Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

This is it.

Another money pit.

View Quote

I'm wondering how long it's going to take to drive me insane.. WoT took three years.

I like it though.. they did this one right.

The worst part though... Now I have to split time between this and Space Truckers (Elite Dangerous)
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#5]
anybody got a code? I'm still waiting to be approved for the beta. dang it I want to play!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah.  I would honestly hate to see the money added up that I spent on WOT.

I'm going to try not to go nuts with this one.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is it.

Another money pit.

I'm wondering how long it's going to take to drive me insane.. WoT took three years.

Well, one good thing, though I don't know if it's implemented yet, Gold and Premium time should apply to both games.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#7]
In on 1
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
anybody got a code? I'm still waiting to be approved for the beta. dang it I want to play!
View Quote

Second
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is it.

Another money pit.

^^  This.

I'm like, well it keeps me home and from spending more money doing something else so it it worth it.  Hmm and I bet that heavy that guy is playing would be so much better than mine.  LOL
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#11]
What the hell, IN!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

This is it.

Another money pit.

View Quote

Buy your way to victory? No thank you.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is it.

Another money pit.

View Quote

TIL Old_Painless is a gamer.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I played both weekends and got the beta code last weekend. Last one to tier ten is a sissy

Jim
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I've enjoyed it so far.  Looking forward to more ships being added.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Blackhawk101 had some codes and passed them out.  Maybe he or someone else can get some more.  It sure is fun.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blackhawk101 had some codes and passed them out.  Maybe he or someone else can get some more.  It sure is fun.

put in a good word for me?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#18]
In on one.  The Yamato is awesome.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm in on one and started playing yesterday.  My big problem is that my son keeps stealing my computer.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#20]

I'm playing it, I play IJN DD and BB, focusing on BBs since the DDs are a bit gimped.

There's a small thread in the wargaming subforum, if I notice any beta key giveaways I'll post up links in both threads.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#21]
In on 1!  Thanks OP!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#22]
I filled out that application....and never heard back... is there a way to get an invite?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm an Alpha tester so I've been playing for a while.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:16:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've enjoyed it so far.  Looking forward to more ships being added.
View Quote

I'd enjoy the hell out of it, if they'd accept my fucking application already!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:22:26 PM EDT
[#25]
The destroyers are fun but the enemy battleships ruin it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#26]
I want an Essex class carrier.  Then I intend to hoist the flag of dport and sink all y'alls damned battleships.  

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:25:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Can't wait til the tug line is introduced
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#28]

I'll believe I'll wait out the inevitable bugs and glitches that usually accompany launches...definitely interested though.

Off to Youtube I go...

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:44:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Juts got my tier 5 cruiser.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Looking forward to this. Any word on when it will release? I applied for the Beta but its not been confirmed yet!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:47:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I want an Essex class carrier.  Then I intend to hoist the flag of dport and sink all y'alls damned battleships.  

View Quote

Carriers are tricky to really use well. But I imagine a Division of them, working in coordination, could pull off some really nasty moves.

As for me, I'm really liking the higher-tier US Cruisers....even though the line doesn't differentiate between CL and CA types.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:06:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Carriers are tricky to really use well. But I imagine a Division of them, working in coordination, could pull off some really nasty moves.

As for me, I'm really liking the higher-tier US Cruisers....even though the line doesn't differentiate between CL and CA types.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

6" guns = CL

8" guns = CA
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:25:00 AM EDT
[#33]
So far the game is pretty fun. Combo of WOT plus WOWp.  Has the WOT feel to it but with more of a WOWp interface.  I've not yet figured out the right tactics.  I'm typically too aggressive and usually die to early.   Typical I'm sure.  I need to learn to hold back and use cover (islands and distance) to my advantage.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:26:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

6" guns = CL

8" guns = CA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

6" guns = CL

8" guns = CA

I get that, I just wish that the game didn't lump them all into one line, or that the progression at least makes sense...going from a WW2 CL to a 1920s CA at VI to VII is almost a step backwards. I'd want to see CL and CA lines separate at around Tier V or VI.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:28:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Still a nooblet.  Still working towards the Chester.  My last match in the Erie, I'd just fired on the last enemy cruiser, who was on fire and almost out of health.  Before the shells could land, my team capped out.  Total ship exp after last match.... wait for it... 1399.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:16:35 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm really liking the U.S. cruiser line (up to Cleveland atm) but kinda meh about the BB line. That dispersion is painful though I understand why it is what it is. Shooting 3 straddling salvos at 20km for only 2-3 hits is frustration at its best, especially if none were crits.

I played 1 game as a CV and my planes were shot down while I was trying to figure out what the hell I was doing. 0 damage game. Wish they had a place to practice :(
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:25:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Taggity
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:29:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Probably going to buy a computer tomorrow just for this.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:30:04 AM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:47:13 AM EDT
[#40]
I enjoy the hell out of this game.  This is my second beta round.  I wish I had gotten to keep the ships I had researched last time.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:51:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Another one here waiting to get accepted into the closed beta.   Was in WoT when it was closed, and was so mad when they reset it all when it went live.   Expect the same to happen here, but will anticipate it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:55:09 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

From what I've seen on the youtube, they are really micro heavy.  You basically need to overrule the plane's default behavior and torp. bomb ships at point blank range.  

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:29:01 AM EDT
[#43]
I got to the Yammy, Des Moines, Japanese tier X DD (forgot the name) and Gearing in alpha. I did not care for the Yammy because the turrets are too damn slow. Slight course changes resulted in long aim times while they traversed and you are screwed if there is anything fast that gets any where hear you since there is little chance you will ever get a turret pointed at them.

The Des Moines is awesome. With the rate of fire you can pump out, you can range ships very fast. You can sit at max range from a Yammy and just pelt them to death while he has to be a very good shot to defeat you even though you have only half the hit points.

The Gearing is the one I really love and I'm already back to the Fletcher on my way back to it. The 16.5 km range torps that are also fast and the ship is stealthy. You can send torps off without ever being seen and watch the Yammies drive right into them. It is much better than the Japanese tier 10 DD because of the guns which all the Japanese DDs guns suck(they transverse like a damn BB turret). DDs usually have to slug it out with other DDs so the guns become pretty important.

I did not make it past tier 5 in the CV and did not even get into the Japanese cruiser line.

As for the premium ships, I tried both the Atlanta, Ikie Alpha and the Japanese Kitty torp boat. The Alanta can take down higher tier ships due to the rate of fire and large number of turrets. It also has torps to stick it to them too but they are only short range suckers.

The Japanese Kitty Torp cruiser is limited since the torps are limited in range and it has no real guns to shoot at anything. The problem is you will get a large barrage of torps off and then you are sunk before they hit. Not that great of ship.

Will not bother with the ikie Alpha since there is no way to get it unless you were in the alpha testing.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:35:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Any idea how often they send out invites? I'm signed up and patiently waiting lol.

hoping the fact that i was a WoT and WoWP beta tester might help.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:39:13 AM EDT
[#45]
What happens when you run out of docks?  I just bought the Chester, and am six or eight matches from the destroyer.  I'mma run out of room in my port before too long, and there doesn't seem to be any way to add slots.  The gold is different than other wargaming games, and the "buy more" icon gets a not implemented yet message.  We locked to 6 ships total during the beta?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:58:17 AM EDT
[#46]
I assume they will start giving piasters at some point in beta like they did in WoT beta.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:16:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Add me to the list of someone who would like a code.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:21:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What happens when you run out of docks?  I just bought the Chester, and am six or eight matches from the destroyer.  I'mma run out of room in my port before too long, and there doesn't seem to be any way to add slots.  The gold is different than other wargaming games, and the "buy more" icon gets a not implemented yet message.  We locked to 6 ships total during the beta?
View Quote

Unless you have the not-exactly-gold "piasters" then yeah, it seems that way.

ETA: you could of course sell a ship or two...
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:23:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Can I not be in a basement to use this information?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:01:33 AM EDT
[#50]
I might have to get in on it when it's in open beta or when it's released. Looks like it could be fun.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top