Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't stress the importance of situational awareness enough  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel a little nervous on my walk back after work Not a bad area, mostly lit by street lights, but it made me tense.  Like somebody was watching me

I don't listen to music on the walk for this reason. Just walk it fairly quickly.  I have to go beneath an overpass thing though, and it's not very well lit.  Which I pretty intensely dislike
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:10:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't listen to music on the walk for this reason. Just walk it fairly quickly.  I have to go beneath an overpass thing though, and it's not very well lit.  Which I pretty intensely dislike
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I feel a little nervous on my walk back after work Not a bad area, mostly lit by street lights, but it made me tense.  Like somebody was watching me

A good small flashlight could come in handy

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:10:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

You need a pistol, or a 500 lumen flashlight, or OC spray, or a big mean dag. No, actually get all of those things. Yes, that'll do.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:12:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed. I'm poking around on Amazon and such
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:13:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a Surefire 6XP PRO follow me home from the ammo store this weekend. I love it!

It's not as awesome as the Surefire Fury my ex-GF stole, but the battery lasts longer so there's that.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:16:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You need a pistol, or a 500 lumen flashlight, or OC spray, or a big mean dag. No, actually get all of those things. Yes, that'll do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some friends are suggesting Mean Green
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:16:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, love my surefire. Sturdy little thing.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:22:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. That is the one to get.

I would get tear gassed again probably 100 times before being sprayed with that stuff even a little bit. It's bad.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:25:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

All the time or just this time?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:26:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I would get tear gassed again probably 100 times before being sprayed with that stuff even a little bit. It's bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm looking around on google as far as the laws in AZ for having that shit.  Sent a message to the Fox Labs people, too.  Google says it's ok, but I want to know for sure before I order some of that stuff
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:27:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I work 1:30pm-10pm now, with a one mile walk to and from.  I wouldn't say I'm paranoid, but I just generally am not so much a fan of walking late-ish at night by myself.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:27:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes, love my surefire. Sturdy little thing.
View Quote

Indeed.

It's like taking a bath in retina-searing, intense light.

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:29:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I work 1:30pm-10pm now, with a one mile walk to and from.  I wouldn't say I'm paranoid, but I just generally am not so much a fan of walking late-ish at night by myself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah.

I preferred taking my walks in the late late night.  But I had a gun.  Makes a difference.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:30:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ah.

I preferred taking my walks in the late late night.  But I had a gun.  Makes a difference.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah.

Yeah, see, if I had a firearm I think I wouldn't be so worried.  

As far as being outside in general, I vastly prefer night Cooler and no day star making my eyeballs hurt and causing headaches
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:32:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm looking around on google as far as the laws in AZ for having that shit.  Sent a message to the Fox Labs people, too.  Google says it's ok, but I want to know for sure before I order some of that stuff
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In AZ you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:36:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hm. Good May buy myself some this week-ish.  I got a desk and two small book cases this weekend though, so I'm kinda tapped out for disposable $ for a little
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:37:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Laws?  On pepper spray?

Never heard of such a thing.  *shrug*
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:38:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Laws?  On pepper spray?

View Quote

Eh, I feel like there are some states that have some restrictions on owning pepper spray type stuff.  Just wanna make sure I don't get in trouble for anything
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:41:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've become a big fan of the Asp key defender for the ease of carry. It's also refillable and has a sturdy aluminum body that can be used as a cubatan.

when I lost my surefire and couldn't afford a new one I got a streamlight protac 2l. It's a solid budget light.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:41:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hm. Good May buy myself some this week-ish.  I got a desk and two small book cases this weekend though, so I'm kinda tapped out for disposable $ for a little
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm right there with you. I thought it would be a great idea to go out and buy 1000 rounds of 9mm range ammo and a whole bunch of other goodies this weekend (like the above flashlight). Now I can't spend any more money on random stuff until the 15th. When I get the next check, it gets to fund a new paver driveway so I'll quit getting stuck in the yard every time it rains (it's currently raining, btw).
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:44:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Eh, I feel like there are some states that have some restrictions on owning pepper spray type stuff.  Just wanna make sure I don't get in trouble for anything
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Laws?  On pepper spray?

it AZ, you could open carry a belt fed and the cops would probably applaud as you went by.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:44:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Laws?  On pepper spray?

it AZ, you could open carry a belt fed and the cops would probably applaud as you went by.

ETA: double taps are AZ compliant.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:47:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've become a big fan of the Asp key defender for the ease of carry. It's also refillable and has a sturdy aluminum body that can be used as a cubatan.

when I lost my surefire and couldn't afford a new one I got a streamlight protac 2l. It's a solid budget light.
View Quote

I was recommended the Streamlight 88850
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:47:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Laws?  On pepper spray?

Meh.

Honestly, in my experience cops around here tend to be nice to nice people.  More so with women with safety related things.  Maybe it is a little bit of sexism - I don't know.  
~"Do you have any weapons?"  "Yes sir."  "Alright, be safe and have a good night."  

I think I have heard rumor of a certain length of blade being illegal here but never had cops ask what weapons I have so never has been a problem.
*Not that I make a point of dealing with the fuzz*  
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:48:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Laws?  On pepper spray?

That is about true.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:51:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Laws?  On pepper spray?

I don't know I'm a good little follow the rules something something.. so I wanted to check
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:58:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I don't know I'm a good little follow the rules something something.. so I wanted to check
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Laws?  On pepper spray?

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 4:01:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never really looked at getting pepper spray before. And my family in general is super anti-gun.. so I'm playing catch up.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 4:03:05 AM EDT
[#29]
OMG - So I am playing on FB, and a friend shared this "what does your taste in men's facial hair say about you" thingy.
Made me think of fiver. Why?

On soul patch it said "if you like this look you probably like it up the pooper"

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#30]
 Just remembering the Nights.

The stuff we did.

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:08:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Hola.  The package is in the mail.  I repeat - the package is in the mail.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Oh my god, it's starting to look like a rifle stock!  

I figured it would be a little work, but never figured I'd have this many parts.

Out of the box:

Current:

Thanks, backbencher! This is gonna be awesome when it's done!
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I highly recommend building it completely a couple of times before you break out the glue.  And it's pretty important to have the rods sorted into the three sizes before you glue them.  You can fix it if you don't, but it's difficult.  Thanks for the unboxing pic.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Not seeing the endcaps - 2 great big 1/8th spheres.  Were they in the package?

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Good question...I see he's got a dillo he threw down the driveway, and/or sanded the edges of, but I don't see any spheres
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I highly recommend building it completely a couple of times before you break out the glue.  And it's pretty important to have the rods sorted into the three sizes before you glue them.  You can fix it if you don't, but it's difficult.  Thanks for the unboxing pic.

View Quote

This is a dry run. I took your advice.

I do have everything sorted by size and color, including the rods being in three separate groups.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Not seeing the endcaps - 2 great big 1/8th spheres.  Were they in the package?

View Quote

The spheres are here. They were on the edge of the desk and may have been blending in when I took the shot.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Good question...I see he's got a dillo he threw down the driveway, and/or sanded the edges of, but I don't see any spheres
View Quote

Yeah, that thing's been around the block a time or two. It seems that aluminum can openers, even 7075 T-6 aluminum can openers, have a finite lifespan.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Just FYI, the colors are in no particular order, as you can paint it anyway you like.  That's why the directions are in black and white.

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#40]
What up, Night Crew?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:32:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just FYI, the colors are in no particular order, as you can paint it anyway you like.  That's why the directions are in black and white.

View Quote

I'm staggering them by color, where applicable.

For the record, it would be a little bit easier if they were colored in the pictures... Though I have no doubt you'd not like to take and post that many pictures again.

Here's where I am now.

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Coming right along.  I could do the instructions in color, but then I'd have to buy the bricks in the same color each time.  It's a bit less expensive to buy the bricks we need in the cheapest color, and then you can paint it.

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Alright! I think I've got it down now. (Still on the dry run)

It only took 1 swig of Jameson, 6 assorted beers, a beat-up old LaRue Lifer Dillo (not mine), 3 assorted handguns, an M44 Mosin, and about 3 hours.

I wonder what I'll need to do it the second time around with the glue and epoxy??
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:04:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Coming right along.  I could do the instructions in color, but then I'd have to buy the bricks in the same color each time.  It's a bit less expensive to buy the bricks we need in the cheapest color, and then you can paint it.

View Quote

Not so much. The kit parts could be different from what's in the picture, it would just help allow a quicker understanding what you're looking at in all of the pictures if they were colored. (Black on black and black on dark gray is a bit hard to see in some shots.)
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#45]
BTW, might want to have a spare tube of superglue on hand.  I use about 3 little tubes, and .85 fl oz of 2 part epoxy.

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:09:08 PM EDT
[#46]
True on the pictures.  Did you have any trouble enlarging them?

Looks good.  Got all the steel rods in place?  Any of them a little too long?

You'll want to test fit to your mil-spec dia tube, and you'll see it's a very tight fit.

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#47]
BeepBeep!
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
BeepBeep!
View Quote

Howdy, TG!
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:35:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Howdy, TG!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BeepBeep!

Howdy, TG!

I got me a doughnut today.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Feeling really good the last couple days.  Better than I have in a long time.

Good thing because I am in dire need of good studying.  
Page / 101
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top