Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2001 6:20:58 AM EDT
All,

I've decided on a flat top carbine as I'd like to scope it at some point. However, I also would like iron sights.

I'm looking at the Bushmaster site, and it seems the iron sights would include the

- removeable A3 carry handle http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/9349063-9.htm

- Front flip up sight http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/yhm-9360k.htm

Is this the setup folks here would recommend? Or are there other options on iron sights I'm not aware of?

thanks in advance
Francis
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 6:37:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Go with the A.R.M.S. #40 sights (available through BM) for flat top.  Will leave enough room to attach a holo sight in front on the flat top.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 6:50:48 AM EDT
[#2]
GG&G Flip up sights. MAD (Multiple Aperture Device) or the regular A2 sights.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 7:10:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the standard carry handle on mine, works good!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#4]
*bump* back to the top
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got my set up from Donnie @ Sabelco.com- ARMS #40 and a GGG scout length rail.  Absolutely B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!!!
Does everything you could want a set up to do, and then some!
This is the set up that works for me.  If you want to scope it later, get a folding sight now, and don't pay twice for the same thing!  I thought the same thing, get a flattop w/removable handle, and buy the rest as I got the money.  It didn't take as long as I thought it would, and now I have a handle just sitting there.
No matter what you decide to go with, talk to Donnie @ Sableco.com-he has the best prices around!
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Ditto on the A.R.M.S. #40.  It's simply the best that money can buy.
[url]www.armsmounts.com[/url]

mattjedi[x]
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 6:49:38 PM EDT
[#8]
A-3 carry handle works fine for me,coars I got it mounted now,sadle no other optics for it,thikin about a 3-9x trijicon scope,but thats for the optics forum
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#9]
ARMS #40 is the best you will find IMNSHO.

ARMS quality is the best out there and they stand behind what they produce.

If you want a riser platform get the ARMS std. SWAN sleeve. It has picatinny rail with the #40 built right in.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top