Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2015 9:49:55 PM EDT
Called today on a rifle they had listed in stock. The rifle pictured had iron sights. To confirm that the rifle in question actually had rifle sights on it I called them and spoke to a rep.

He could not tell me if the rifle actually came with rifle sights or not. I asked him to find out and call me back. He told me he would rather have me order it, ship it to my local FFL, me find out if it came with iron sights and if it did not, ship it back to them. WTF?

These clowns wanted me to pay for a rifle I might not want, and spend the time inspecting it and then have my local FFL send it back to them.

I can not believe this is how a company does business.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not calling you a liar, but that sounds absolutely bizarre, & I can't imagine anybody who wishes to stay in business would say something like that. In my experience, they have always been very helpful and reasonably priced. Again, I'm not calling you out, but it just sounds incredible.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
You do realize they drop ship guns right? How would he know what the rifle has when he is in a call center?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Kinda hard for HIM to inspect a gun that is still at the mfg.

It's not like he can walk over and take a look at a gun on display, what do you expect from a "shop" that is only making $20.00 or less on a ~$600.00 gun
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#4]
*Please Note!! Many of our pictures are stock photos provided to us by the manufacturer and do not necessarily represent the actual item being purchased. Please verify this picture accurately reflects the product described by the title and description on this page before you place your order.
View Quote

Did the description of the rifle say that it had sights?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Some times they do have the gun in stock and go get it to answer questions. They have for me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#6]
huh, you mean super low prices don't come with super great customer service?

They are good at what they do, cheap guns shipped.  Need something special done or have a problem, you will have to work for it a little more
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe you.  I live near Bud's and go in there fairly often.  Their customer service is terrible.  I can think of at least three times they've been absolute dicks to me as I'm trying to hand them money.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:03:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link to said rifle? Buds is good people.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:03:18 PM EDT
[#9]
To be fair, he has only access to the same shitty vague mfg info and stock photos you have.

I had this run around with them when they had stock photo of a 70 series Colt, but the stock number was of an 80 series.

The dude eventually told me what has already been mentioned in this thread, they are not responsible for the shitty descriptions the mfg often gives them. They did take down the s70 photo, tho.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:09:00 PM EDT
[#10]
It's a cute rate internet gun shop.  How much customer service do you expect?

Look up the model number and call the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:13:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Lots of transactions with Buds. No problems or complaints at all.

Not saying you didn't have trouble OP but it seems like some of the information is missing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:16:49 PM EDT
[#12]
OP, if you want to research a particular gun, you go to the manufacturer's website, not an internet vendor.
It says right on many pictures on Bud's and elsewhere that the photos may not represent the actual firearm.

It is your money.  Do the research yourself.  Don't blame others because you didn't.  It is not their responsibility.  It is yours.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I live a couple hours away from their retail store in Lexington.  I stop in there fairly often.  The store is a zoo.  There are always dozens of people in there and it's really not all that big (the showroom that is).  Customer service is a crap shoot but the folks that man the counters are not the same folks on the phones.  Frankly, I'm not sure why I stop in there as much as I do.  There are other gun shops that I frequent with similar or better pricing and they actually act like they want to see me.  Try another retailer.  There are literally tons of complaints about Buds on the internet.  Find somebody that treats you well even if it costs you an extra buck or two.

Neil
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:40:49 PM EDT
[#14]
But but but they are the cheapest.

People who give a shit and know what they are talking about are free right ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To be fair, he has only access to the same shitty vague mfg info and stock photos you have.

I had this run around with them when they had stock photo of a 70 series Colt, but the stock number was of an 80 series.

The dude eventually told me what has already been mentioned in this thread, they are not responsible for the shitty descriptions the mfg often gives them. They did take down the s70 photo, tho.
View Quote

Yea, I bought 7 firearms from them.  Service and shipping times have ranged from excellent to terrible but the prices have always been unbeatable.  Pull the model number and check the manufacturers website and confirm its the gun you want and what options it comes with.  I have found several pictures up on pistols that are no where near correct.  

They have been called on several and have never fixed them.  If you want a cheap price, buy from the Botach of the gun world, if you want customer service if something goes bad, look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You do realize they drop ship guns right? How would he know what the rifle has when he is in a call center?
View Quote

This right here... the guy you are talking to has never seen this gun... in fact he has probably never seen any gun.  He is in a 2x2 cube looking at the same exact website you are looking at.  

You asked a really hard question here... does this gun come with a sight?  

Since the operator has never seen a gun he has no idea what a sight is.....

Welcome to the new "Service America"
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:02:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I've bought from and liked Buds until Colorado became Commierado.  They won't pull the 30 round standard magazines out of their shipments so no ARs from them anymore.  I do order other guns from them with good service.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:11:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've bought from and liked Buds until Colorado became Commierado.  They won't pull the 30 round standard magazines out of their shipments so no ARs from them anymore.  I do order other guns from them with good service.
View Quote

That is just sad when the Made in Colorado magazine cannot be sold to a resident of Colorado... on the flip side I guess they do all smoke dope now so 20 rounds is safer.....
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:14:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Davidsons is the same way.

All EBRs can't be sold to CO zip codes as if there's some kind of ban on the GUNS

That law is vague, I thought that the FFL can take delivery of a 30 round mag that comes with a gun, they just can't hand it over to you (interpret the last part as you see fit).
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Savage Rifle pictured with rifle sights

This what they claim to have in stock. Thought I would call to confirm because this is what is below the picture:

"Please Note!! Many of our pictures are stock photos provided to us by the manufacturer and do not necessarily represent the actual item being purchased. Please verify this picture accurately reflects the product described by the title and description on this page before you place your order."

I called to verify and they would not or could not verify. Damned if I am going to order it and ship it back to find out.

For anyone who doubts me, I don't know what to tell you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:24:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
OP, if you want to research a particular gun, you go to the manufacturer's website, not an internet vendor.
It says right on many pictures on Bud's and elsewhere that the photos may not represent the actual firearm.

It is your money.  Do the research yourself.  Don't blame others because you didn't.  It is not their responsibility.  It is yours.
View Quote

If they are selling something in stock from their store, they should be able to answer a simple question on it. It IS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY to know what they are selling or at least make an effort to find out about it for a customer. That is basic customer service. I worked for a catalog retailer with a website. I personally researched for a customer with questions about our products. If I couldn't answer it, I found someone who could. That was years ago, but that is business 101.

Would you buy anything from anyone that could not answer a simple question about it?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:30:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If they are selling something in stock from their store, they should be able to answer a simple question on it. It IS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY to know what they are selling or at least make an effort to find out about it for a customer. That is basic customer service. I worked for a catalog retailer with a website. I personally researched for a customer with questions about our products. If I couldn't answer it, I found someone who could. That was years ago, but that is business 101.

Would you buy anything from anyone that could not answer a simple question about it?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But they r the cheapz

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:10:53 AM EDT
[#23]
"*Please Note!! Many of our pictures are stock photos provided to us by the manufacturer and do not necessarily represent the actual item being purchased. Please verify this picture accurately reflects the product described by the title and description on this page before you place your order."

In other words, look at the model # of the item in the description. Use that model # and verify what the manufacturers website shows.

In the case of this Savage model #17400, I believe it is discontinued as it is nowhere to be found on their site. Googling "savage arms model #17400" produced a couple forums with people asking about iron sights. One of the replies was this: "Note: that particular Savage (mfg #17400) no longer comes with iron sights, so you need to confirm with the seller. Older productions runs do come with irons.". That information was dated 6.5 years ago.

Anyway, except for this rare case, I've always used the model #'s from Bud's verified with the manufacturers website info with 100% success.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
"*Please Note!! Many of our pictures are stock photos provided to us by the manufacturer and do not necessarily represent the actual item being purchased. Please verify this picture accurately reflects the product described by the title and description on this page before you place your order."

In other words, look at the model # of the item in the description. Use that model # and verify what the manufacturers website shows.

In the case of this Savage model #17400, I believe it is discontinued as it is nowhere to be found on their site. Googling "savage arms model #17400" produced a couple forums with people asking about iron sights. One of the replies was this: "Note: that particular Savage (mfg #17400) no longer comes with iron sights, so you need to confirm with the seller. Older productions runs do come with irons.". That information was dated 6.5 years ago.

Anyway, except for this rare case, I've always used the model #'s from Bud's verified with the manufacturers website info with 100% success.
View Quote

I checked online with no luck. Hence my call to them to confirm.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:58:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That law is vague, I thought that the FFL can take delivery of a 30 round mag that comes with a gun, they just can't hand it over to you (interpret the last part as you see fit).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's really not vague at all, in this respect at least:

18-12-302. Large-capacity magazines prohibited - penalties -
exceptions. (1) (a) EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN THIS SECTION, ON
AND AFTER JULY 1, 2013, A PERSON WHO SELLS, TRANSFERS, OR POSSESSES
A LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINE COMMITS A CLASS 2 MISDEMEANOR.

(3) THE OFFENSE DESCRIBED IN SUBSECTION (1) OF THIS SECTION
SHALL NOT APPLY TO:
<...>
(III) A FIREARMS RETAILER FOR THE PURPOSE OF FIREARMS SALES
CONDUCTED OUTSIDE THE STATE;

So a "firearms retailer" - arguably not even an FFL - can possess the magazine(s) "for the purpose of firearms sales conducted outside the state".  Distributors shouldn't concern themselves with the retailer's business at that point.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#26]
I've never had any problem with Buds.  Like others have said, you get what you pay for.  I always cross reference the item number with the manufacturers website before ordering.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top