Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/30/2015 9:30:08 AM EDT
My sister's 2013 TDI Passat's A/C went out so she took it to the dealership to get it fixed.

Took them a week to get the parts in and they finally fixed it. I went to go pick it up because she's in clinicals for nurse practitioner.

I went to the dealership and found her car in the used car parking lot. No license plates, no school books or shool work, no floor mats, car seat was gone, insurance paper was gone, their bibles were gone, and her hospital and school parking tags were gone.

I ripped some assholes. The idiot that stripped it clean came out and apologized saying he thought it was a trade in...

Nobody would go get the manager. The only thing they found was the license plates and the car seat...they said they aren't supposed to empty the trash from car contents...however, they have no clue where everything else is at.

I ripped the service departments ass also. Having just bought a Mada CX5 from them, I told them I regret buying from them (I'll never take it there for maintenance...too far). They pretty much looked like hell froze over.

My sister and BIL is pissed. I guess my BIL is going to go up there today and attempt to rip some assholes.

Hope they get their $1300 and then some back.

I really don't understand why she keeps buying a VW. I guess the "German engineering" speaks quality to her. However, she bought a new 2010 Jetta TDI in 2010, only to have the engine lock up due to metal shavings in the engine after owning it for a year, forcing her to buy a new car. So she bought a 2011 gasser Jetta. Drove it for 2 years and didn't like the gas mileage. Now she has this 2013 TDI Passat, whose A/C went out after owning it for 2 years with only about 50k miles.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:33:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow.  I hope the dealership makes it right.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#2]
wow as a dealer how do you fuck that up?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#3]
They were going to sell a vehicle without having the title?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm at a loss of how a dealership could make that mistake.

They wouldn't even have the title, how could they sell it?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Refer back to the thread here about the guy whose Subaru was wrecked while in for something.  I believe he got a new car.  The pressure that was applied to them was the tipping point IIRC.  I would follow the path that that thread described.  (For clarity, I'm not saying she will get a new car, but you could force the dealership to do the right thing)
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow, that's messed up.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:39:53 AM EDT
[#7]

The dealership should be told to replace or compensate her for the theft of her property.

They better replace everything she says was there, or she should file a criminal complaint, STAT.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm at a loss of how a dealership could make that mistake.

They wouldn't even have the title, how could they sell it?

View Quote

I imagine they would have realized they fucked up when someone actually started the buying process and they found they didn't have it.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I imagine the person that stripped it just drove it out to the used car lot and parked it there, assuming that someone would come along with the price tag and paperwork that they tape in the window. Did it have a price tag on it?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:41:54 AM EDT
[#10]
WRITE the company a Letter (not a call or e-mail)

Clearly explain the issue

I did this with Chrysler  years ago and got Free AC and the Sales mgr got fired.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

This?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This?

I'm sure the dude making min wage that cleans cars out and parks them didn't know any better.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Adds new meaning to the term stealership
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I imagine the person that stripped it just drove it out to the used car lot and parked it there, assuming that someone would come along with the price tag and paperwork that they tape in the window. Did it have a price tag on it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

None of their used cars have price tags on them.

The service department has their own parking lot for service and maintenance on customers vehicles.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#15]
A dealer can sell a car without a title, ask me how I know.  Took 3 years for the bank to get the title from the dealer, the dealer was arrested.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Over the years I have seen certain Houston car dealerships pull some shit.
Some places are laid back and if you buy you buy.
Other places are oily as hell.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:48:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm sure the dude making min wage that cleans cars out and parks them didn't know any better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This?

What I was thinking.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Wow.!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:48:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I worked for a dealership. The guys who work there are stoners and have a life ambition of being a used car lot/ cleanup jockey. Intelligence is a scarce commodity...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Adds new meaning to the term stealership
View Quote

This.  And VW is the suck.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Wow.  An actual STEALERship.

I hope you have good pics of the car in the used lot, along with copies of all the paperwork.

If they can't produce the parking passes & school books by end of business today - post all of the info.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#22]
I wonder if anyone test drove it?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:51:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Call corporate, write a letter, something. Have they contacted the GM for the dealership? If he's unresponsive then you can always contact the ownership group that owns the dealership.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, it sounds like a lack of communication or miscommunication within their organization.  It doesn't sound like some malicious attempt to steal the vehicle.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:53:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The service department has their own parking lot for service and maintenance on customers vehicles.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then I'd guess it was a mistake on the service tech's part due to poor communication or user headspace error. Shit happens. The rest of the stuff may have been thrown out by now. The dealership needs to make it right, but it's pretty easy to spot the error in the process.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:55:18 AM EDT
[#27]
My daughter has a 2012 Jetta Wagon TDI...TOTAL PIECE OF SHIT, she had issues with it since day one...she's got 110K on it know and has receipts totaling $13,000+ in non warranty repairs, she rolled a good chunk of negative equity into the car so she is stuck for a while longer...dad might have to bail her out pretty soon...turbo just went out AGAIN...third turbo...$3500-4000 a pop...first one under warranty
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

My daughter has a 2012 Jetta Wagon TDI...TOTAL PIECE OF SHIT, she had issues with it since day one...she's got 110K on it know and has receipts totaling $13,000+ in non warranty repairs, she rolled a good chunk of negative equity into the car so she is stuck for a while longer...dad might have to bail her out pretty soon...turbo just went out AGAIN...third turbo...$3500-4000 a pop...first one under warranty
View Quote

Probably would be cheaper to sell it now, take the loss, and get something of better quality.

I'm starting to think GM makes a better product than VW.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

My sister's 2013 TDI Passat's A/C went out so she took it to the dealership to get it fixed.

Took them a week to get the parts in and they finally fixed it. I went to go pick it up because she's in clinicals for nurse practitioner.
I went to the dealership and found her car in the used car parking lot. No license plates, no school books or shool work, no floor mats, car seat was gone, insurance paper was gone, their bibles were gone, and her hospital and school parking tags were gone.
I ripped some assholes. The idiot that stripped it clean came out and apologized saying he thought it was a trade in...

Nobody would go get the manager. The only thing they found was the license plates and the car seat...they said they aren't supposed to empty the trash from car contents...however, they have no clue where everything else is at.
I ripped the service departments ass also. Having just bought a Mada CX5 from them, I told them I regret buying from them (I'll never take it there for maintenance...too far). They pretty much looked like hell froze over.
My sister and BIL is pissed. I guess my BIL is going to go up there today and attempt to rip some assholes.
I really don't understand why she keeps buying a VW. I guess the "German engineering" speaks quality to her. However, she bought a new 2010 Jetta TDI in 2010, only to have the engine lock up due to metal shavings in the engine after owning it for a year, forcing her to buy a new car. So she bought a 2011 gasser Jetta. Drove it for 2 years and didn't like the gas mileage. Now she has this 2013 TDI Passat, whose A/C went out after owning it for 2 years with only about 50k miles.

View Quote

Whole lot of wtf in there...part in red even more so. How did that force her to buy a new car? They're warrantied for more than a year...

ETA: And I hope they slam the dealership...that's just nuts to basically steal the car...

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Whole lot of wtf in there...part in red even more so. How did that force her to buy a new car? They're warrantied for more than a year...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who wants a new car that needs a completely new engine. Probably gonna suck when it comes time for a trade-in

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The dealership should be told to replace or compensate her for the theft of her property.

They better replace everything she says was there, or she should file a criminal complaint, STAT.
View Quote

I would imagine they have posted policy, and it's probably on the maintenance agreement/contract that you sign before having work done that they are not responsible for personal property left in your vehicle.  At least it works that way at every dealership I've ever been to.

ETA:  Not excusing their fuck up, just saying it may be an uphill battle to get compensated for losing her stuff.  Unless the dealer is a stand-up organization, but show me a car dealer that is...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#33]
I missed the part in the OP where the dealership ever actually tried to sell the car.

Obviously, they fucked up.  The vehicle was sitting waiting for parts and the most logical explanation was that a lot monkey thought (or was accidentally told) it was a trade in and cleaned it out.

The dealership needs to try and make up for their mistake.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#34]
guyfromfirefly.gif
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Lawyer up.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:01:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Just imagine the eipcness that would have ensued if they actually sold it and had to try to get it back.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#37]
That happened to my moms car when I was a kid. She dropped it off for service, they did the oil change and parked it out front in the service lot.

Guy looking to buy a car sees it and wants to buy it. Sales dipshit spends who knows how long selling the guy on the car, gets to the test drive part and they can't find the keys, sales guy finds them in the service dept and takes it for a test drive. My mom gets a call asking if she'd like to sell her 6month old car because they already have a buyer. She takes the loaner car done there and they basically admit they fucked up, tried to sell her car, test drove it, .....

She ended up with a full 3-4yr service package(oil changes, full bumper-bumper warranty) and wrecked the car a month later.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#38]
DT

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I missed the part in the OP where the dealership ever actually tried to sell the car.

Obviously, they fucked up.  The vehicle was sitting waiting for parts and the most logical explanation was that a lot monkey thought (or was accidentally told) it was a trade in and cleaned it out.

View Quote
It was stripped clean and in the used car parking lot. If that doesn't scream "intent to sell" to a customer, then I don't know what is..

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:03:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I would imagine they have posted policy, and it's probably on the maintenance agreement/contract that you sign before having work done that they are not responsible for personal property left in your vehicle.  At least it works that way at every dealership I've ever been to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would imagine they're trying to indemnify themselves against theft by persons other than dealership employees.  That disclaimer does not give the dealership or their employees the right to take your posessions as they see fit.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I would imagine they're trying to indemnify themselves against theft by persons other than dealership employees.  That disclaimer does not give the dealership or their employees the right to take your posessions as they see fit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't implying that.  I'm just saying it may be an uphill battle trying to get compensated unless they're a stand up outfit.  But, show me a car dealer that is.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:05:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Who wants a new car that needs a completely new engine. Probably gonna suck when it comes time for a trade-in

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you really think that a trade in dealer is going to give a shit about an engine that was repaired under warranty?

When you sell the car, you don't have to put in "NEW ENGINE" or any of that type of shit.  This isn't some hooptie with 180k miles on it needing a new engine, it's a brand new car under warranty getting a replacement engine.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:07:06 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
ETA:  Not excusing their fuck up, just saying it may be an uphill battle to get compensated for losing her stuff.  Unless the dealer is a stand-up organization, but show me a car dealer that is...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not responsible for property taken by 3rd parties due to theft sure, but property taken because of the malfeasance of your employees?
You bet your ass a court would make them bend over.  That type of case is one the defense attorneys want to settle quick because the punitive damages make the public go

Here's an example of a similar case in AL.  Woman takes ring to the store for a cleaning.  Got a gem report showing what the diamond specs and value when she dropped it off.  Picked it up and thought it had a different diamond.  Took it to a gem expert who did another gem report and certified that the diamond cut was decadeS newer than the cut of the diamond in the other report.  Her attorney only asked the jury for what they thought was fair.  Jury returned a verdict of $30,000+.  

Verdict hit the news right before the christmas season that year.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:07:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It was stripped clean and in the used car parking lot. If that doesn't scream "intent to sell" to a customer, then I don't know what it..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was stripped clean and in the used car parking lot. If that doesn't scream "intent to sell" to a customer, then I don't know what it..

You're right.  You don't know what is.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Do you really think that a trade in dealer is going to give a shit about an engine that was repaired under warranty?
When you sell the car, you don't have to put in "NEW ENGINE" or any of that type of shit. This isn't some hooptie with 180k miles on it needing a new engine, it's a brand new car under warranty getting a replacement engine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When you sell the car, you don't have to put in "NEW ENGINE" or any of that type of shit. This isn't some hooptie with 180k miles on it needing a new engine, it's a brand new car under warranty getting a replacement engine.
Sure it is. It was new VW with a fucked up engine. And it's a VW

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
wow as a dealer how do you fuck that up?
View Quote

I with you - how does that even come about?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How's your car sales this year?

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#48]
I had a Jetta TDI. I had it for one month and the damn thing left me stranded on I95. I had a car load of stuff and my dog with me. I called the dealership told them what happened and that my dog was with me and they sent a flatbed out... that wouldn't allow my dog in the truck. I had to leave me car running (summer in Florida) on the flatbed with the A/C blasting for him.

I got to the dealership and they gave me a loaner PT Cruiser (which I hate) and it took them over a month to fix my car. The transmission was trashed. We had other things go wrong with it as well. I will not buy another VW.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#49]
I've got a '13 Jetta. Almost 30k on it and no problems so far. Granted my warranty just expired so shit may hit the fan, but overall I really like the car. 25mpg combined isn't bad and about 30mpg cruising on the highway.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This?

The dude making minimum wage that cleans cars and parks them did this all on his own without a manager pointing at it and saying "yea verily, go forth and prep that car for sale"?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top