Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:12:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is the G43 with the +1 extension to make it 7+1. The extension only looks a few tenths bigger than the stock base plate.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m going to buy one just because. But I think my G26 is the best of both worlds between size and capacity with the glock +2 extension.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
People REALLY want to hate this gun.

Most of them couldn't wait and purchased something inferior, so they must hate it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
damn everyone cries about 'one less round than shield'... it's really not that big a deal...
People REALLY want to hate this gun.

Most of them couldn't wait and purchased something inferior, so they must hate it.

A gun in the hand is worth 2 in development...or something like that
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I’m going to buy one just because. But I think my G26 is the best of both worlds between size and capacity with the glock +2 extension.
View Quote
I'm a true G26 believer, which is why I never bought a PPS or Shield.

I could buy a G43, but it already has a lot going against it (just as every SS9 does) IMO.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So is LARGER than the Shield?
View Quote

No.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
all that for only 10 less rounds?!
View Quote

4 less rounds.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:32:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I could buy a G43, but it already has a lot going against it (just as every SS9 does) IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear ya. What the hell I drink the kool aid! Blue label prices make it worth a try.

It will be my board shorts gun.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Glock 43 on top, Shield on the bottom.
View Quote

Is looks like the trigger reach is a bit shorter on the 43.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Shield #1
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I find it funny that some of you guys can't explain to yourselves how the 43 has less than half of the capacity of a full size double stack Glock. Like your brain can't compute.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:56:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I find it funny that some of you guys can't explain to yourselves how the 43 has less than half of the capacity of a full size double stack Glock. Like your brain can't compute.
View Quote
I'm just really disappointed that it isn't as small as their .380, (I was hoping it would be smaller).

It should have been substantially smaller than any single stack 9mm ever made, and also held more rounds.

HUGE let-down IMO.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:56:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Piss on CA ...
View Quote

Piss on the laws. I don't mind it up here.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:05:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Meh

I would of bought one over a Shield years ago.  But I bought a Shield and love it.  After the Shield, I bought a Pro and loved it.  Now the only Glock I own is a G19 and I haven't sold that because I have $500 worth of holsters and mags for it.  
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm on the wait list for two 43s. I plan to replace the PM9 as my EDC BUG to my 19/17/20.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:51:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I am less interested after watching a close comparison.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:54:00 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Who makes those?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:54:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a Shield, no point in this gun for me.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:58:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
there's already a 43 for private sale on the EE.  
View Quote

for $525 FTF.

It's hilarious to see guys trying to flip these for max profit as soon as they hit the streets. Most doing it probably don't have an FFL. I wonder how many of them doing it got the blue label pricing...

There is some entertainment in the EE, that's for sure. There's some joker selling a G42 for $600 because it had a mod done to the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:05:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm just really disappointed that it isn't as small as their .380, (I was hoping it would be smaller).  

It should have been substantially smaller than any single stack 9mm ever made, and also held more rounds.

HUGE let-down IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HUGE let-down IMO.

I would've been fine with 6+1 had it been comparable in size to the PM9 / CM9.  Why make it a 2-finger grip gun if it's not small enough to be a true pocket gun?  What's the point?

And in before the guys claiming they can pocket carry it just fine in their hammer pants.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:09:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:29:19 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Here's what my derp looks like after I derp derp derp.
View Quote

bbarrel.jpg

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:39:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Meh.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:53:40 AM EDT
[#23]
How much? I just paid the $380 for the Shield
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:52:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

damn everyone cries about 'one less round than shield'... it's really not that big a deal...
View Quote
Yeah if most gunfights are three rounds, I won't even have to top up between my next two gunfights

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:56:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yeah if most gunfights are three rounds, I won't even have to top up between my next two gunfights  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

then better load up like yeager with a 19 and two 26s...
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:56:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Here's what some Glocks look like after a while...

http://www.wingman26.com/images/shooting/glock.jpg
View Quote

M&Ps will do the same  
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:59:29 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm glad the barrel's longer than that of the Shield. Personally, I wouldn't mind if it were an inch or so longer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:09:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Who makes those?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Who makes those?

Taran Tactical...
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:11:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Really like my G43. Great feel, compact...shoots well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:13:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Who makes those?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Who makes those?

http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=44_49_81&products_id=292
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Because the capacity of the Shield is the 'correct' capacity? A +1 extension can always be added to the G43 and make it the same height as a Shield but a Shield can never be made as short as a G43.  Options...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good post. I was really looking forward to this pistol but I'm disappointed with the mag capacity. Maybe I'll change my mind if I get to handle one but for now I will stick with my 26 for CC.

Honestly, what capacity were you expecting out of a single stack 9mm?

7+1 to match the shield.

Because the capacity of the Shield is the 'correct' capacity? A +1 extension can always be added to the G43 and make it the same height as a Shield but a Shield can never be made as short as a G43.  Options...

This is a good point. The 43 is not quite as tall as the Shield. Already there are aftermarket extensions to add cartridge capacity to the Glock 43. Besides, the slighty longer barrel of the 43 will benefit terminal performance.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for posting, OP.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

The disconnect comes from it's having markedly less capacity while being very close to the same size of the double stack 26.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#35]
thanks for posting op
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The disconnect comes from it's having markedly less capacity while being very close to the same size of the double stack 26.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure of dangerdan's point.  I've carried a 26 in the pocket, I also carry a 42 in the pocket (which is really close in size to the 43).   The 42/43 has around half the capacity of a 26 with extension.  But if you;re interested in a pocket gun the 26 is in no way the same size.  It's just clunky as hell to carry in a pocket holster, thicker, taller, heavier - while a 42 or 43 is fine.    If your point is a 43 seems like a dumb belt gun  because it has low capacity and you could carry a 19 or 26, then I agree with you.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

PSA was selling the Shield for $299 during the NRA Convention.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Not sure of dangerdan's point.  I've carried a 26 in the pocket, I also carry a 42 in the pocket (which is really close in size to the 43).   The 42/43 has around half the capacity of a 26 with extension.  But if you;re interested in a pocket gun the 26 is in no way the same size.  It's just clunky as hell to carry in a pocket holster, thicker, taller, heavier - while a 42 or 43 is fine.    If your point is a 43 seems like a dumb belt gun  because it has low capacity and you could carry a 19 or 26, then I agree with you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll need to handle a 43 before I come to any conclusions, but the published specs I saw put the 43 less than 2/10 of an inch thinner than the 26, and essentially the same in every other dimension. That raises concerns for me regarding it's viability for pocket carry, especially compared to the Diamondback I've been using in that role. I had really hoped the 43 would be somewhere around that size.

Edit - according to the Glock website, the 43 is 1.02" wide, compared to the 26 at 1.18". The 26 is 0.23" longer, but the 43 is just a tad higher than the 26.

As I said, I'll need to handle one to make a decision, but if it had been closer to a DB 9 in size I would have jumped on one immediately.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Im not a 43 owner but looking at the pics you posted I think I am giving up very little and gaining a ton by staying with the 19.  I love my wifes 42 but something about the maga capacity and handling that I cant get over
View Quote
This is how I'm thinking.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#40]
I´ve had a 19, and LOVED it.

I have a 17, and a 42.

LOVE the 42 ( yes, the .380 - never thought that would happen ).

I like the 17 in OD,and it is exceptionally accurate.

I LIKE the 2 finger and pinky under the grip hold!!!

It´s what GOD himself intended!

No, not John Moses Browning, but Samuel Colt!

My SAA and my Walther PPK both are shot with pinky UNDER the grip, as with the 42, and it´s PERFECT that way!

I would rather have a smaller gun with larger after market mags, than a too big gun, to begin with

Hermann
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#41]
which one is heavier?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'll need to handle a 43 before I come to any conclusions, but the published specs I saw put the 43 less than 2/10 of an inch thinner than the 26, and essentially the same in every other dimension. That raises concerns for me regarding it's viability for pocket carry, especially compared to the Diamondback I've been using in that role. I had really hoped the 43 would be somewhere around that size.

Edit - according to the Glock website, the 43 is 1.02" wide, compared to the 26 at 1.18". The 26 is 0.23" longer, but the 43 is just a tad higher than the 26.

As I said, I'll need to handle one to make a decision, but if it had been closer to a DB 9 in size I would have jumped on one immediately.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well you should definitely handle the 43.  I will say I have a 42 and it is far better than a 26 for pocket carry.  It's not simply "will it fit in a pocket".  Yes a 26 will fit in your pocket.  At a certain point big pocket guns do start to print. More importantly with a pocket gun that's to big it's hard to get your hand in there quickly to make a good smooth draw.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are a year late, a round short and its more expensive

There is nothing appealing about this gun, accept for the fact that its a glock.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but after shipping, transfer fees and stupid Washington state tax I really wouldn't have saved much besides my FFL dealer has a small shop next to his house and I like to support him.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#45]
what does it feel like when you put it in your pants?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

There is nothing appealing about this gun, accept for the fact that its a glock.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah Bennjammin when you only have so few rounds one more is kind of a big deal.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
which one is heavier?
View Quote

I believe the Shield is heavier. That also seems to be confirmed by the details on S&W and Glock's websites.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
what does it feel like when you put it in your pants?
View Quote

Lol, never mind.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I would've been fine with 6+1 had it been comparable in size to the PM9 / CM9.  Why make it a 2-finger grip gun if it's not small enough to be a true pocket gun?  What's the point?

And in before the guys claiming they can pocket carry it just fine in their hammer pants.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HUGE let-down IMO.

It's basically the exact same dimensions as a PM9 in every way except the slide is a bit longer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I believe the Shield is heavier. That also seems to be confirmed by the details on S&W and Glock's websites.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
which one is heavier?

Heavier is kinda of a plus right? More controllable, quicker follow up shots.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top