Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2001 2:02:16 PM EDT
Fellows, I am new to these wonderful firearms and am desperate to get going - I have about 800/900 green ones - now what do I buy? It looks like there are tons of armories out there - I want a carbine - a decent and reliable shooter - is there one company that makes the best? Sorry if this is going to cause some debate!!!! Cheers H
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 2:08:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Go here -

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/announcement.html?id=15#lastPost[/url]

Buy it now and then sit back and grin about what a damn good deal you got!!!!

I am serious about the above, if you have any questions or comments I'll be glad to help.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 2:09:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Kevin beat me to it.best deal around.mmk
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#5]
limey68,
  Check around. Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt, etc.
  But the best deal out there is the AR15.com LEGP!
  And you'll have cash left over to buy ammunition and accessories.

The Cavalry Arms rifles do look pretty cool. If you bought a LEGP carbine and a Cav Arms lower it's only $945.00. That's what I would do.

If I could.

Stupid CA laws.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By operator error:
limey68,
  Check around. Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt, etc.
  But the best deal out there is the AR15.com LEGP!
  And you'll have cash left over to buy ammunition and accessories.

The Cavalry Arms rifles do look pretty cool. If you bought a LEGP carbine and a Cav Arms lower it's only $945.00. That's what I would do.

If I could.

Stupid CA laws.
View Quote

Should I mention that if a few more AR15.com Cav. Arms lowers* are purchased with LEGP rifle there will be a drawing for a complete CAV-15?

* Different than the LEGP rifle, find the details in the link posted above.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah Kevin, rub it in. Kick me while I'm down. No mercy.

Lucky bastards.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 3:18:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Bushmaster. Not saying the other ones suck, but you won't go wrong with a Bushy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#9]
For that price range your best bet would be a Bushmaster.  Not trying to piss anyone off, that's just my opinion.[url]www.bushmaster.com[/url]

mattjedi[x]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top