Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2001 12:44:47 AM EDT

I read the "ballistic test" the one with the cats.. I think that it was not the right thing to do  along with the rest of you..
I think that he is a fake .. if not a sick F$@$.

But this is what came about for me...
I as at work and had a fellow co worker ask me if I like cats.. I said yes. and he then said never mind. I asked him why he asked. He then started to tell me how bad off his cat is. It tuns out that the cat had a cancer for cats.. Terminal and he had all ready spent lots on it.
Well the cat had not eaten for 5 days  and was on it's last leg. and he could not handle putting down his own pet. I  told him if he needed to I would.
I did and barried the cat. I felt bad because the poor thing did not have enough energy to even move. I do not think that it is wrong to do this. even though back in the day it would not have affected me. But the years have gotten to me I guess because It was harder than when I was a kid and had to put my dog down because he was killing chickens..

My Question is do you think that it is morally wrong to put down a pet your self instead of having a vet do it?

There was no cruel  test or disrespect done to the pet...
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 12:54:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds to me like you handled it in a mature and responsible manner.  Those who have pets know how devastating their loss can be.  You say it 'affected' you some. I say that's a good thing.  And you helped out a friend when he needed it in a difficult situation.  From what you have written, it seems that you have been a sensitive and caring friend, who had the guts to do a difficult thing.  The only thing negative I can think of, is that it may have been against the law in your locale to do this.  But then some laws are just plain stupid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top