Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2001 2:29:00 PM EDT
In the last 3 days I have had AOL call and try to get me to re-sign up for their service.  I originally dropped them after they fired the 3 employees in Utah last year for having hunting rifles in their trunks in a SHARED parking lot, not even their property.  Each time I tell them why and that I keep hearing that they are going to cut off access to gun web sites.  I don't know if the access was ever cut off, but I do know they fired those 3 guys.  Each call has offered so many free hours and I keep telling them that I will not rejoin under any circumstances.  One even denied that the Utah thing ever happened and said 'don't believe what you hear'.  If anyone on here uses AOL, please get another ISP and tell them why.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 2:50:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes....they consistently called and offered deals for about a month after the server was switched. i personally removed everything from the gateway that related to aol....there was so much trouble with them (gateway too) that it was hard to believe how good the machine worked after aol was gone.....a lot of e mails i send to friends, with photos, will not come up since this server is apparently incompatable with aol.......[pyro]...(they still have aol)
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 2:50:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed, and moreso... please tell them every time they call why you left them.  The way those things work, they start to take notice.  It takes a while, but I think we'll get through to them someday!  I hope...
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#4]
LARRY G i dropped them for the same reason and told them so in not so polite terms.yet they called me again yesterday about how they miss me.LOL,i told the guy on the phone that it wasn't anything personnel,but he and the company he works for can go get F'CKED and don't ever call me again.i hate [b]A[/b]lmost [b]O[/b]n [b]L[/b]ine more then the coyote that dragged my cat off.mmk
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#6]
oneshot.....yes...we use att...primarily because someone in the family retired from them...etc...etc....they were terrible at first, but immediatly made a commitment to better service and came through. i still get a occasional "glich" during peak times, but it is rare. i have access to different servers at work and although they are good att seems to do much better at home (so FAR) 2 things to keep in mind....someone said att was anti...don`t know but as i stated, it was a corporate decision....2 att still operates through msn, however, one of the servers i use is msn, and it does`nt do as well as att..how they are set up i have no clue. att does work well as i said......B&G
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 4:25:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#8]
AOL called me on the phone a couple of months ago and left a message on the answering machine that they were returning MY courtesy call.

Hell I've never called them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in the same boat as oneshot1kill. The instant my year's up, I'm getting rid of AOL, which has GOT to be the worst ISP in the industry. And I hope and pray those cheesedicks call ME up, wanting me to re-sign.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Does anyone have the phone # or address for AOL customer service?  My wife signed up on one of their xx many hours free deals so she could play their on-line games and now we are being charged for two different services!
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#11]
AOL was the worst experience I've had on-line, so I offed-'em.
They called me.
I advised them that my Legal Counsel would be contacting them should the call again.
End of story.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#12]
WIREBRUSH: try 1-800-509-2523.mmk
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:51:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I dropped [b]A[/b]ssh[b]OL[/b] years ago when their tech support and online uptime became soe abyssmal that I could have done better with tin cans and string.  I don't think they ever called wanting my business back.  I did write a letter to the editor of the old PCWorld magazine (which was published) expressing my gratitude for Steve Case rendering it unnecessary for me to ever buy bulk diskettes, since they used to send me anywhere from 5 to 10 a month with the 'free AOL software' on it.  Now I use their 'free' installation CDs that seem to be packaged in EVERYTHING for targets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top