Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/31/2003 7:35:09 PM EDT
I was able to come across a boonie in the new MARPAT (Uncle was a former Marine). These new uniforms have the Eagle/Globe/Anchor embroided on the front. Do you think former and current Maines would take offense if worn by a non-Marine? Just wanted to get some input because I do not want to offend anyone.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Who cares. Wear what you want. Your not a slave.
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the camo pattern, but would only buy it if it didn't have the Eagle, Globe and Anchor.

I haven't earned the right to wear those, as much as it pisses me off.
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#3]
It just pisses us off that we can't get our new uniforms out here in the boonies! And as much as I need new cammies, I refuse to buy the old style!!! Those I can get (over at West Point or online).
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 7:52:26 PM EDT
[#4]
It doesn't offend them, it makes them horny.
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope, it was your sister!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I had some MARPAT for sale the other day. Does that piss anyone off? [:P]
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#7]
The way I see it, as long as your not strutting around telling everyone your a Marine when your not while wearing the stuff, who cares.
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 8:02:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nope, it was your sister!!!
View Quote

"Joo like this, Tony? Joo wanna f me?"
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't like the fact of non Marines wearing the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor... I wouldn't like it, but I don't think I'll stop you. Unless you were pretending to be something you aren't.
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#10]
What camo pattern did Al Pacino have on in the movie "Heat"?
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What camo pattern did Al Pacino have on in the movie "Heat"?
View Quote

It may of been belgium. [:D]
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Wear what you want no ifs ands or buts. It's just camo, not a full dress outfit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes. It offends Marines.
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't know why I'm getting into this God foresaken argument again....

I'm not going to bust your guy's ball like STLRN does, but I will say this...

It pisses Marines off to see others wear our uniform because we had to EARN it with our own blood, sweat and tears. We consider it a badge of honor, NOT a uniform. Would you go out and buy a few silver stars, purple hearts and Navy crosses? No. They have to be earned. Thats how Marines see it and that's why it pisses us off.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you guys about this again. If you want to make a fashion statement, thats fine. But I would advise you to start walking the other way if a Marine sees you wearing his uniform.
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok, what if you (marines) saw somene wearing MARPAT WITHOUT the EGA. Would you still be pissed?
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ok, what if you (marines) saw somene wearing MARPAT WITHOUT the EGA. Would you still be pissed?
View Quote

The Eagle, Globe and Anchor is in the pattern.
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:It pisses Marines off to see others wear our uniform because we had to EARN it with our own blood, sweat and tears. .........

..... But I would advise you to start walking the other way if a Marine sees you wearing his uniform.
View Quote

Umm, I understand your feelings towards you and your fellow Marines getting upset if someone wears a full uniform.

But BDU's are BDU's.  They are the most comfortable pair of pants and jacket I have ever owned.  I love the pockets and the seat cut, so I will continue to wear them.  Not out of any disrespect towards you.  I just like to be comfortable.

Will you also get this upset if I shoot an AR15?

See what I'm saying??

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 9:06:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Umm, I understand your feelings towards you and your fellow Marines getting upset if someone wears a full uniform.

But BDU's are BDU's.  They are the most comfortable pair of pants and jacket I have ever owned.  I love the pockets and the seat cut, so I will continue to wear them.  Not out of any disrespect towards you.  I just like to be comfortable.

Will you also get this upset if I shoot an AR15?

See what I'm saying??

Sgtar15
View Quote

I think he's refering more to the EGA than any camo pattern.
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 9:08:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It pisses Marines off to see others wear our uniform because we had to EARN it with our own blood, sweat and tears. We consider it a badge of honor, NOT a uniform. Would you go out and buy a few silver stars, purple hearts and Navy crosses? No. They have to be earned. Thats how Marines see it and that's why it pisses us off.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you guys about this again. If you want to make a fashion statement, thats fine. [red]But I would advise you to start walking the other way if a Marine sees you wearing his uniform.[/red]
View Quote

Thats ridiculous!! Its a frickin pair of pants and a shirt. Get off the high horse!! Is he gonna beat me up for wearing "HIS" uniform? I dont think so! Argue all you want but VERY FEW people feel as you do. GET OVER IT MARINE!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#22]
I recently ate a marine MRE does it piss you off?
Get over it people!
It is a Camo pattern and nothing more Putting the EGA embedded into the uniform was stupid anyway. (IMO)
From what I understand There is no real reason for it other than trying to be "Differnt" than the Army or someone needed to feel "special"
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It is a Camo pattern and nothing more Putting the EGA embedded into the uniform was stupid anyway. (IMO)
From what I understand There is no real reason for it other than trying to be "Differnt" than the Army or someone needed to feel "special"
View Quote

Marines are different and special.

Look, just buy the fucking ones without the EGA. How damn hard is that?
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 9:38:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you guys about this again. If you want to make a fashion statement, thats fine. [red]But I would advise you to start walking the other way if a Marine sees you wearing his uniform.[/red]
View Quote

Thats ridiculous!! Its a frickin pair of pants and a shirt. Get off the high horse!! Is he gonna beat me up for wearing "HIS" uniform? I dont think so! Argue all you want but VERY FEW people feel as you do. GET OVER IT MARINE!!
View Quote

You people are missing my point entirely. Read my post again and if you still don't understand it, then call 1-800-ABC-DEFG. Then while you're at it, find some old vet and tell him that the ribbons and medals on his chest are just fabric and metal. Then tell him to get off his high horse.

This is exactly why I try to avoid arguing with you people on this. You just skip my explaination of how a Marine views this and go on to your pissing and moaning about how we feel about it. Yes, few people share my beliefs and those people are Marines. One would think you'd show a little more respect than that.

And yes, "HIS UNIFORM." He EARNED it. Did you?

Work on the reading and comprehension skills.

Link Posted: 3/31/2003 9:39:59 PM EDT
[#25]
One more thing - dont try giving me this shit about shooting an AR15 and eating MREs. See above phone number if you are still confused.
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 9:46:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I like the camo pattern, but would only buy it if it didn't have the Eagle, Globe and Anchor.

View Quote

True that.
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

True that.
View Quote

Thank you gentlemen. At least someone gets the idea. People wearing a similar camoflauge pattern does not bother us. If someone buys clones of our digimon cammies thats fine. There are some out there, but we take offense to wearing our actual uniform. It's pretty disrespectful how some people on this board are fully aware of that but still continue to pick fights with Marines about this. If it's "just a pair of pants" or "just a camo pattern" to you guys, THEN WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE???

Flame away. I'm done with this shit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#28]
[peep]
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey! I didn't mean to open up a can of worms! I just wanted to get some input. I am not trying to disrespect anyone or make the USMC any less than it is. I am very grateful for all are Military Forces for what they have done for USA to make it what it is today. anyone elese want to chime in?

Dick
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#30]
I know youre not trying to offen anyone. This argument has been going on ever since the new pattern was released. I vowed a few months ago never to get in these arguments again, but we see what happened to that...
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 10:03:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I am not trying to disrespect anyone or make the USMC any less than it is. Dick
View Quote

I seriously doubt you could do the Corps any damage here. I would NOT, however, wear the Eagle, Globe & Anchor unless you had indeed earned that right.

Now, if you really want to have some fun, wear the Seal Budweiser trident. They just LOVE it when people do that shit!

My .o2
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#33]
im pretty sure some day do to logistics every branch will be using MARPAT just without the eagle and globe.

Link Posted: 3/31/2003 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Not all.
There are civilian companies out there making copy MARPAT without the EGA
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 11:09:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Not all.
There are civilian companies out there making copy MARPAT without the EGA
View Quote

MARPAT without the EGA isn't MARPAT. It's a clone. Wear the clones all you want. I don't give a shit. It's a good camo. It works.

As for everything else said on this thread, I support MarineGrunt.

Damn just realized what I said... oh well guess it's natural, since I'm an 0811. [:P]
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 12:12:41 AM EDT
[#36]
What about grabbastic bags of amphibian shit(recruits) who receive MARPAT when they arrive at Boot?  They haven't earned it.

I don't think anyone here is trying to pretend to be a Marine.  No one is wanting to wear dress blues or medals.  Real MARPAT is higher quality than the clone shit.

What about the Marines who sell theirs on EBAY?  

My brother is a decorated Desert Storm veteran.
He received many citations.  He does not mind if I buy or wear MARPAT.  That's good enough for me.  If he was against it, that would have been enough as well.

As for assholes who pretend to be Marines, they need to have their asses kicked.  Pretending is the offense, not the wearing of MARPAT.

TS

No one would ever mistake me for a Marine with my goatee anyway.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 12:14:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I was able to come across a boonie in the new MARPAT [red](Uncle was a former Marine).[/red] These new uniforms have the Eagle/Globe/Anchor embroided on the front. Do you think former and current Maines would take offense if worn by a non-Marine? Just wanted to get some input because I do not want to offend anyone.

Thanks
View Quote

Have you asked your uncle his opinion?

TS
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 12:34:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Its great to see you have pride in the corp. You deserve to have that EGA awarded to you and no one else. I am very greatful for your service.

But a Leatherneck walking up to some joe on the street with a MARPAT boonie on and starts kicking his ass?
I honestly don't see it.
Sure, may happen once or twice. But WTF you want to go and risk getting your ass locked up for doing that? Honestly, I am not sure a judge or even an officer would want a soldier that couldn't handle ones temper in a combat situation.

Yeah, get angry, tell the mofo off. But go and beat him to a pulp? I think that would be counterproductive to a the marines reputation.

I have friends who were in the IDF, one was shot in the damn neck. I have an IDF sticker on my SUV and also wear IDF military shirts. He was proud to see me have it on my car, and I was NEVER in the IDF!

Just my .02 cents [beer]
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 1:29:15 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm glad I didnt see this one sooner...lol
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 3:45:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Howzabout one of you wiseasses puts on a SEAL Trident and an EGA, and me and MarineGrunt will take turns tap dancing on your skulls????

Hmmm? Big talkers??
View Quote

Bring the trident and the ega. Ready when you are. I dont care to wear the stuff but if it will bring you down hear to try and whip my ass, bring it on.

That big enough for you? Hmmm? When can I expect you? You have been called out!! Big talker!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 4:25:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Howzabout one of you wiseasses puts on a SEAL Trident and an EGA, and me and MarineGrunt will take turns tap dancing on your skulls????

Hmmm? Big talkers??
View Quote

Bring the trident and the ega. Ready when you are. I dont care to wear the stuff but if it will bring you down hear to try and whip my ass, bring it on.

That big enough for you? Hmmm? When can I expect you? You have been called out!! Big talker!!
View Quote

Well, as long as yall are giving them away I guess I'll take a trident and some MARPAT as well. Let me know where the ass whipping is going to be and I'll be there.

Oh, remember to bring your lunch. It's going to be a long day.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 4:29:31 AM EDT
[#42]
I bought two pair of MARPAT trousers off of ebay.

Both pair were mailed from South Carolina.

Has anyone else wondered where all this MARPAT on sale on ebay comes from (after it leaves the the factory)?

I have been under the impression that most of it comes from Marines who were issued it, or bought it from the PX, and know they can make some extra money by selling it on ebay.

So, do you come down harder on the dealer, or the user?

Jay
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 4:30:11 AM EDT
[#43]
I know many Marines are offended by this because they went through hell and back to earn the right to wear the EGA. As a former Marine I personally don't have a problem with it. I think it is similar to someone wearing an NHL Jersey to show support for thier favorite hockey team. When I was a kid I always loved to wear military clothing like field jackets and BDU trousers. I was a huge fan of the Marine Corps from a very young age, I suppose it was inevitable that I joined later on but I don't believe you have to earn the right to wear the uniform as long as you don't claim you did. The MARPAT issue is a little different because from what I hear the Marines who need them are not all wearing them yet due to low supplies. I woud probably wait a while before I get myself a set.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 4:34:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I bought two pair of MARPAT trousers off of ebay.

Both pair were mailed from South Carolina.

Jay
View Quote

What'd you pay?  I'd like to try some in the woods just to see if I think it's superior to Woodland for local conditions..

Link Posted: 4/1/2003 4:35:32 AM EDT
[#45]
If I get a boonie, and say I cover the EGA up with a subdued patch of some sort, will that be ok?

CHRIS
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 4:38:29 AM EDT
[#46]
It only offends me in the way the sight of a man wearing stripes and plaid, white shoes after Labor Day, or a Black tie during the daylight offends me.  
Standards.

When I see a Gun-Show Rambo strutting aroung in his "Airbrushed, Moonlit Wolf" T-Shirt and Rhodesian cammie trousers, am I offended?
Not really.  Maybe a little appalled, mixed with a bit of pity and disgust.

It's just tacky to wear someone else's uniform.
If you want them for the field, fine.

But I'd prefer to see my fellow Arf-COMers exhibit a little more discretion and class.

All that being said, if you want to play dress-up and pretend you're a Marine -enjoy.
Most people who would do this rarely run the risk of being mistaken for a Marine, anyhow.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 4:39:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If I get a boonie, and say I cover the EGA up with a subdued patch of some sort, will that be ok?

CHRIS
View Quote

Just wear it, it's a nice "hat".
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 4:41:23 AM EDT
[#48]
As an o331 I agree with MarineGrunt.[50] Semper Fi Marines.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 4:49:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

True that.
View Quote

Thank you gentlemen. At least someone gets the idea. People wearing a similar camoflauge pattern does not bother us. If someone buys clones of our digimon cammies thats fine. There are some out there, but we take offense to wearing our actual uniform. It's pretty disrespectful how some people on this board are fully aware of that but still continue to pick fights with Marines about this. If it's "just a pair of pants" or "just a camo pattern" to you guys, THEN WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE???

Flame away. I'm done with this shit.
View Quote

Ok im confused. Are you saying that you are ok with a non marine wearing marpat cammo WITHOUT the EGA or do you not want non marines to wear marpat at all with or without the EGA?

Cause IIRC the marpat cammo pattern was developed in an [u]ARMY[/u] research lab and then sold to the marines basically making your argument a mute point.

explain please.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 4:54:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Let's boycott MARPAT and get the original....CADPAT.  It's tha shizznit too.

CHRIS
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top