Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2001 7:14:56 PM EDT
I've been looking at a Bushmaster MX-15 PCWA2S-20 and a PCWA3S-20. I can get the A2 for $625.00 and the A3 for $735.00. I would like your opinions on which you would suggest. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Good prices.Depends if you want to use a scope or not .The A2 sounds like a real good deal though.Are these new?
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#2]
You can't go wrong with a Bushmaster.  Definitely the best buy for the money.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes they are knew I saw them at a show this weekend. I knew they where good prices I just didn't know if the A3 was worth the extra.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Can the detatchable carry handle be used in 'Service Rifle Competition'?

If you have any plans on using it for 'High Power' comp you might want to find this out.

I figured the '-20' in the model number referred to 20" barrel. That's the only reason I mentioned the use in competition.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Great prices, but be careful! There should only be about a $50 difference between the two models. Be sure the A2 isn't an A1.

I lke the A3 because of its vesatility.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#6]
**BE WARNED:  The A3 carry-handle on a flattop IS NOT LEGAL for Service Rifle Competition**

...at least not yet, a few elite people are trying to get them to make the A3 legal, but as of yet the CMP says "eh-eh".  If you want to enter competition with the gun, buy the A2 and just use a carry-handle mount and a scope + high rings like I do.  Sure it's farther away from the bore, but at 400-600 yards, assuming you've got that baby zeroed in correctly, it's not gonna matter.  Remember: you don't lose accuracy, you just have to account for drop differently.

Suggestion:  overall, the A2 is better, and if you're like me I think you'll fall in love with the design.  Besides, if you can shoot ironsights at 300 yards flat, plenty of practice and a scoped shot at 600 isn't going to be ANY problem with you.  Think of it as training, that's what I do  [;)]

Jewbroni~
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top