Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2001 10:17:15 PM EDT
I'm going back to CA and cant bring my AR with me... where is there a reliable FFL, etc to store it out of state, for little or no cost? I heard Gunsite offered some kind of storage services??
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 10:19:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Shovel, meet dirt.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 10:19:40 PM EDT
[#2]
BTW... no, this isnt a joke.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 10:36:52 PM EDT
[#3]
what state is your AR is in I might be able to help. don't you have family to leave it with
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#4]
It is well within your rights enumerated in the 2nd Amendment to own what you want, where you want.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#5]
how about putting the receiver in a bank safe deposit box?  just take the other 'parts' back with you.

to get more value from the box, you could actually use it for documents and other valuables, too.   :)
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
It is well within your rights enumerated in the 2nd Amendment to own what you want, where you want.
View Quote

I agree 100%..after all, who is going to know anyways?  It would only be found if you allow the cops into your house.  Just my .02 cents as I think some things are worth standing up for.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 12:03:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
how about putting the receiver in a bank safe deposit box?  just take the other 'parts' back with you.

to get more value from the box, you could actually use it for documents and other valuables, too.   :)
View Quote

Great inexpensive and safe option.

I like it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 4:49:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm going back to CA and cant bring my AR with me... where is there a reliable FFL, etc to store it out of state, for little or no cost? I heard Gunsite offered some kind of storage services??
View Quote

From where, how long ya been gone, didja buy the gun in California or elsewhere, are you staying in California for long, do ya own property here, etc., etc.  We need details.  Maybe there's a way out of this....
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 5:09:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I am not an ffl, or a commercial storage facility, HOWEVER I would be willing to hold you rifle for free.  Well, almost free.  Give me the ok to put a couple hundred rounds through it per month and you don't have to pay me a penny!

Well, whatdya say?
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 5:16:02 AM EDT
[#10]
DISOBEY dumb laws!
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 5:33:36 AM EDT
[#11]
You did not say what brand AR it is, but if I put it in the safe next to my Colt there may be offsring!!![:D]
The only charges I would make would be shipping etc. No other charge but the occasional wiping down, fondling etc.
Let me know what you need to do.
Lynn [sniper]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 5:49:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Front Sight training center in NV stores any type of rifle. Not sure if they charge anything at all......
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 5:53:32 AM EDT
[#13]
The safe deposit box is an excelent idea.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:30:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm originally from CA and bought the Rifle there in 99. I'm currently in WI, I dont own land here, I'm staying with in-laws. I havent asked them yet about storing it for me, because they made it very clear that they dont want firearms in thier house (they dont know about it)... so that really isnt an open option. On top of that... I am driving back to CA and I'll need to keep it with me for protection, all up until NV.

Does Gunsite have a website somewhere, a phone #? Since I'm going into NV... maybe they are not far from Vegas?
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 7:33:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm originally from CA and bought the Rifle there in 99.
View Quote

Then you can probably register it late and suffer an infraction.  Call the AG and ask (don't forget to be very vague with your information).  While his opinion is not bulletproof, if he says "NO" then you probably can't.

I am driving back to CA and I'll need to keep it with me for protection, all up until NV.
View Quote

Just what do you expect to run into?  The Injuns aren't raiding pilgrims anymore....

Does Gunsite have a website somewhere, a phone #? Since I'm going into NV... maybe they are not far from Vegas?
View Quote

AFAIK, those places require that you sign up for a membership for something like $500 or $1000 and that includes "free storage."
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#16]
you can leave it with me. i will not shoot it,have plenty of my own. if driving to ca from wi are you going thru denver ? i work for an ffl, so shipping back to you no prob.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 7:45:31 AM EDT
[#17]
I live in las vegas, so when you get here you can leave it with me. I really would not need to shoot it because I have quite a few already.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#18]
ill stored it for you! just send it to my house.[;)]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 7:59:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The safe deposit box is an excelent idea.
View Quote

I have to disagree with this one.  If a bank gets into finicinal(sp?) trouble and closes, the laws reguard the safe deposit box contents as the bank's property. [:|]

[url]http://www.frontsight.com/home.html[/url]

Link Posted: 4/24/2001 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Jeeper,
  Where are you located in WI? I am near the Green Bay Area, And would we willing to store it for you. How long are you looking at? Shoot me an email [email protected].

-Jared
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#21]
I think mtnpatriot meant to say that Front Sight will store your firearms "free of charge" if you take one of their paid firearms courses.  Details are at [url]http://www.frontsight.com/store_guns.htm[/url].

I can't speak for the background or financial status of Front Sight, BUT, I have taken a course from them, and feel that their training is definitely top notch.  If I had a bunch of money, I'd probably move out there and join them in their new city out there, but that's another story... for someone who does have money!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top