Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 4:58:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I want some MARPAT. anyone got a link to where its being sold?
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 5:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Edit: Screw it.. been down this road before. Some folks are too big for their britches.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 5:08:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I want some MARPAT. anyone got a link to where its being sold?
View Quote

Do a search on Ebay. There's alot of stuff on there.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 7:11:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the camo pattern, but would only buy it if it didn't have the Eagle, Globe and Anchor.

I haven't earned the right to wear those, as much as it pisses me off.
View Quote

True that.
View Quote

Thank you gentlemen. At least someone gets the idea. People wearing a similar camoflauge pattern does not bother us. If someone buys clones of our digimon cammies thats fine. There are some out there, but we take offense to wearing our actual uniform. It's pretty disrespectful how some people on this board are fully aware of that but still continue to pick fights with Marines about this. If it's "just a pair of pants" or "just a camo pattern" to you guys, THEN WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE???

Flame away. I'm done with this shit.
View Quote

Ok im confused. Are you saying that you are ok with a non marine wearing marpat cammo WITHOUT the EGA or do you not want non marines to wear marpat at all with or without the EGA?
View Quote
If it doesn't have the Eagle, Globe and Anchor, it isn't MARPAT and isn't our uniform - I could care less if you wear it, I just might look at you strange. I shouldn't have to explain this again. I typed it clearly in my last post.

Cause IIRC the marpat cammo pattern was developed in an [u]ARMY[/u] research lab and then sold to the marines basically making your argument a mute point.
View Quote
You have no point. MARPAT is a MARINE uniform. Not Army. I don't see "US Army" on the pattern anywhere. Keep trying...

BTW- No one said anything about kicking anyone's ass for wearing MARPAT. Not saying that it isn't possible...
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 7:42:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I just finished a home loan for a Marine and he OFFERED to get me a full set of MARPAT as a thank you for the smooth loan process. Is this Marine gonna give me the set and then kick my ass because I accepted it?

A small point of clarification here, is it still a uniform if not worn as a set or as pant only with a AR15.com t-shirt and no cover? I would think that if the MARPAT is worn in such a way that would not be considered a uniform in the Marine Corps, then how would someone be demeaning the Marines?

I also have a full set of authentic GI LBE's with ammo pouches and a long range 'Ranger' butt pack. In addition, I own an post-ban AR15 M4gery and enjoy shooting it on a regular basis. Should I worry that an active duty soldier, airman, sailor or Marine would argue that I have not earned the right to wear my LBE or shoot my M4gery? I also have a SIG220 in .45 and I enjoy shooting 'action pistol' courses that replicate the FBI or Federal Air Marshalls qualificatiopn course. Will I get my ass kicked or be yelled at because I have not earned the right to shoot these courses of fire?

Understand, I have nothing but respect for our fighting men and women as I was once one of them. I understand what constitutes a uniform and a simple pair of BDU pants, regardless of color or pattern ARE NOT a uniform. They may be a part of a uniform, but wouldn't a current Marine be in trouble for wearing only the pants portion of the uniform? Relax fellows, you'll live longer.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Guys,

I think we are looking at this the wrong way.  MARPAT is a marine uniform.  Without the EGA, it is just a clone.  If you want a clone pair, go buys some.  If they work better for you, great.  The Marines(remember, there are no EX-Marines) on this board are just saying that MARPAT WITH the EGA is a uniform.  They probably could not care less if non-Marines wear the MARPAT-type clones.  

But,  If you aren't a Marine and you are wearing actual Marine MARPAT and you are called out on it, be prepared to be labeled a "poser." -cause that is what you will be doing.  I would NEVER wear regulation MARPAT.  I am not a Marine.  However, if the MARPAT-like camo stuff works better, I wouldn't have a problem wearing it.  And I would also let any Marine know, if asked, that they were not regulation cammies, but clones.  

Would any of you train in Marine dress uniforms?  I highly doubt it, because you would be "pretending" to be something you were not.  Likewise, regulation MARPAT is a uniform.  The MARPAT-type stuff is NOT a uniform, just a pattern copy.

Just use your common sense and be respectful.  Chances are that is all a Marine will ever ask on this subject.

-Pat
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Christ, how hard is this??

THE EAGLE GLOBE AND ANCHOR ARE EMBEDDED IN THE MARPAT UNIFORM.

I could have gotten a set before I got out last year, but passed because I didn't need them, and other Marines did.

As far as the "rate" thing goes, why don't ya'll who want to dress up go buy a pair of dungaree’s and act like swabs??
Oh, you don't want too? Why not? It isn't cool??

How about this??
Quit bringing this topic up, and you won't have to hear us Marines tell you that MARPAT IS a uniform?
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Christ, how hard is this??
View Quote

Pretty hard.

THE EAGLE GLOBE AND ANCHOR ARE EMBEDDED IN THE MARPAT UNIFORM.
View Quote

Even though the military knew that they would end up on the open market and that non-marines would be wearing them. Who was in charge of this thing? Didn't they think about that before they embedded the EGA in the cloth?

Give it 5 more years and every army-navy store in the US will have bins full of them. Which brings up another subject. How do Marines feel about [b]army-navy[/b] stores selling [b]Marine[/b] gear? Do they [b]rate[/b] to sell Marine gear?[:)]

I could have gotten a set before I got out last year, but passed because I didn't need them, and other Marines did.
View Quote

Yet other Marines will buy an extra set and sell them on eBay. It doesn't look like the MARPAT worship that goes on around here is as deeply embedded throughout the Marine Corp as some here would lead you to believe.

As far as the "rate" thing goes, why don't ya'll who want to dress up go buy a pair of dungaree’s and act like swabs??
Oh, you don't want too? Why not? It isn't cool??
View Quote

Because white pants don't blend in too well in the woods.

How about this??
Quit bringing this topic up, and you won't have to hear us Marines tell you that MARPAT IS a uniform?
View Quote

It's not the telling part that bothers anyone, it's the bitching and moaning that makes this topic a popular one.

My Marine brother in law just finished reading this thread and he got a nice chuckle out of how rediculous the whole thing is. I would post his comment but I think it's a little too colorful to comply with the board rules.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd wear a pink tutu if it would help me kill elk or deer.
I sometimes wear BDU's to hunt or play in because they're comfortable, tough clothes.  I had to give my wife my desert sand colored pants, because she thinks they're so comfortable.
This whole thread is much ado about nothing.
If you're wearing them because you're a wannabee goober, being that stupid is punishment enough.
If you get highly offended over someone elses style of dress, be it piercings, tatoos,
t shirts or Marpat, you'll be terminally pissed off. Lighten up.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#11]
More information that I didn't know about the MARPAT being derived from the Canadian CADPAT camo pattern.

MARPAT: Marine Pattern Camouflage

The U.S. Marines considered adopting CADPAT for their new pattern, however the Canadian government owns the copyright for the pattern. The Canadian government supplied information and manufacturers to help the Marines with the computer-generated Digital Pattern pixilated uniform the Canadians had been developing since 1988.

The new U.S. Marine MARPAT (Marine Pattern camouflage) Forest, Desert and Urban

MARPAT was developed with the help of the Canadian Defense Department and their extensive research used to develop CADPAT.

While a spokesman for the Marines is quoted as stating "The U.S. and Canadian uniforms are similar, but nowhere near the same." Most of us would have trouble seeing differences between the two other than the color schemes used. It has been reported that the Marines are Patenting their pattern so others can't copy it. So how does the Canadian Government copyright a pattern that the Marines can't copy, and the Marines develop a pattern that looks identical to CADPAT with different colors and is able to patent it without infringing on the CADPAT copyright?

Subtle differences other than color exist in the CADPAT-MARPAT patterns, those differences are hinted to but have never been fully disclosed for both.

This is taken from [url]http://www.hyperstealth.com/CADPAT-MARPAT.htm[/url] website.  

For the record I am not a Marine, so I don't know if they get mad when I wear my Marpat.

I am not impersonating a Marine by wearing this camo, any more than when wearing Tiger Stripe, or Woodland, or Desert patterns.  You cannot easily see the logo and in fact last weekend three adults spent over five minutes looking for the insignia and only found it in one place on a pair of pants.

Not to mention that we virtually copied the idea from Canada which makes it a whole lot less of an issue to me now since it wasn't the Marines idea in the first place.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'd wear a pink tutu if it would help me kill elk or deer.
View Quote

Deer and elk are colorblind, so the need for a colored pattern is out. All you need is something to breakup the outline of the human body. Why do you think that blaze orange is used for a safety color??

Big B, the tigerstipe cammies were never an issued uniform, they were used by spec-op teams and CIA in Vietnam, not by line grunts.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Big B, the tigerstipe cammies were never an issued uniform, they were used by spec-op teams and CIA in Vietnam, not by line grunts.
View Quote

Exactly my point.  I am supposed to be impersonating a spec-op team, or CIA agent if I were to wear the Tiger Stripe camo?  

And yes I am aware that none of these patterns contained an insignia.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#14]
True MARPAT that is worn by active duty Marines has their names printed on them, yes or no.

If it does, then a set of MARPAT BDUs that does not have a name (or any other markings whatsoever, be it patches, insignias, etc.) on it shouldn't be considered a "uniform," should it?

I wear OD and tan BDU pants all the time. I buy them at Surplus stores and they are the real McCoy. Does that mean I am trying to be something I am not?

Speaking of all this, let's talk haircuts. Since I was a senior in HS, I've had a high-n-tight more than I've had any other 'do.' Alot of people have this type of haircut. Just because you get that type of cut in the military, does that mean those of us with HnTs are pretending to be military?

My purpose with this post is not to flame, not at all. I simply am curious.

Here's a story that hit me real close to home:

Last year when BHD came out at the theaters, Garandman and I went to see it with a buddy of ours. None of us are military. Like everyone else, we were nearly overcome with awe at the depiction of our fighting men's courage while in Somalia. Now remember, I've got my HnT and as we get up to leave, a good-looking woman comes up to me, looking like she wants to hug me or bear my children or something, and she asks me if I am serving in the military...

In the second it took me to respond to her, I thought to myself that no-one (except my two buddies) would ever know if I lied and said 'Yes.' I also realized that as much as I admire our American Warriors, specifically the Rangers, I would be closer to being a Ranger by saying 'No' than by saying 'Yes.'

So I looked her in the eye and quietly said 'No.'

She appeared to be embarrassed for asking and quickly moved away, disappearing into the crowd.

I am enamored with things military. My dad is a Vietnam Veteran. Most of my friends are military. I like almost everything about the military, except the waiting (I have drilled with the NG). The food (yes, the food), the hardware, the clothing, etc. At no time do I pretend to be a serviceman, however.

Lying about who or what you are seems to be the big deal, not the act of wearing clothes that any Joe can buy at a surplus store or on Ebay.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Exactly my point.  I am supposed to be impersonating a spec-op team, or CIA agent if I were to wear the Tiger Stripe camo?  

And yes I am aware that none of these patterns contained an insignia.
View Quote

Wearing tigerstripe is no different than wearing woodland cammies or any other peice of camo, since they have no unit or service markings or devices.

MARPAT, on the other hand DOES!!

Get it yet???

Damn.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Dang that was my next question!! [banana]
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#17]
TS, Yes, I did he really had no opinion, He Stated if it was a problem he would've not given me the boonie.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#18]
No way in hell am I going out now in my Royal Robbins F.B.I. pants.. [smoke]

I do think I agree with the Marines on this one.  Shouldn't ask the question if you don't like the answer.

[smoke]
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
True MARPAT that is worn by active duty Marines has their names printed on them, yes or no.
View Quote

No.
Marines have name tapes sewen onto the uniform after they buy them, but they are still a uniform.
We don't have name tapes on our Alphas, or Blues, so are they less of a uniform?
Nope.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No. Marines have name tapes sewen onto the uniform after they buy them, but they are still a uniform.
We don't have name tapes on our Alphas, or Blues, so are they less of a uniform?
Nope.
View Quote

That's why I am asking, b/c I don't know.

So, MARPAT BDUs that have no name tapes, no insignias, no rank, etc, are still considered an official uniform?

If this is so, why are Marines selling theirs?
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why bother wearing a uniform of a military service if you're not in it? Pretending is a bad thing. Don't get caught wanting onto a base wearing the stuff or you'll find yourself in a world of trouble.
View Quote

Err, exactly who are you claiming to be 'pretending?'
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Because they are greedy.

The USMC started using name tapes back in 1992 or 1993, at the direction of the Commandant, General Mundy.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Do some of you guys know how silly this whole arguement is?

No I suppose you don't. Well, maybe I'll order a set to drive your blood pressure up another notch, or you could just lose the insecurities and relax.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I accidentally put on my wife's panties once...now I have menstral cramps.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#27]

[i]MarineGrunt[/i]
Flame away. I'm done with this shit.
BTW- No one said anything about kicking anyone's ass for wearing MARPAT. Not saying that it isn't possible...
View Quote
<-------3 post later

Maybe you forgot this.
Quoted:
Howzabout one of you wiseasses puts on a SEAL Trident and an EGA, and me and MarineGrunt will take turns tap dancing on your skulls????

Hmmm? Big talkers??
View Quote

BTW, I fully support our troops and most servicemen.  But it's like this;

When I wear Nikes I don't pretend to be Chris Webb.....

When I put my hand down my pants I don't pretend to be Al Bundy....

When I listen to Emimem I don't pretend to be black....

When I do "da bump" I don't pretend it's full auto....

[b][i]And when I were BDU's, any BDU's, I don't pretend to be a serviceman!![/i][/b]

The point?!?!?

I do all the above because I can, I like to, I'm comfortable, and because it's fasion!!

Get over it!!

Sgtar15

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#28]
I wonder how many EGAs got farted on today in the MARPAT?????????????

Isn't that desecrating the EGA?

Couldn't resist.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd say that if you paid your taxes and vote for a strong defense, you have earned it. America's fighting force and it's dominance on the battlefield is due to 33% personnel, 33% R&D engineer, and %33 taxpayer. It is really a simple equation to understand. Why people here on this board don't is beyond me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#30]
guess the marines better stop giving out  Tshirts with the EGA on them cuz we havent earned the right to wear em yet.

God this whole arugment is a JOKE just becouse someone is wearing it doesnt mean there going around "impersonating" marines. Its the person inside the clothes that matters not the clothes they wear.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#31]
It's a camouflage pattern.......[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Sgtar15
View Quote

Now you got me curious.  What happened when you accidentally tried on the bra?

I cleaned a shotgun once with tampons and now I gotta clean it every 28 days whether it needs it or not.

I suppose this could get to be like the Jewish dillemma of "Free Pork" when some Marine finds a hot looking babe wearing MARPAT.

Seriously this seem like a subjective issue and not every Marine would have the exact same opinion and only a few would scrutinize the items for the tell tale insignia.   Still it ain't on my to buy list, real or otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Sgtar15
View Quote

So I guess it's okay for me to tell you not to get your panties in a bunch about this, right??
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

When I see a Gun-Show Rambo strutting aroung in his "Airbrushed, Moonlit Wolf" T-Shirt and Rhodesian cammie trousers, am I offended?
Not really.  Maybe a little appalled, mixed with a bit of pity and disgust.

View Quote

[LOLabove]hahah,now that's funny.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#35]
[b](PREFACE: I have the utmost respect for all branches of our Armed Forces, and especially the United States Marine Corps.  You guys are the reason I can voice my opinion. You are appreciated. [i]Some of you have some really, really wierd issues regarding a freakin' pair of pants,[/i] but I'll support you till the day I die for the job you do. Thanks!)[/b]

Now, about the pants thing...

I have some MARPAT trousers. They were given me by a Marine, who thought all of this was the funniest and most ridiculous bullshit he'd ever heard. Such a ruckus over PANTS and HATS. [b] PANTS and HATS [/b] for the love of Pete. I never knew fashion was such a matter of National Importance and neither did he.

My friend looked at it as such: wearing the EGA is not what makes him a Marine, nor is the EGA what makes ANY Marine a Marine. It's the character, Honor and Pride of the [b]Man.[/b] Not his symbol. And CERTAINLY not a pair of odd looking pixellated pants.

My wearing the computerated wonderpants in no way intimates that I think that I am Marine. It means I like comfortable, durable,  and very functional pants. (Now, wearing them at the gunshow would be silly and a bit sad, I agree, but who am I to judge??? Personally, I prefer cammies at the range, in hunting camp or anywhere outdoors that functional and tough pants that can blend in the surroundings if needs be might be nice...sorta what they were designed for...function, not a fashion statement for the USMC, IMO.)

The dot-matrix dungarees no more make me a Marine than wearing a blue flight suit would make me a Blue Angel. I in no way disrespect The USMC or pretend or represent myself as something I am not when I have worn these particular pants, same as I do not claim nor represent myself as a Ranger, for example in Woodland BDU's, as an LRRP from the vietnam era if I happen to wear tigerstripes, (or French if I chose to wear pink and scream "I surrender" like a scared little girl.)
I am simply me in some really, really weird looking pants, that happened to be adopted by the USMC as their uniform on my dime. Yes, I would also point out that as a lowly, unwashed, someone-who-doesn't-RATE-in-some-eyes-to-wear-the-www.woodland.com-supertrousers [i][b]TAXPAYER [/i][/b] I, and many like me originally footed the bill for the development of the digital incredipants. They were sorta mine before they was yours.

Sorry for the rant, but I think this whole issue over fashion do's and dont's when we have a country to liberate and Marines, Sailors, Airmen and Army servicemen and women fighting and dying, well, it's about just damn silly. Really.

JMFO, YMMV.

RF
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#36]
this thread is funny.  i have a tons of respect for all the people that serve but come on...  you're basically saying the clothes make you a marine.  that is ridiculous.  if i see someone in camo's i dont automatically think they are in the service.  if i wear them im not pretending to be anything.  its just fkn clothes!
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 9:16:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I think the Marine Corps dropped the ball when incorporating the EGA in the camo.  Sorta cheapens it by trying to be "different", and having your "own" cammies. You don't see MOH t-shirts being peddled at Arlington do you?  How about "Silver Star Daquiri's" at the O'Club at Bragg on Friday night
or "Bronze Star 10% Off Sale at the PX"
The Marine brass knew before the new pattern came out what happens to hundreds of thousands of surplus uniforms...they eventually end up at Bob's Army World and Surplus Store.  I agree that the EGA should be respected, starting with the Corp itself.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#38]
on a serious note...
If the marines that need MARPAT cant get it what they really need to do Is talk to thier superiors and to thier supplier! And maby to thier fellow marines that give them away and sell them.
I really dont think its a huge deal that everyone doesnt have MARPAT yet. Im sure they have a planned implementation of the camo into the corp. We are not in a state of national emergency Im sure its possible for thm to get all the MARPAT that they need I doubt the suppliers would mind additional contracts and if needed they could deliver at lighting speed.
If Marines cant get what they need it probably has to do more with thier logistic people than anything else. Talk to someone who can fix the situation rather than bitching about people who buy it on the free market.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
TS, Yes, I did he really had no opinion, He Stated if it was a problem he would've not given me the boonie.
View Quote

There's your answer.

TS
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#40]
RatFink nailed it pretty good here.

The EGA doesn't make a Marine anymore than a badge makes a police officer.  It is a designation that he is one, but without it, he is still a Marine or a police officer or whatever.  The Marines make the EGA, not the other way.  Also, you didn't earn the right to wear MARPAT, all American taxpayers have that right.  What you earned was something more valuable and special, to be a United States Marine.  The whole "we've earned it" argument really doesn't hold water considering it is issued to recruits who aren't even Marine's yet.

That being said, if I had a set of MARPAT, I would only wear the pants if doing outdoors work or hunting.  This isn't because I'm worried about wearing the EGA, its because I'm worried about being considered military even though I am not.  Hell, if I had a pair of clones without the EGA, I'd still wear them the same: sparingly.

If some of you still have a problem with civilians wearing MARPAT, why don't you look inwards and deal with your own who are providing it.

BTW, how honorable would it be to threaten someone who probably couldn't defend themselves?
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I suppose this could get to be like the Jewish dillemma of "Free Pork" when some Marine finds a hot looking babe wearing MARPAT.
View Quote

I'm not a Marine, but I promise that if I see a tasty dame wearing MARPAT, I will remove it from her right away. I will post pics.

As far as stomping asses, I will stomp the ass of anyone who tells my wife.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Because they are greedy.

The USMC started using name tapes back in 1992 or 1993, at the direction of the Commandant, General Mundy.
View Quote

The way I heard it was...  That ARMY General Norman Schwartzkof orderd it during the Gulf War 1.

Did I here this wrong?
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 7:45:15 AM EDT
[#43]
You heard wrong.
The army has no command over the USMC in the wear of the uniform, or any other form.
As far as in-theater, as the AO commander, he could have required it IN THEATER, but not across the board.
General Mundy is the one who brought the name tapes to the FMF, and no one else.
We used to just iron on the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor with USMC below it on the left breast pocket of our cammies, but now it's just the Eagle ,Globe and Anchor with the name tape over the right breast pocket, and US Marines over the left breast pocket.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#44]
you guys who are bringing up hair cuts, ARs, alice gear and all that other stuff are just making lame arguments to try and justify playing dress-up.

no i dont think a Marine is going to drag you into an alley and kick the shit out fo you but you should know this: the Marine culture is unlike the other services. it is self-policing. Marines correct other Marines and if you wear your MARPAT in public (any piece of it) you will have a Marine come say something like this "hey devil dog you know you arent supposed to wear that in public"  so if you can look him in the eye and say "oh im not a Marine" then you have no pride so carry on. maybe if he's extra motivated he'll proclaim you a "loser" or a "poser" and walk away. if you think im kidding ask a Marine. i once got FIRED UP in a dry cleaning shop because i was in cammies. i left my car running and just stopped in to pick up my Blues but low and behold a 1stSgt was there in civies and he let me have it. right there in the store. and dont think  you'll be OK because you only wear one part of the uniform. wearing it half-assed is worse than wearhign the whole thing. you will be corrected.

stand by

if you guys dont get...you arent going to get it. because you are not Marines. so dont knock us for taking this to heart. just accept it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#45]
I am quite sure that the ghost of my USMC Grandfather would be dang proud to see me honor him by wearing MARPAT, the EGA or any foofing else that makes me remember him. Regardless of me being Army Infantry.

All of us are/is on the same WINNING Team anyways.

Last time I looked at the news, the 3rd ID AND the USMC are kicking serious butt.

Go Team!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#46]
I hold a great deal of respect for all our servicemen, particularly Marines.

That being said, I have several Marines in my family, vets from Vietnam through Somalia. My family has alway been proud of them and most of us had several items of clothing with the EGA on it, many given to us by said Marines. I doubt they were "setting us up" to accuse us of insulting the Marines. I don't walk around in public in Marpat or any other cammies cause I would look goofy, but I have worn many EGA's in my lifetime, often with the encouragement of Marines as a sign of respect and support. I also pull the Marine or US ARMY nametags off of any BDU's I buy BTW.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#47]
I was at a Wal-Mart and they had pants and shirts with a cheap imitation of a pixel-type cammo pattern that looks like the MARPAT cammo. Came in all kinds of colors like green, blue, red, yellow.  Pretty cheesy.
No EGA in the pattern of course.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#48]
I would like to add a comment about a non-Marine wearing an EGA. I would say if the EGA was in form of the standard Marine Corps issued black or brass plated pin, like the one Marines are handed when they earned the title in boot camp, then that is one thing, but wearing a picture or a print of an EGA is no big deal. It would be like if you wore a shirt with a print of your local police force's badge. That would be acceptable, but if you wore the actual badge, then that would be criminal and offending to real police officers.
Think of how many men, women and children wear shirts or baseball caps or stickers on their automobiles that bear the Marine Corps name along with the EGA picture on it because they are relatives of a Marine or they just plain like the Marine Corps.
If the Marine Corps really didn't want non-Marines to wear anything that had an EGA on it, they wouldn't of allowed the MARPAT to be worn by or sold to anyone exept Marines.
I would also like to add that new recruits in Marine Corps boot camp are now issued the new MARPAT cammies along with sweat shirts and pants with the EGA printed in it. These new recruits have not yet earned the title, yet they wear the emblem.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]

Link Posted: 4/2/2003 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I would like to add a comment about a non-Marine wearing an EGA. I would say if the EGA was in form of the standard Marine Corps issued black or brass plated pin, like the one Marines are handed when they earned the title in boot camp, then that is one thing, but wearing a picture or a print of an EGA is no big deal. It would be like if you wore a shirt with a print of your local police force's badge. That would be acceptable, but if you wore the actual badge, then that would be criminal and offending to real police officers.
Think of how many men, women and children wear shirts or baseball caps or stickers on their automobiles that bear the Marine Corps name along with the EGA picture on it because they are relatives of a Marine or they just plain like the Marine Corps.
If the Marine Corps really didn't want non-Marines to wear anything that had an EGA on it, they wouldn't of allowed the MARPAT to be worn by or sold to anyone exept Marines.
I would also like to add that new recruits in Marine Corps boot camp are now issued the new MARPAT cammies along with sweat shirts and pants with the EGA printed in it. These new recruits have not yet earned the title, yet they wear the emblem.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]

View Quote

I couldn't agree more. Wearing a pin or insignia is one thing. Wearing clothes with microscopic EGA doesn't mean shit.

As for MarineGrunt, aren't you the one who was crying a few months ago cause you wanted out of the Corps and into the Air Force Reserves?

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Oh man, Marine_Grunt, I believe you just got [b]PZZOWNED[/b] by my Air Force roomie![LOLabove]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=9913[/img]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top