BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 296
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can we talk about how fucking pathetic the chat is.

Telling people that they aren't doing anything to help the team by sitting in the back or far side is chat-ban material.
View Quote

Yeah, that sucks. I usually just ignore them though.  What really drives me nuts is when people close to me request my support without actually telling me what they need. It usually turns out that what I'm doing or about to do (or where I'm about to go) is what's needed.  I get a kick out of the guys that request support while they're retreating WAY away from the action all by their lonesome when they decided to go off on their own to begin with.

I've at least gone more than a couple months of play now without people chanting "POI"
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't like everyone hiding behind the islands and/or hanging in the back sniping. I got fussed at by some guy in an Alaska that I didn't hang back in my GK and snipe.  The GK is not a sniper BB.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't like everyone hiding behind the islands and/or hanging in the back sniping. I got fussed at by some guy in an Alaska that I didn't hang back in my GK and snipe.  The GK is not a sniper BB.
View Quote

yeah, fuck those guys. I roll in and brawl.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Well the Vermont has great guns but you can't carry a team with it. Almost every game is like this one. I was down to 16% win rate in it for the first 10 games.

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been having more fun in tier X co-op, at least the bots are aggressive.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 2:26:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Kansas was potato, Minnesota was decent, and I really like the Vermont.

After almost 18k random games I finally nuked a T10 CA from full health to dead in one salvo. Landed 7 pens including 2 cits on a Des Moines at 18km with my Vermont and evaporated him.

Good times.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I was in my Vermont and I salvoed on a Midway at 28km after popping my spotter plane. I hit him with 9 shots out of the 12 I salvoed.  He was nose in to me dead stopped right where he spawned.

Well guess how much damage.................yup 0, they all ricochet off the armored flight deck. Now tell me how thick the armored flight deck is on a Midway and how it stopped rounds coming almost straight down for 18" guns.

BUT! it gets better. I managed to salvo him 2 more times before the the spotter went down and hit him with 8 more shells and all but 1 ricochet off. The one that did damage was an over pen.

So I guess the Midway has more armor on its flight deck than every BB in the game?
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was in my Vermont and I salvoed on a Midway at 28km after popping my spotter plane. I hit him with 9 shots out of the 12 I salvoed.  He was nose in to me dead stopped right where he spawned.

Well guess how much damage.................yup 0, they all ricochet off the armored flight deck. Now tell me how thick the armored flight deck is on a Midway and how it stopped rounds coming almost straight down for 18" guns.

BUT! it gets better. I managed to salvo him 2 more times before the the spotter went down and hit him with 8 more shells and all but 1 ricochet off. The one that did damage was an over pen.

So I guess the Midway has more armor on its flight deck than every BB in the game?
View Quote

Working as intended, Comrade.

Can't let CVs be damaged now, can we?
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. Garbage tier shells.

I've been having plot armor levels of dispersion, no matter which ship. Shoot a 9 gun broadside off an Iowa at 8km... 5 hit the water, 2 hit the hull, and one flies over. Can't tell you how many times I get straddling levels of shot. Trying to hit a New Mexico with my Russian Bud, 3 full salvos go 50/50 over/under without a single hit.

And for some reason my torpedoes are completely ineffective. Shoot torps while I am not detected, watch the ships have enough time to react and turn while missing my entire spread. American torps are outrun half the time and with everyone having a radar the American DDs are becoming more and more obsolete.

Lots of shit teams. Come around in my Sinop in a T9 match. T9 BB with me. T9 DD next to me. T8 and T9 cruisers just south. I'm taking 2 cruisers and their Iowa. My entire wing decides to stop and turn around while their ships are broadside to us. Fucking HE spammed to death by their Cruisers and watch the Iowa that I did 45,000 damage to just drive away. 7v4 in our favor, game lost.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yep. Garbage tier shells.

I've been having plot armor levels of dispersion, no matter which ship. Shoot a 9 gun broadside off an Iowa at 8km... 5 hit the water, 2 hit the hull, and one flies over. Can't tell you how many times I get straddling levels of shot. Trying to hit a New Mexico with my Russian Bud, 3 full salvos go 50/50 over/under without a single hit.

And for some reason my torpedoes are completely ineffective. Shoot torps while I am not detected, watch the ships have enough time to react and turn while missing my entire spread. American torps are outrun half the time and with everyone having a radar the American DDs are becoming more and more obsolete.

Lots of shit teams. Come around in my Sinop in a T9 match. T9 BB with me. T9 DD next to me. T8 and T9 cruisers just south. I'm taking 2 cruisers and their Iowa. My entire wing decides to stop and turn around while their ships are broadside to us. Fucking HE spammed to death by their Cruisers and watch the Iowa that I did 45,000 damage to just drive away. 7v4 in our favor, game lost.
View Quote

Yeah, no.

Play a Benham, Fletcher, Gearing or Somers right and you'll crush them.

Remember, they have DDs in front of them too, and will spot your torps. Also, shoot the torps into the map areas where they will be, not where the aiming thingy says they're going.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 2:57:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Uninstalled again.  Hopefully for the last time.  I don't know what I dislike more, WG's money grubbing or the player base.  I really wish there was a good game involving WWII naval combat.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:34:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I fucking crushed a Japanese cruiser with my Kansas last night, first blood, devastating strike, 4 citadel hits to him.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I've been in my GK quite a bit, trying to get the special upgrade for slot 6.  It is getting much harder for me to have any sort of enjoyment.   The rainbows of HE spam are fun:

Attachment Attached File

I also had ONE bomb hit do 63000 damage (mag detonation)!

Had a real hoot last night too, the other team had two Smolensk, Worcester, and 2 Shimakazes.  I was burning the entire time I wasn't dodging torps.

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Installed and played for the first time in 5 years. Mostly American line of ships. Had about 40m in the bank. Ships up to and including the Cleveland. Had researched some carriers but don't have them anymore. I gotta research all the new ships. Just playing around to remember how things work. Got 3 kills but have only played up to tier 5 so far.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 4:51:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Clan Naval Battle is active, make sure you enable it and see how you can contribute
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Weekends are tough.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Got a Thunderer. -_-

Every match I have had potatoe teams.

DD's in TX refusing to bother spotting, sit back, drop torps at max range, run, repeat.

Also, 7 of 10 matches in T8 are T10 matches. 100% of my matches in T10 are T10. How?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 2:58:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Got a Thunderer. -_-

Every match I have had potatoe teams.

DD's in TX refusing to bother spotting, sit back, drop torps at max range, run, repeat.

Also, 7 of 10 matches in T8 are T10 matches. 100% of my matches in T10 are T10. How?
View Quote

Yeah I always wondered about that. I like playing tier 9 because it's more often few or no tier 10's. I can go burn people down in my kitakaze without too much bother.

New coupons up, between coal and steel I could get the Thunderer or other ships... I went for Kuznetsov instead. He's gonna bounce around on prem ships until I get a tier 9 or 10 soviet BB.

eta - had a great kitakaze game. 97k dmg wasn't anything exciting, but I got around their flank and hung out behind them and got 180k spotting damage!
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Uninstalled again.  Hopefully for the last time.  I don't know what I dislike more, WG's money grubbing or the player base.  I really wish there was a good game involving WWII naval combat.  
View Quote

I am right there with you.  The only thing saving me right now is the Paolo Emilio.  Its not really a team player, but I can go in and kill anything I want pretty much, if I don't want to survive.  

Teams are so potatoe now a days.  Even the clans are full of players that think they are so good, too bad their stats don't reflect it and neither does their gameplay.  And what is up with being reported for killing stuff?  Now a days you get reported for killing too many of the opposite team, or "stealing" a kill from someone else.

Link Posted: 12/22/2020 12:37:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Does reporting actually do anything?

Some random thoughts

Got the Halland and it is a monster. I don't have large damage games, and started out slow with it, but am now closing in on a 60% win rate with it. It impacts games.

Looking at my stats, there's a number of ships where I have a <40% win rate, some of them low tier with (50ish games played) . I was just debating how that's even possible. I would expect at low tier, you could go AFK for every single game, and still end up near 50% win rate. Assuming match making is random and which side of the potato fiesta dumpster fire you end up on is random, I can't imagine me as a single ship made that big a difference.  I also have a 36% win rate with the Grozovoi. God I hated that ship and sold it long ago. Made it 72 games before selling it. It was the first tier X I got.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm sure the trolls actually masturbate to lower Karma rating.  So, yes it probably does something: makes them troll harder.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:58:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can tell you from experience reporting someone for misbehavior in chat will get the perp chat banned. It usually takes more than one doing it though but I have been chat banned numerous times and i was reported each time. Its also the only report that the perp gets a notice that he was reported.

I now days use "report for misbehavior in chat" on any one that i feel is specially stupid in game play just to make those cock suckers at WG have to go through the chat logs. I figure if they get enough reports and chat logs they have to sort through maybe they will stop chat banning me for using words like "moron" and "idiot". I have been banned for both as well as pointing out other players crap stats are a result of their crap play (stat shaming). When I division with other players, we all agree to report the same people thus trying to piss off the WG censors even more.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#24]
When we have all 3 caps and are ahead in kills would your team push out one at a time to die and lose? Why when your mogodor kills their only 2 DDs right off would you push up singly and die and lose?  Why would your BBs all join a lemming pack and hang behind an island?  Why would you yell at your DDs when they are the only ones doing anything, amid the 5 radars and planes constantly spotting them?  Why would your cruisers or BBs for that matter, push up at the beginning, decide they make a mistake and just turn broadside to get blapped right off?  Why sail broadside and in a straight line, is it so you can shoot off all your guns?  You would think by tiers 8-10, some of this would be learned.  

The game itself has issues probably from dev laziness or driven by the need to get more money - I get that.  But its the players that are the weak link.  The whole premise that that it is a team game, which puts you at the mercy of so many others that are either yoloing or don't care, and have win rates of like 35%, and no matter how hard you carry, you still lose.  I don't mind losing if its a good fight, its GG all the way around then and congrats to the red team, but those matches are so far and few between nowadays.  

Link Posted: 12/24/2020 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#25]
It seems like every other game is a total slaughter. I was in a DD, and their CV blasted me to 25% health in the first 2 minutes. I didn't even get the chance to spot anyone. And don't say anything about the "rock hiders" as I call them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 1:32:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Starting working my way through the British heavy cruisers. Currently at the Devonshire. Exactly what is this ship supposed to do? The gun range is too short, the concealment not so good, and the thing eats damage like crazy. It eats so much damage the strong heal is almost useless.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Starting working my way through the British heavy cruisers. Currently at the Devonshire. Exactly what is this ship supposed to do? The gun range is too short, the concealment not so good, and the thing eats damage like crazy. It eats so much damage the strong heal is almost useless.
View Quote

It might be that ship in the tech tree that tries to get you to get your wallet out...
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:54:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

It should have decent concealment if you have a 10 pt captain. Just hang back and burn stuff.

I don't think I've ever had 3 dev strikes in one game before. Got two negative karmas, too.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 12:58:06 AM EDT
[#30]
First game in Vermont. As others have said, great guns. Nose in, I tanked 3.8 million, so it seems to be pretty tough... until the HE spam rolls in.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#31]
This is a very good video about WWII era AA guns. Worth the hour of your time.

World War 2 Anti-Aircraft Guns - Enforcing the No-Fly Zone

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#32]
The old girl still gettin it done...

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Well after a long break, I finally redownloaded the game and logged in. Bunch of changes and chaos in my port. Bunch of ships not found in the tech tree, no idea on specs etc. Still hate CVs too

I did find the old clan too
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:16:45 AM EDT
[#34]
So apparently I lack this thing called willpower.  Oh well, at least this was a nice game.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Is their a casual Arfcom clan?  I don't have a bunch of time for clan wars, but I'd like to contribute oil if I could.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Is their a casual Arfcom clan?  I don't have a bunch of time for clan wars, but I'd like to contribute oil if I could.
View Quote
AR15
super casual... only exists for the clan bonus.  we don't have a lot of active players anymore. everyone moved on to other games.  we have pretty full base, so we get all the clan bonuses
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Unlike Sydney Powell.... I know how to unleash the

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
AR15
super casual... only exists for the clan bonus.  we don't have a lot of active players anymore. everyone moved on to other games.  we have pretty full base, so we get all the clan bonuses
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
AR15
I think I'm 1 of 3 people that does the Naval Battles
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:44:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Cool, I'll send a req in 3 days, I just left another clan.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:36:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
AR15

Sometimes I remember.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Who is Mongo63a?

thanks for the shout-out in game
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Who is Mongo63a?

thanks for the shout-out in game
View Quote

me

you dived with me back when i was in OP at the beginning several times.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This is a very good video about WWII era AA guns. Worth the hour of your time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZqMqhUnVMU

View Quote

Cool, will have to watch.

Just got Somers, definitely one of the favorites now.  Only negative is the AA, which is super bad, probably back to tier 4 levels.  Torps and guns are both good, as is concealment.  One of the fastest US DDs.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
AR15
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
AR15
Application sent, IGN Karakalla
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Application sent, IGN Karakalla
View Quote
all set!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:23:43 PM EDT
[#46]
I guess I'm not a complete shitter.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#47]
I was farming some missions in coop and I noticed something screwy. The bots will completely turn and ignore my team mates and come after me. I was playing a DD and ended up having bots turning around islands and giving broadside to chase me. Ended up with the entire middle and right side deployments targeting me.

My win rate on random is 50% despite being 1-3 on team more then half the time. That is getting tiring. Had a game where I held the north cap vs 5 enemy ships solo for 4 minutes after my 2 other team mates YOLO'd in and died. In a 6v4 my team had 3 bbs behind the same island and they all slowly got picked off and died.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:28:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I guess I'm not a complete shitter.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50826341566_39ce34be48_h.jpg
View Quote

Showing O7 how it's done
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:31:34 AM EDT
[#49]
What's up with the rash of detonations recently? It happened to me several times, and then I was noticing it on WoWS YouTube clips.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Showing O7 how it's done
View Quote
Don't be too impressed, he's using a cheat-boat
Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top