Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2001 10:45:12 PM EDT
Phony $200 Bill with Bush Picture Used in Kentucky
Updated: Thu, Feb 01 10:54 AM EST

DANVILLE, Ky. (Reuters) - Talk about funny money.
Police in Kentucky are looking for a customer who succeeded in paying for a $2 order at a fast-food restaurant with a phony $200 bill featuring a picture of President George W. Bush and a depiction of the White House with a lawn sign saying, "We like broccoli."

Authorities say the female cashier at a Dairy Queen in Danville even gave the culprit $198 in real money as change.

"Essentially, the story is that somebody at a drive-in ordered some food and passed a $200 novelty deal with George Bush on it," Danville Police Detective Bob Williamson said.

"At a distance it looks like a real bill, it's got the green color," Williamson said when asked how the cashier possibly could mistake it for genuine money.

The cartoonish bill was accepted on Sunday evening by the Dairy Queen cashier despite having Bush on one side and an oil well on the other. The phony bill also depicted the White House lawn with yard signs reading "U.S. deserves a tax cut," "No more scandals" and "We like broccoli," the last apparently referring to Bush's father's admitted dislike for the vegetable.

No U.S. currency has a picture of Bush, let alone a reference to liking broccoli.

Because there is no actual $200 currency, the culprit could face a charge of theft by deception but not counterfeiting, Williamson said.

Link Posted: 2/1/2001 11:42:06 PM EDT
[#1]
ROTFLMAO!!!!! i will bet 200 dollars the clerk voted for klinton..pat
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 1:53:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Theft by deception?  Does anyone have a picture of those $200 bills?
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 6:04:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is a link to pictures of the bill.

Front: http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/p/nm/20010201/ts/mdf11862.html

Back: http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/p/nm/20010131/ts/imdf07662.html

Both Sides (B&W): http://www.messenger-inquirer.com/Images/200dollarbill130.jpg
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 6:27:26 AM EDT
[#4]
The only crime here is they would let a woman this dumb out in public let alone hold a job.

I didn't know my ex had moved to Kentucky.
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 6:37:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe she was hired by her mother/sister/cousin?
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 6:46:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Mother/sister/cousin

All of the above?

Opps I'm sorry my Kentucky neighbors that just slipped out. [:)]
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Kentucky Public Education makes Georgia look good.

Link Posted: 2/2/2001 7:01:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Actually, that bill looks pretty good. I mean if you didn't know there wasn't a $200 bill, and did't know that Bush was just elected.
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Lets see...dats 20,40...rats i lost count! 20,40,...rats i lost count again![@:D] It isn't just in Kentucky! The dumbing down of America...make everybody believe that only the Gov't can take care of the problems. Yeah she voted for Klinton...I mean Gore and Buchanan. No wait she was in Kentucky not Florida.
Lynn  
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Duh! I will not call Forrest Gump stupid ever again. I promise.

[:\]

Moose

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top