Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2015 1:45:35 AM EDT
Saw this on "Judge Jeannine" tonight.

Questions for K-1 Visa Applicants

• Do you seek to engage in terrorist activities while in the U.S.?

• Have you ever/do you intend to provide money/support to any terrorist groups?

• Do you have any skills or training in explosives, nuclear,or chemical experience?

• Have you ever been a member of, or been involved with a paramilitary unit?

Seriously?  Seriously?  What clowns are running this country?  

Reminds me of this...
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 1:49:05 AM EDT
[#1]
What you think they would actually lie on a government form? Boy how un-trusting you are.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 1:49:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Lol our government is babytown frolics
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 1:57:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm an immigrant who recently got his citizenship in this country and this shit makes me sick. FBHO. Trump/Cruz 2016.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:04:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm an immigrant who recently got his citizenship in this country and this shit makes me sick. FBHO. Trump/Cruz 2016.
View Quote
Where from?

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:12:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Where from?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where from?  

Russia. It's a damn shame the politics prevent the people of both nations to work together. Americans and Russians aren't that much different if you look past the national pride and dick measuring. I'm sure many will disagree though. All of my Russian-American friends in the US are republican and pro-gun.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:18:37 AM EDT
[#6]
It should be "How many walkers have you killed?" And "How many people have you killed?"
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:23:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Russia. It's a damn shame the politics prevent the people of both nations to work together. Americans and Russians aren't that much different if you look past the national pride and dick measuring. I'm sure many will disagree though. All of my Russian-American friends in the US are republican and pro-gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where from?  

Glad to have you here.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:25:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Do you pinky-swear not to hurt Americans?
Yes.
Welcome to America!
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:31:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It should be "How many walkers have you killed?" And "How many people have you killed?"
View Quote

Everyone has done something
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:35:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Awesome!

I'm going to incorporate these in our interview questions!!

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:36:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Back in the day, 1965, i applied for a job at a mushroom farm in Indiana. One of the questions on the application was ,were you involved in the plot to assassinate General Walker? Another was the standard,for that time, do you belong to any groups listed as subversive by the Attorney General of the United States? I always wondered if anyone copped to an assasination attempt to get a $.65 per hour job.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:39:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where from?  

Well damn, Welcome to America and welcome to ARFCOM.

FBHO

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:42:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:43:01 AM EDT
[#14]
They want terrorists to get in, it's not stupidity, it's deliberately endangering Americans to further the global communist agenda.

In a word it is treason, our Federal government is infested with traitors.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:43:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Glad to have you here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Glad to have you here.

Quoted:

Well damn, Welcome to America and welcome to ARFCOM.

FBHO

Thank you friends. FBHO.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:45:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Would you prefer they not ask?

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 3:02:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Would you prefer they not ask?

View Quote

I'd prefer that they actually investigate.  Judge J had an Israeli LTC on who called those questions "juvenile" and went onto give a pretty good description of what out to be done, which of course I can't remember, but it sounded pretty thorough.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 7:03:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Well gosh, they asked, what more do you want?

That way, if they do something, then they really have them--lying on a federal form!!

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 7:10:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They want terrorists to get in, it's not stupidity, it's deliberately endangering Americans to further the global communist agenda.

View Quote

Damn straight. It's not incompetence .
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 7:58:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That way, if they do something, then they really have them--lying on a federal form!!
View Quote

Almost as intense as filling out a 4473. Scary stuff.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 8:52:00 AM EDT
[#21]
It is not so much the questioning but the questioners. It has been my experience that a lot of the vetting is done by junior foreign service workers.  By junior, I mean, early 20's, first-job-out-of-college kids who are disappointed they are in a third world country they would never vacation in, when they expected London or Paris. Getting through the hiring process convinces them that they are the masters of the universe, and they don't understand that they are the "second lieutenants" of the foreign service. They don't view notarizing "Certificates of Marriage Eligibility" forms in Manila is "paying their dues" and so these millennials sulk and go through the motions.

Naïve 20-somethings are putting in a half hearted effort towards vetting, usually blinded by their own political biases. So when "jihadi bride" puts down a residential address that doesn't exist on the background questionnaire, they don't go down and check it out, and they don't even bother to Google Maps it.

Give them something they can get their ideology involved in, though, and they turn into crusaders. Often with comical results.  I've seen 20-somethings get the "human trafficking" or vetting for "human rights" violations account and botch it because they have all the real world experience of....well, someone who never held a real job in their life.

Example:

Kid: Yeah, I went through the application, and I'm going to recommend that Captain Vasquez not get a visa to go Fort Benning for Infantry Officer Advanced Course.

Me: Why not?

Kid: He's a human rights violator. Twenty years ago, he was in the unit, that was deployed next to the unit, that allegedly massacred some indigenous people...allegedly. And now, he is in the same unit. I Googled it and found it the Worker's World Daily website.

Me: Captain Vasquez is in the 2nd Infantry Brigade. The unit you are talking about is the 2nd Infantry Battalion....and the unit that allegedly massacred Indians - which was never proven - was the 3rd Infantry Battalion next door.

Kid: Well, the 2nd should have done something to stop the 3rd from doing it.

Me: You don't know the difference between a brigade and a battalion, do you?

Kid: Is it a big deal? Anyway, it says right here, Colonel Vasquez helped cover up the massacre.

Me: Do you know the difference between the rank of colonel and the rank of captain?

Kid: (flustered) One outranks the other?  Colonel Vasquez must have gotten promoted to captain?

Me: (facepalm) How old is Captain Vasquez?

Kid: Umm, let me look it up. (shuffles through papers)  Wait, here it is. He is 28 years old?

Me: So, he was 8 years old, held the rank of colonel, and was leading a brigade in the San Domingus Army when this alleged massacre took place?

Kid: Are you going to take this to my boss? I did a lot of work on this. This is my first meaningful work I've gotten since getting into the foreign service, and every time I try to keep one of these war criminals out of the US, you go to my boss and make me look like a chump. He's a veteran, and you go in there and talk that military stuff with him, and I look like a fool.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where from?  

Welcome!!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 8:56:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Tougher questions will help?  Hardly, people will still lie, and chances are a real terrorist will have already been coached and trained how to deal with it.

I've lied to customs and Australian immigration and gotten away with it.  It's not like it's a hard thing to do when you're dealing with people that couldn't hack it in real jobs.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It is not so much the questioning but the questioners. It has been my experience that a lot of the vetting is done by junior foreign service workers.  By junior, I mean, early 20's, first-job-out-of-college kids who are disappointed they are in a third world country they would never vacation in, when they expected London or Paris. Getting through the hiring process convinces them that they are the masters of the universe, and they don't understand that they are the "second lieutenants" of the foreign service. They don't view notarizing "Certificates of Marriage Eligibility" forms in Manila is "paying their dues" and so these millennials sulk and go through the motions.

Naïve 20-somethings are putting in a half hearted effort towards vetting, usually blinded by their own political biases. So when "jihadi bride" puts down a residential address that doesn't exist on the background questionnaire, they don't go down and check it out, and they don't even bother to Google Maps it.

Give them something they can get their ideology involved in, though, and they turn into crusaders. Often with comical results.  I've seen 20-somethings get the "human trafficking" or vetting for "human rights" violations account and botch it because they have all the real world experience of....well, someone who never held a real job in their life.

Example:

Kid: Yeah, I went through the application, and I'm going to recommend that Captain Vasquez not get a visa to go Fort Benning for Infantry Officer Advanced Course.

Kid: He's a human rights violator. Twenty years ago, he was in the unit, that was deployed next to the unit, that allegedly massacred some indigenous people...allegedly. And now, he is in the same unit. I Googled it and found it the Worker's World Daily website.

Me: Captain Vasquez is in the 2nd Infantry Brigade. The unit you are talking about is the 2nd Infantry Battalion....and the unit that allegedly massacred Indians - which was never proven - was the 3rd Infantry Battalion next door.

Kid: Is it a big deal? Anyway, it says right here, Colonel Vasquez helped cover up the massacre.

Me: Do you know the difference between the rank of colonel and the rank of captain?

Kid: (flustered) One outranks the other?  Colonel Vasquez must have gotten promoted to captain?

Kid: Umm, let me look it up. (shuffles through papers)  Wait, here it is. He is 28 years old?

Me: So, he was 8 years old, held the rank of colonel, and was leading a brigade in the San Domingus Army when this alleged massacre took place?

Kid: Are you going to take this to my boss? I did a lot of work on this. This is my first meaningful work I've gotten since getting into the foreign service, and every time I try to keep one of these war criminals out of the US, you go to my boss and make me look like a chump. He's a veteran, and you go in there and talk that military stuff with him, and I look like a fool.  

View Quote

Wow.  Sadly it is the truth.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Example:

No Kid, you managed that part all by yourself.  Pat yourself on the back.  Everybody now knows you're a fool and that's probably the most meaningful thing you will ever do.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't forget "Why?"
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 9:27:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

In all seriousness..........you are 100% correct.

No one will believe it though.

Normalcy bias and all that.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 9:55:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where from?  

Priviet, dobro pozhalovat!
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah; some of the questions on the 4473 are ridiculous. But the NICS check is probably more thorough than whatever Immigration does.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:06:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone that knows anything about actually investigating shit knows you mostly don't care what the person says.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Are they even hooked to a poly?

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:09:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where from?  

Welcome, and thank you for doing it right.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:17:12 AM EDT
[#33]
What could possibly go wrong?

(That was sarcasm, for you folks with busted ironies)
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:25:37 AM EDT
[#34]
We have to let thousands of military aged Syrian men into our country.  We have to.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:31:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anyone that knows anything about actually investigating shit knows you mostly don't care what the person says.

View Quote

That's correct. The best information is third generation information.

First generation: Applicant says "Of course I'm not a terrorist."

Second generation: Applicant: "I'm not a terrorist. Ask my college dormitory roommate. He'll tell you I'm not a jihadist."

Third Generation: Investigator goes past applicant's "backstops", generates his own leads, and talks to dormitory manager, campus cops, and other people that would have known him in college.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Are they even hooked to a poly?

View Quote

Are you kidding?!?  Polys are expensive. If they hooked up every fiancé visa applicant to a poly by the time your 25 year old Czech bride got to the states, she'd be a toothless Social Security recipient.

Hell, it is possible to get a Top Secret with all the alphabet soup qualifier security clearance without a poly.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where from?  

I've been saying this for years.  We should be aligned with the people of Russia.   We have so much in common.    Welcome
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#38]
"Welcome to America! Please enjoy some complimentary bacon while we fill out these papers..."

(flinch, and I'll blow you away...)
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:04:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where from?  

I agree, it's time to work together

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#41]
asking questions is not vetting

these people are intentionally lying and destroying this country
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Second generation: Applicant: "I'm not a terrorist. Ask my college dormitory roommate. He'll tell you I'm not a jihadist."

Third Generation: Investigator goes past applicant's "backstops", generates his own leads, and talks to dormitory manager, campus cops, and other people that would have known him in college.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep....but we would never do that because it would appear racist

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#43]

We go through more horse shit to buy a gun, I guess we know who the enemy is.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, this.  I don't see them doing that sort of leg work on 10K "refugees" even if they could, which in the case of Syria is very doubtful.  In fact doubtful is being generous.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Chemical experience?
So do they weed out everyone who has taken Organic Chemistry 1?

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#46]
There is no reason why we could not put these "widows and orphans" in camps outside the continental US while we screen them or settle them back into their own country.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:12:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
There is no reason why we could not put these "widows and orphans" in camps outside the continental US while we screen them or settle them back into their own country.
View Quote

That's where I am too.  Plenty of space in N.Africa, they'd feel more at home, the transport cost would be less.  And they'd be zero risk to us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top