Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2015 3:29:42 PM EDT
Couple months ago I got rid of my Galaxy S4 and "upgraded" to an LG G4. Right away the touch screen had a different feeling than the S4 did. Not sure how to describe it, other than uncomfortable. Tried a couple different kind of screen protectors but no difference.

The screen makes my finger tips burn and tingle. Even when I don't use the phone for 8+ hours they still feel the same. Almost like I placed the tips of my fingers on a hot iron for several seconds and the burns have healed for a couple days.

Has anyone else had this happen to them and what may be causing it? I'm at the point where I don't even want to use the phone and considering switching to a blackberry with keyboard but well... blackberry.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you put lotion on your hand or otherwise have hands that are girly?
I have a galaxy but no burns,that's why I asked.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Xbox herpes.. You caught them.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#3]
If anyone else touches your phone, do they experience the same sensation?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#4]
symptom of AIDS
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#5]
op climbs granite but touch screen burns fingers?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the screen actually hot?  Or do you need to up your lithium?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Stop hooking it up to tubo chargers before your battery catches on fire.

Or your using lots of GPS or wifi/hotspot.

Take it out of the case and I bet the backs Extremely hot.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:40:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Screen only gets hot if the phone has been being used for an extended period of time.

I'm not sure if other people would experience the same feeling or not. Although the screen instantly felt "off" when I first got the phone the burning sensation slowly accumulated over the couple months of usage. And now my finger tips are constantly numb/tingly/burning.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Stop hooking it up to tubo chargers before your battery catches on fire.

Or your using lots of GPS or wifi/hotspot.

Take it out of the case and I bet the backs Extremely hot.

View Quote

Use factory charger, and the wifi hotspot feature is worthless. internet is so slow when using it so I almost never do.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like you're still within a year of upgrade/purchase.

I'd return it for another G4 to see if that solves it, or even a different model if your wireless provider will let you.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 4:04:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Samsung rocks. Get an S6.

Don't even consider a Dingleberry.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Samsung rocks. Get an S6.

Don't even consider a Dingleberry.
View Quote

The word is sucks not rocks . My S-5 was solid until the updates to the software. Now it runs slow and drops calls. Samsung can kiss my ass .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Too much iron in your blood.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 4:24:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Couple months ago I got rid of my Galaxy S4 and "upgraded" to an LG G4. Right away the touch screen had a different feeling than the S4 did. Not sure how to describe it, other than uncomfortable. Tried a couple different kind of screen protectors but no difference.

The screen makes my finger tips burn and tingle. Even when I don't use the phone for 8+ hours they still feel the same. Almost like I placed the tips of my fingers on a hot iron for several seconds and the burns have healed for a couple days.

Has anyone else had this happen to them and what may be causing it? I'm at the point where I don't even want to use the phone and considering switching to a blackberry with keyboard but well... blackberry.
View Quote

Have you tried one of the new Tempered Glass screen protectors?  I have one from Tech Armor that I really love.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Screen only gets hot if the phone has been being used for an extended period of time.
I'm not sure if other people would experience the same feeling or not. Although the screen instantly felt "off" when I first got the phone the burning sensation slowly accumulated over the couple months of usage. And now my finger tips are constantly numb/tingly/burning.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like neuropathy, might want to talk to a doctor.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#16]
It's magical.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This. It sounds like the neuropathy, which you have associated with the new phone.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top