Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2001 9:26:15 PM EDT
Just saw "That's My Bush" for the first time.

LMAO.

It had one really great line.  Here's the setup.

Laura Bush has been consulting Tarot card psychic "Ms. Cleo".  She gets GW hooked and Ms. Cleo tells him some one's going to kill him.  GW goes nuts with security.  The liberal neighbor "Larry" stops in and helps by telling GW that to make himself safe he has to get rid of the guns.  Under the guise of "For the Children" GW issues orders to confiscate all the guns.  Scenes of protest and street riot follow.  "Charlton Heston" comes to the oval office to berate the President and reverse the confiscation.

Here's the dialogue as best I remember it.  Wish I has recorded it!

Heston:
Mr. President, guns don't kill people!

GW:
Really?!

Heston:
No!  It's the bullets.  The guns just help 'em go really, really, really fast!
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Not funny.
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 11:52:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I watched an episode of "That's my Bush" a few weeks ago over at my buddies. We voted for him, but we figured that doesn't mean they can't make a show that pokes fun at the pres and isn't offensive to his supporters, so we gave it a shot. We gutted it out the entire episode,the show sucked, I didn't laugh once. We were disappointed, it's by the South Park guys and we laugh our asses off at that show.

God, if any prez deserved to be made fun of, it was Klinton, but nobody was gonna put that show on the air were they.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 12:35:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, I guess most anything that someone finds funny someone else will find offensive.

I'd never seen the show before.  I had heard it was a parody of sitcoms in general.  This one hit every cliche including the one about "the right to arm bears".  I have a broad sense of humor and this struck me funny.  Other episodes may not be funny.

But come on,

"the gun just helps 'em go really .... fast."

This is funny.  I wish I had it on a bumper sticker.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 12:38:56 AM EDT
[#5]
At the end Bush decided Guns aren't the reason for crime and Heston saved his life by shooting a bear.

heston said we have the right to bear arms, but not the right to arm bears.

LMAO... so I thought it was funny :)
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 12:40:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't watch that crap but it reminds me of that b*tch Murphy Brown and her hatred for Qualye and Bush.

The scary thing is that people believe this crap and it will translate into votes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top