Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/4/2015 11:01:22 PM EDT
My wife and I bought a 2014 Sienna XLE a few months back.

You can open and close the sliding doors and rear door with the key fob.

Fold down the 3rd row and remove the 2nd row and you can fit a metric fuck ton of stuff inside.

Great kid hauler if you have kids.  We have a 3-across car seat install in the 2nd row right now.

The AC blasts freezing cold and the fans blow like a fucking hurricane.  Separate zones for driver, passenger, and everyone in the back.

You can park this thing on a dime; the turning circle is tight.

Comfortable seats.  Good ride quality.  Heated seats work well.

3.5L V6, 266hp…in a minivan.  Surprisingly peppy engine, decent fuel economy.  

And the best part?  The "Distance to Empty" is generous by about 5+/- gallons so when my wife runs it down to "Distance to empty: 0 miles" she still has another 100+ miles before I really have to worry.  20.9-gallon tank and if it gets to "0 miles remaining" you usually only put about 16 gallons in.  You can go a pretty good distance in this thing if you really want.

The only real negative so far is the bluetooth setup.  Major PITA.

Flame suit on.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#1]
We have a minivan it's like the chariot of comfort when we go on road trips.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#2]
We have the 2015 Sienna LE.  I like it too.  Lots of room.  Easy to drive.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:04:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Is there a good place for you to store your purse?

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:07:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, my ultra-manly Maxpedition diaper bag can fit almost anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:10:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds big enough that you can store a extra pair of panties in there for yourself.

Good job.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:11:04 PM EDT
[#7]

I call it my "sportscar". I have an F250, but often pick the 12 y/o van to drive. I can load my MT Bike inside - + a couple of buddies and their MT bikes.

It gets decent mileage.

It is low entry (easy for my very old dog)

It starts every day. For years, I've said I'll leave it on the side of the road when it dies. It won't die. Gas. Brakes. Tires. Oil. That's it.

Real men don't need to prove their manhood with their car/truck.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:14:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Not a minivan type guy but if Toyota ever brought this to market I'd be interested:

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:17:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I went to look at the 2011 Pilot, after loving my inlaws' first gen model.
HATED it.

Compared with their early model, it rode loud, harsh, and had hard plastic EVERYWHERE.

I was about to walk off the lot when the wife pointed at the Odyssey EXL, which she had looked at earlier.
I got in thinking Oh HELL no...., but within 5 min was "I could own this".....

Sits low, no climbing in/out, rides smooth as a car, quiet, but pretty fast compared to the myriad minivans I drove on the road as rentals.
Tight turning radius, plush, and you can literally fit a refrigerator in the back.

I've only had to take the first row seats out ONCE to haul something, and the only item it wouldn't handle so far is the King size headboards on our bedroom suite, (it took the dresser).

Huge tank, have gotten 28 MPG on road trips.

I'm officially old, but I like it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#10]
There are two reasons we have a Tahoe rather than a minivan (1) it's better for my wife's self image and (2) I can tell myself "maybe I'll buy a boat".  I guess we actually use some off-road capability a few times a year as well.  An AWD Sienna would get around just as well in the snow though.  EVERYTHING else goes in favor of the minivan.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:19:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not a mini van person, but I do love to drive a full size van. I used to drive a ford 15 passenger e350 for work and I loved the visibility and the size and being able to pull a trailer like a full size truck can.

I eventually want to own a camper style one and do road trips all over the USA
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:20:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did I mention the center console could fit a baby elephant?

Then there's the cold box for keeping drinks cold, 17, count 'em, 17 cupholders, AC outlet, ........
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I always hated the thought of a minivan, but I admit I like the one we bought recently. You know what I like most? Sliding doors. I lived in terror of the kids dinging cars next to us for years.

I still like our Expedition better, though, for sheer space and comfort.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:24:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Love the wifes Odyssey. I call it the urban battle wagon
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:24:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I went to look at the 2011 Pilot, after loving my inlaws' first gen model.
HATED it.

Compared with their early model, it rode loud, harsh, and had hard plastic EVERYWHERE.

I was about to walk off the lot when the wife pointed at the Odyssey EXL, which she had looked at earlier.
I got in thinking Oh HELL no...., but within 5 min was "I could own this".....

Sits low, no climbing in/out, rides smooth as a car, quiet, but pretty fast compared to the myriad minivans I drove on the road as rentals.
Tight turning radius, plush, and you can literally fit a refrigerator in the back.

I've only had to take the first row seats out ONCE to haul something, and the only item it wouldn't handle so far is the King size headboards on our bedroom suite, (it took the dresser).

Huge tank, have gotten 28 MPG on road trips.

I'm officially old, but I like it.
View Quote

We are on our third, although I think I may have pulled the trigger early, as we still have the 2nd and it was not as near death as I had thought (transmission issues with the 2004 model year, it has been replaced once and the new one hit 100k last year).

Third Honda Odyssey, that is.  The first died in an accident.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:26:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Fold down the 3rd row and remove the 2nd row and you can fit a metric fuck ton of stuff inside.

Great kid hauler if you have kids.  We have a 3-across car seat install in the 2nd row right now.

The AC blasts freezing cold and the fans blow like a fucking hurricane.  Separate zones for driver, passenger, and everyone in the back.

And the best part?  The "Distance to Empty" is generous by about 5+/- gallons so when my wife runs it down to "Distance to empty: 0 miles" she still has another 100+ miles before I really have to worry.  20.9-gallon tank and if it gets to "0 miles remaining" you usually only put about 16 gallons in.  You can go a pretty good distance in this thing if you really want.

Flame suit on.
View Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:26:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:26:44 PM EDT
[#18]
My Dodge minivan was one of the most practical, comfortable vehicles I have ever owned. Good road view, easy to drive, tons of room for piling crap in it. Range trip anyone?

Hated to let it go but it had 200,00 +, needed a $700 AC evaporator, and was generally beat.

I traded it to a broke painter with no wheels in exchange for painting the entire interior of my house.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#19]
OP, my advice is take two Midol and call your OB/GYN in the morning.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Having just completed a cross-country road trip with my wife and 2yo daughter, riding in a mini van made it not that bad.

My wife's Honda Odyssey is like a sofa on wheels...  
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:33:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Add all wheel drive and a hardened interior and in interested
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:36:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Only things I'd really like for this particular van: front and rear parking sensors, and the larger LCD screen for the backup camera.  The smaller screen like we have is OK but the larger one would be better.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:36:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Add all wheel drive and a hardened interior and in interested
View Quote

Actually, the Sienna is the only minivan to offer an AWD variant.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:40:03 PM EDT
[#24]
my dad has a '13 Sienna, its a great minivan.

went to San Antonio Sea World in June, from Houston, about 3 hour drive going 85mph most of the way there and back. handles really well. comfy ride.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:44:54 PM EDT
[#25]
LoL
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:47:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
LoL
View Quote

Don't hate. Embrace the minivan.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:54:40 PM EDT
[#27]
OP, I rented a car from Hertz a year or two ago. I put a reservation in for a sedan, but apparently they had none, and they gave me a minivan. I think it was one of my favorite vehicles I have ever driven.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:57:56 PM EDT
[#28]
We just got rid of ours a few days ago.  

He wanted something that could tow the trailer.  I MISS those sliding doors!
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:58:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Flame suit on.
View Quote

My wife has the exact same rig and I agree with all your points.

Fucking Bluetooth sucks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:00:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I always hated the thought of a minivan, but I admit I like the one we bought recently. You know what I like most? Sliding doors. I lived in terror of the kids dinging cars next to us for years.

I still like our Expedition better, though, for sheer space and comfort.
View Quote

Man, I love the remotely activated sliding doors.

Set whatever you are carrying straight down in the vehicle without having to touch it, or set it on the ground, first.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:00:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Love the wifes Odyssey. I call it the urban battle wagon
View Quote

Sports car with seating for 8........

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:01:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Right now I drive An 00  4 runner and the wife has a 98 Subaru. I'd love to sell them both and put it towards a newer Toyota minivan. Those things are sweet.

To have a vehicle I could either fit kids or 8 foot sheets of ply and Sheetrock into would be awesome.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:02:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Just sayin'...

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:04:02 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm on my 3rd Town & country ...Minivan has always made the most sense for hauling my kids...Great vehicles..they do everything I could want except tow
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:04:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Almost traded in our camry and bought an awd v6 sienna. The ex split so I got rid of the camry snd my truck and got a 4 door 4x4 v6 tacoma
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:05:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Just sayin'...

https://youtu.be/J2tt1cg1h_I
View Quote

Callout thread?

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:06:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm on my 3rd Town & country ...Minivan has always made the most sense for hauling my kids...Great vehicles..they do everything I could want except tow
View Quote

That's what we had and why we don't have it anymore.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:08:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Ha.....gay. My kid hauler has four doors, a seven inch lift and 35's and does 99% of what you mentioned in fp.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:11:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Hated the idea of a minivan virtually all my life.

Got one last month & love it.

Right now me & two of the kids are at a drive in watching the Minion movie.

It's super comfortable.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:13:37 AM EDT
[#40]
The wife has the town and country 30th anniversary with every bell and whistle it is our second t&c no complaints yet. Lifetime warranty for the win. Nobody else offered it. We put lots of miles on our vehicles.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:15:47 AM EDT
[#41]
I am trying to convince my wife to switch from a highlander to a minivan.  She is fighting me tooth and nail. She says that they are ugly.  I think ey look just like most mid size SUVs, just with sliding doors.  She seems to picture the old Astro looking vans in her mind. I think if she ever drove one for a couple of days, she would fall in love with it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:16:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Was against the idea, but the Caravan we bought has been decent.
All seats behind the driver/passenger fold into the floor.

Instant covered pickup truck. Holds a boat load of crap. Pretty sure 8'.

Crappy in town mileage, but good highway.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:20:14 AM EDT
[#43]
fit a couple of MX bikes in there too.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:23:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Have the same van and it's a peppy little sucker. Smoked a Honda Civic who was revving at me. Lol.

There's a simple way to do the set up. There's a YouTube video on how to do it. Teen daughter set it up and plays it all the time.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:25:10 AM EDT
[#45]
When my girls were little I loved the minivan.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:38:03 AM EDT
[#46]
AWD Sienna, snow tires on it goes anywhere. Just got back from touring Cali with 6 Koreans, 7 of us were comfy A/C blasted thru 105 degree desert heat and garlic.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:40:00 AM EDT
[#47]
At least you're not overcompensating and getting a truckasaurus most people will never need or use.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:09:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Yap.  If you have a family and don't have a van, you don't know what you are missing.  For years, I have resisted getting one.  Now that I have one, I can't imagine life without it.  So spacious, comfortable, easy in/out, perfect height, great turning radius, good mileage for an V6, and double as a hauler when the rear seats are removed.  And no, don't go my friend's route and buy a full size SUV.  They are based on truck frame, too darn high, has less interior room and the rear seats do not folding enough or can be removed.  Not nearly as useful as a dedicated family van.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 4:02:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Heated seats work well.
View Quote

You bought a new van.  Check.

You bought this van in the summer time.  Check.

You live in North Carolina.  Check.

You have verified that your heated seats work well in North Carolina in the summer time.  Check.

Duly noted.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 4:41:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top