Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 696
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Just read that, and now I am pissed...Been way too much stupid shit going on lately...
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
fair winds and following seas Joe.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 3:50:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hobbez84:
AMX M4 54 (Tier X Frenchie) worth getting right away? Or save my silver for the new RU Heavy line?
View Quote
I actually liked the tier 9 better. It was a fun grind.

The tier X just doesn't seem as tough to me, or I'm too aggressive in it.

To me, it's just the same tank, better hull armor up front, slightly better gun.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 3:56:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By dmb4765:
Just read that, and now I am pissed...Been way too much stupid shit going on lately...
View Quote
That's pretty fucking gay.

I have my suspicions on who it was...
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#5]
my computer failed miserably with the new graphics engine.
I may have to put the game to bed until I get a new computer. The current one works awesome for everything else so it may be a while.  I can't see buying a new set up just to play a game.
I won't be missed though, I'm not that good anyways. LOL
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CB1:

my computer failed miserably with the new graphics engine.
I may have to put the game to bed until I get a new computer. The current one works awesome for everything else so it may be a while.  I can't see buying a new set up just to play a game.
I won't be missed though, I'm not that good anyways. LOL
View Quote
Put it on the lowest possible quality and it will run better than current and still probably look better.

The current version isn't optimized at all. The new one is.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, the new engine runs much better on slower PCs than the old one.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 3:54:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmnoid77] [#8]
Le grunt.

93 base defense points. Should have been a loss.

Victory
Lakeville
AMX 12 t
Experience received:5,190
Battle achievements High Caliber, Confederate, Defender, Pascucci's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Replay
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 2:29:59 AM EDT
[#9]
OBJ 257 Can Not Block shit Nope Nope Nope  

Only just about 4k damage blocked this game

Link Posted: 2/11/2018 5:11:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Fuck that guy JC.   Hope you'll still post when things settle down.  See ya in game anyways.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 5:19:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ch1966] [#11]
This was a helluva ride- 7 v 1 Kolobanov.

Replay
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 7:27:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Shout out to Scott, Don and Hobbez--all trying hard to help with that stupid scout mission.

Who would have thought it was that difficult to get 2500 spotting; LT-14...

Poor maps, loads of scouts on teams, and teams that wouldn't shoot lit tanks didn't help either.

Thanks again guys, we will get it...
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ch1966:

https://i.imgur.com/nlHMCZu.jpg

Replay
View Quote
Nicely done. Betting that St. Emil wishes he had stayed on cap instead of getting greedy.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:09:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#14]
Originally Posted By billpete:
Shout out to Scott, Don and Hobbez--all trying hard to help with that stupid scout mission.

Who would have thought it was that difficult to get 2500 spotting; LT-14...

Poor maps, loads of scouts on teams, and teams that wouldn't shoot lit tanks didn't help either.

Thanks again guys, we will get it...
View Quote
Start alone, Tier 6 LT and invite random tanks with some kills at the end of the battle. Sometimes heavies have 2000 assist or more.

-----

I just got my first 2nd MoE on the Jagdpanther - took only 991 battles.

Damn, I'm happy. Fuck this addicting shit.

Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Start alone, Tier 6 LT and invite random tanks with some kills at the end of the battle. Sometimes heavies have 2000 assist or more.

-----

I just got my first 2nd MoE on the Jagdpanther - took only 991 battles.

Damn, I'm happy. Fuck this addicting shit.

View Quote
Yeah I tried that too...had some luck, but damage from spotting and from tracking are two different things for LT-14--as I learned from trying to get that mission all say.  But I was working it hard.  I will try again today.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Replay
View Quote
WOW Nicely done  
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#17]
In the last 24 hours (playing lights) I have been snap-shotted by an O-I, O-Ni, two KV-2s and a SU-100Y. All while at full speed perpendicular to their path of travel and with them on the move.

Go ahead, try and tell me RNG isn't fungible.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Replay
View Quote
Achievement Unlocked: North Korean General.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 5:23:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmnoid77] [#19]
Can you spot the cursed tank?

ETA: I was blessed with another win.

Link Posted: 2/11/2018 10:23:30 PM EDT
[#20]
This took some doing....and a long damn time as I'm only 16k xp from the T57.

Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#21]
USMC-JA--you wanna grind mine for me?   Maybe the most frustrating tank in the game.....So many " a little more of X" from being a decent or even good tank...
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:47:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Vast conspiracy..

Kill 5 tanks and we still lose.

Next mission...different tank..4 kills still lose..

And they blame me despite being a team player.

Next mission 1 kill and we win.

Link Posted: 2/12/2018 6:34:56 AM EDT
[#23]
USMC-JA--you wanna grind mine for me?   Maybe the most frustrating tank in the game.....So many " a little more of X" from being a decent or even good tank...
View Quote
I like my 54E1.  Hit me up in the game and I will gladly run with ya.  I am not great or anything, but I do enjoy playing that one.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 11:21:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks Billpete---

If it just---reloaded a little faster, fired consecutive shells a little faster, had a little bit better armor, had a little bit better speed, didn't YAK one shot of every clip, had enough damage in a clip to actually kill a T9

medium it might be facing....It almost seems to me they said what do we need to do to make SURE it cant kill a T54 or an OBJ in a 1 v 1...
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:
This took some doing....and a long damn time as I'm only 16k xp from the T57.

https://i.imgur.com/50b2O0F.png
View Quote
Not bad, the T54e1 is probably the worst tier 9 tank in the game by a wide margin and you got it to work. It and the T69 are unbearably bad now. I remember one time when I was grinding through the T69 I stomped the shit out of a batchat with straight gold and he bitched in-game and after the battle.

They need to knock 15 seconds off the 54e1's reload and give the 69 a bit more pen and a slightly faster reload. They've been power creeped into worthlessness.

The only reason the 57H is still relevant is because it's got four rounds at 400hp apiece.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Just saw this thread.
My son talked me into playing this damn game just last night. I can't explain how badly I suck at it.
I've seen bridesmaids dresses with more armor than my pressed tin "Lol-traktor"(thats what he calls it) I'm starting on.
It's fun but frustrating. I can recognized situations and problems as they arise just fine. I just suck terrible at driving the tank.
Takes me too long to position my tank and I can't get myself out of trouble quickly enough. I see it coming, just can't get out of there quickly enough. I need three hands to start.

I don't know if I'll stick with it though, just trying to figure out all the menus, tech trees is daunting.
It's funny though, everyone here bitching about their tier x problems and Im ready to tear my hair out over this piece of shit Im in. You guys can wax nostalgic for your first tier 1 tanks now.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By straatconst:
Just saw this thread.
My son talked me into playing this damn game just last night. I can't explain how badly I suck at it.
I've seen bridesmaids dresses with more armor than my pressed tin "Lol-traktor"(thats what he calls it) I'm starting on.
It's fun but frustrating. I can recognized situations and problems as they arise just fine. I just suck terrible at driving the tank.
Takes me too long to position my tank and I can't get myself out of trouble quickly enough. I see it coming, just can't get out of there quickly enough. I need three hands to start.

I don't know if I'll stick with it though, just trying to figure out all the menus, tech trees is daunting.
It's funny though, everyone here bitching about their tier x problems and Im ready to tear my hair out over this piece of shit Im in. You guys can wax nostalgic for your first tier 1 tanks now.
View Quote
Run away now while you can.

Solo's Mod pack

Grind up to tier 5 and hang out there a while and master the mechanics of spotting, hull down, camo and sidescraping.

Have fun and when people call you a baddie just say you're from Argentina.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:10:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Put your game name on here or PM the guys who respond--some of them are really good, all our good guys, and even crappers like me can give you a few pointers once you get to T3...
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Inquisitive_Spaniard:

Solo's Mod pack

Grind up to tier 5 and hang out there a while and master the mechanics of spotting, hull down, camo and sidescraping.

View Quote
Yeah, I'm thinking just letting dogs lay would probably be the smart thing to do. The thing is, Im really competitive and it's hard to let it go.
I just need to practice my mouse/keyboard coordination. Then things will improve for me. Is there a practice area in the game?
Or can I go through the tutorial again?

Solo's Mod pack?  Dude, I'm old. I don't understand computers at all. Which is another thing that makes this frustrating. My son is helping and has me watching "JIngles" videos on youtube so I'm starting to figure how things work from that. What's the pack do?

It is fun, when things go right and my fat fingers don't get me killed. But now you're telling me I have to learn Portuguese in order to cover for my shit play.
Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Old_Painless:

Don't feel bad, we've all been there.

I played for a week before I found out I could zoom in with the mouse wheel.  I was wondering how those guys could hit me but I couldn't hit them for anything.
View Quote
Ah good, that makes me feel better. I keep driving up rocks and shit when I'm trying to aim and getting killed because I don't have the gun depression to shoot them. I haven't tipped it over yet, but soon Im sure.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Put your game name on here or PM the guys who respond--some of them are really good, all our good guys, and even crappers like me can give you a few pointers once you get to T3...
View Quote
If I stick with it, I'll post it in this thread.
The mechanics of the game, I do OK..I think. I've played a total of 15 games or so last night.  I have managed to go back and successfully killed opponents sitting in our base a couple of times, seen tanks working their way around behind me and have managed to set up ambushes for them, I've played a few games with 3 kills or so. I'm doing ok, it's just I cant physically drive the tank for shit.
One bit of advice I'd like is which gun is better on the Loltraktor? My son helped me get the autoloader, but I think the original gun was better. I only played two games with the AL but it just sprays shit all over. I may go back to the other one.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Knightzone:
fair winds and following seas Joe.
View Quote
No kidding.  He will be missed.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
I will on two conditions:

1. You are a good arty player and can get Arty Mission 15 done for me for the T55a.

2.  You can't bitch about the ammo costs while I'm doing it.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:24:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_JA] [#36]
Originally Posted By Turboguy:

Not bad, the T54e1 is probably the worst tier 9 tank in the game by a wide margin and you got it to work. It and the T69 are unbearably bad now. I remember one time when I was grinding through the T69 I stomped the shit out of a batchat with straight gold and he bitched in-game and after the battle.

They need to knock 15 seconds off the 54e1's reload and give the 69 a bit more pen and a slightly faster reload. They've been power creeped into worthlessness.

The only reason the 57H is still relevant is because it's got four rounds at 400hp apiece.
View Quote
Beyond the monster reload time, the other significant issue with the T54E1 is that you ARE going to drop a round during the clip.  Count on it. Doesn't matter where you are aimed.  One round will dirt dive or do no damage.  That being said, one thing I found that helped was to pause (when you can) during the clip.  I noticed that when I was dumping rounds into someone, if I could pause an extra second or two, or pause and send rounds into a different target, my hit rates for the entire clip seemed to go up.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Attachment Attached File

Still not enough for the Master badge.

Link Posted: 2/12/2018 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Solo's Mod pack

View Quote

Hahahaha Argies are soooo bad!

I hear there are people who troll those guys incessantly on the South America server.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#39]

I hear there are people who troll those guys incessantly on the South America server.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Solo's Mod pack

ja ja ja!
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Old_Painless:

One other thing..... Go to the French tech tree and get the french Tier 1 tank, the "FT".  Grind it a little and but then buy the Tier 2 "H35".  That is the best Tier 2 tank in the game.  Very good armor and good gun.  Don't bother about going higher for a while, but keep that H35.  I have over 30,000 games and still play my H35 now and then.  It is a blast.
View Quote
Awesome, thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try.
30k games...holy balls .
You must be retired.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#41]
There are guys on the EU servers that have over 100k battles.

Link Posted: 2/12/2018 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By straatconst:
If I stick with it, I'll post it in this thread.
The mechanics of the game, I do OK..I think. I've played a total of 15 games or so last night.  I have managed to go back and successfully killed opponents sitting in our base a couple of times, seen tanks working their way around behind me and have managed to set up ambushes for them, I've played a few games with 3 kills or so. I'm doing ok, it's just I cant physically drive the tank for shit.
One bit of advice I'd like is which gun is better on the Loltraktor? My son helped me get the autoloader, but I think the original gun was better. I only played two games with the AL but it just sprays shit all over. I may go back to the other one.
View Quote
My in game name is viking_power. Hit me up if you want to do a training room. I think the game still has them
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 1:42:12 AM EDT
[#43]
30k games is pretty nuts.  I have about 14k and I've been playing since early beta, so about 8yrs.  I actually get accused of being a reroll sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 2:01:38 AM EDT
[#44]
I've learned that the T-54 is a credit black hole. Almost 3k damage last match, no boosters, no gold ammo...made 10k credits. A loss would have lost credits with the same stats. There's almost no way to make credits with this tank. But it's SO damn fun!
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:50:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:
I've learned that the T-54 is a credit black hole. Almost 3k damage last match, no boosters, no gold ammo...made 10k credits. A loss would have lost credits with the same stats. There's almost no way to make credits with this tank. But it's SO damn fun!
View Quote
I know your pain.  I feel like the game has been a credit black hole the last month or so.  My accuracy and percent penetrarion have gone down so much it frustrates the blazes out of me.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Beyond the monster reload time, the other significant issue with the T54E1 is that you ARE going to drop a round during the clip.  Count on it. Doesn't matter where you are aimed.  One round will dirt dive or do no damage.  That being said, one thing I found that helped was to pause (when you can) during the clip.  I noticed that when I was dumping rounds into someone, if I could pause an extra second or two, or pause and send rounds into a different target, my hit rates for the entire clip seemed to go up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I am noticing more and more that that is a distinctive autoloader trait. Enemy tank at 1%, one round in the clip? It's going in the dirt, regardless of the range or whether or not the reticle is completely shrunk. I missed a shot at less than 20m last night. Fortunately it wasn't the last one in the mag like usual.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By dmnoid77:

I am noticing more and more that that is a distinctive autoloader trait. Enemy tank at 1%, one round in the clip? It's going in the dirt, regardless of the range or whether or not the reticle is completely shrunk. I missed a shot at less than 20m last night. Fortunately it wasn't the last one in the mag like usual.
View Quote
My autoloader unloads tend to go like this:  Bounce, hit tracks, penetration, dirt.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By bssrf4:

My autoloader unloads tend to go like this:  Bounce, hit tracks, penetration, dirt.  
View Quote
Wait till the Russians get an autoloader. It'll have .45 dispersion, but every shot will be a penetrating hit causing critical damage to multiple modules/crew....from 500 meters away.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 1:23:15 PM EDT
[#49]
They say a Picture is worth 1k words so here is the pic Proof that the OBJ 257 Just blocked the Tank God T57 heavies 4 auto loader shots

Link Posted: 2/13/2018 1:26:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By CrazedCat:
They say a Picture is worth 1k words so here is the pic Proof that the OBJ 257 Just blocked the Tank God T57 heavies 4 auto loader shots

https://i.imgur.com/jLWhIIT.jpg
View Quote
Not sure if I'm more impressed that it blocked all four or that all four made contact in the first place.
Page / 696
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top