Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2015 3:59:54 PM EDT
I was going back and fourth with shipping dept on a possible safe purchase.  Trying to get the logistics worked out before pulling the trigger....poof, website gone, no response to emails.  Sure glad I didn't pull the trigger....
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably didn't renew their domain name.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was going back and fourth with shipping dept on a possible safe purchase.  Trying to get the logistics worked out before pulling the trigger....poof, website gone, no response to emails.  Sure glad I didn't pull the trigger....
View Quote

They probably got tired of waiting for you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I did.  Now thei site is down and their phone number is disconnected......ETF?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Their Facebook page is gone as well.

facebook.com/patriot.gun.safe.company
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Just talked to their shipper.  Seems they walked away from the company owing her 126K.  Do not count on that wonderful warranty.  Filing fraudulent clams now.  What a shame.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Jeez...

Looked like nice product and good reviews.  Just another example of not really knowing what's going on inside what appears to be a reputable company...

Looks like I'm done screwing around, going to Cableas.  Only 7.5 miles from my house.  Pretty sure they'll be in business for a little longer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Jeez...

Looked like nice product and good reviews.  Just another example of not really knowing what's going on inside what appears to be a reputable company...

Looks like I'm done screwing around, going to Cableas.  Only 7.5 miles from my house.  Pretty sure they'll be in business for a little longer.
View Quote
Can't go wrong. I got my Liberty (Cab's branded) from there, and I'm going to get another.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#9]
to our customers, we have had to close down for 6 months due to "plumbing problems".

i am not them
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Patriot safe!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:32:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I think i just saw some their safes in Costco last week.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#13]
IRS saw the name Patriot and went after them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#14]
A friend of mine just bought a Patriot safe about 2 months ago.  And two other friends bought from them about a year or two ago.

I guess all four of us are fucked now if something happens?

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#15]
The domain is registered to someone named Tim Merlo. He has a website, http://www.merlosafes.com/ I wonder if he knows what happened.

Edit:

Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Tim Merlo
Admin Organization: Merlo Safe Co.
Admin Street: 12321 Industry St
Admin City: Garden Grove
Admin State/Province: CA
Admin Postal Code: 92841
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.7149085030

Just a disclaimer, this is publicly available information.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Just talked to their shipper.  Seems they walked away from the company owing her 126K.  Do not count on that wonderful warranty.  Filing fraudulent clams now.  What a shame.
View Quote

Pretty sure I would have cut them off a little quicker than that....

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol no shit
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#18]
http://www.yelp.com/biz/patriot-gun-safe-company-garden-grove

I hope I never need any work done on my safe.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The domain is registered to someone named Tim Merlo. He has a website, http://www.merlosafes.com/ I wonder if he knows what happened.

Edit:

Registry Admin ID:

View Quote

Interesting...If you click on that site then the link for discount gun safes, it takes you to "patriotsafe.com"...the exact same site as used to be at patriotgunsafes.com....  

Very fishy!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I also ordered a safe from these people several weeks ago and haven't been able to get ahold of anyone since. 877 number disconnected, emails go unanswered. In the past few weeks, I've seen them shut down multiple websites and spring up elsewhere. Now they're under a completely different name here: www.warriorgunsafes.com. I'm doing a chargeback immediately as I have tried but can't get ahold of anyone. I'm well within my rights to get my money back and I advise anyone in this situation to do the same. Has anyone tried visiting their address?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:59:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Apparently Patriot Safes will offer protection  against everything with the exception of  a corrupt business plan.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I too have a Patriot Safe (one of their LEO 2 hour models... have had it for several years now).

I COMPLETELY understand all of your frustration as similar things happened to me TWICE.

First time I bought furniture online from a very large company/show room on the east coast.  The furniture arrived and both items were damaged.  I sent them back.  Communication with the company and they reordered the furniture for me. Well, lo and behold, in the mean time the owner died unexpectedly and the business went to his son.  Of course, his son wanted nothing to do with it so 100% of every person who had orders in lost everything.  Discussing this with the state attorney general, they said I could file a small claims but I would have to do it in the state that they operated out of. (Washington to New York.. yeah.. no). I lost all of my money.

Second time was with a family owned windows and door company.  I ordered all new windows and doors for my house.  They installed them.  Turns out they were a previous version (the only reason I bought them was because of all of the new features of the new windows).  They admitted they messed up and were going to give me all new windows that they promised.  After that they went out of business.  The windows and doors I have are definitely nice, but wasn't what I ordered (I was on deployment when they were installed so it wasn't caught until I got home).  

Both of these companies had been in business for 30+ years.  

It sucks when it happens.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#24]
They seem to be collapsing at a rate rivaling a burned-out star.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Edit:

Registry Admin ID:

View Quote

Uh, that wouldn't happen to be this Tim Merlo, would it?

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/CA18699167D0745/Timothy-Merlo.html

The dude is a registered sex offender... Selling gun safes. No wonder he's got problems running a business (Disclaimer: This is public information, freely available to anyone).

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:32:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Didn't Pentagon go by the name of Sportsman Steel before and didn't they have a bad reputation?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 11:16:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Didn't Pentagon go by the name of Sportsman Steel before and didn't they have a bad reputation?
View Quote

yes, I believe the pentagon line is china made, and the sportsman steel are supposed to be USA made.
but I wouldn't trust their stuff, too much douche baggery
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top