I admire beautiful women who own guns.

You, however, admire beautiful women who own guns, beautiful women who don't own guns, women who exist, period. Also nothing wrong with that, but when you are throwing yourself bodily upon them(in a virtual sense, providing every woman who visits the board with  personals ad qualifies), and then whining because none of them like you, we can tell that it's an act.

You have in the past, in your more serious moments, shown yourself to be intelligent, well infomed about friearms, and a likeable guy, but this facade where you whine about having no "womenz", no money and only a 10/22 and a .38 is getting irritating.

Get over the alter ego, and show this board the real Imbrog|io, the one who knows what Gun Scrubber does to Trijicons, not the one who complains about never having had a date...

Geesh, at least I separate my humorous internet personality from my serious, actual persona, that way I can as a question, or make a statement, and be taken seriously. I'm not saying humor isn't appropriate, but this is a bit ridiculous. Again, no flame, but think it over.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Geez.  The last time seen this many Hounds slobbering and drooling over themselves was right before I fed my hunting dogs.

You guys gotta get a grip or i'll turn the hose on the lot of you. [;D]

Michigander in Maryland
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
but this facade where you whine about having no "womenz", no money and only a 10/22 and a .38 is getting irritating.

View Quote

A facade huh? I have no gf, I am damn poor, and I only do have 2 guns. The only thing I do have left is that I can laugh about it but you want to take that away from me too. What the hell do you want me to do? Hey if you want to send me a woman, money and guns then my problems would be solved.

You don't even know the hell I went through in high school. My so-called "friend" since 3rd grade found himself a gf as a sophomore in hs then all of a suddend I did not exist. I never went to any dances, I never went to any school sports. I was always shunned at school. I don't know why, maybe because I am so damned ugly. I went to college and of course that was just more of the same. I tried online dating crap and got zilch. My new "friends" then started saying crap that I was gay or something because they were getting women left and right off of the same service. What exciting things did I do after that? Things like watching t.v. for hours and going to the movies by myself. Ya a real exciting life.  And now I have a crappy job that I know that I am going to lose in June. I am sorry that my life is not as perfect as yours. I have nothing else but this damn forum otherwise I would have no one else to talk to. You know what I have to look forward to in life? Absolutely nothing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#48]

A facade huh? I have no gf, I am damn poor, and I only do have 2 guns. The only thing I do have left is that I can laugh about it but you want to take that away from me too. What the hell do you want me to do? Hey if you want to send me a woman, money and guns then my problems would be solved.

You don't even know the hell I went through in high school. My so-called "friend" since 3rd grade found himself a gf as a sophomore in hs then all of a suddend I did not exist. I never went to any dances, I never went to any school sports. I was always shunned at school. I don't know why, maybe because I am so damned ugly. I went to college and of course that was just more of the same. I tried online dating crap and got zilch. My new "friends" then started saying crap that I was gay or something because they were getting women left and right off of the same service. What exciting things did I do after that? Things like watching t.v. for hours and going to the movies by myself. Ya a real exciting life.  And now I have a crappy job that I know that I am going to lose in June. I am sorry that my life is not as perfect as yours. I have nothing else but this damn forum otherwise I would have no one else to talk to. You know what I have to look forward to in life? Absolutely nothing.
View Quote

OK, OK, I'm sorry. I still am not sure that I believe your story, but I'm not saying that you are a crummy person if your life is horrible, only that I'm not sure that it is as horrible as you say. You know too much about firearms(and your revolver went from Rossi to Taurus and back), and have too good of a digital camera for it to wash with me. The women part I don't know about, but somehow...I don't know.

Ok, peace? I wasn't knocking your purportedly tragic existance. If it really is that bad for you, I feel sorry for you.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#49]
I think most women like guns and just don't know it.  Every gal I know used to hate guns, until I took them shooting.  Or should I say watch them shoot, coudn't get my guns back after they got a hold on them!
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Miss Magnum,  as a gentleman from Texas I would like to offer you these flowers. [:D]

[img]http://www.hal-pc.org/~thehaugs/Bluebonnet%20wallpaper.jpg[/img]

CMOS
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top