Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2001 8:29:01 AM EDT
A bud of mine wants a .25 automatic.  NOTHING ELSE BUT A .25!!!!!!
He wants it a a little thing to stash places when he needs that extra bang, or pop in this case.
Please post ANY .25 automatics(with names), NO revolvers, so I can show him the different modles available...

Thanks in advanse...

BISHOP
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:33:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Friends dont let friends carry .25 autos.
Hoever I think the Colt Jr.(Astra) with the hammer is one of the better and safer ones.
Id get a NAA Gaurdian in 32
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:34:06 AM EDT
[#2]
why does he intenmd to piss the guy off??

any way personly i dont want to be show with anything from a bb gun to a 20mm vulvan on up
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:44:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Beretta has a couple, the Jetfire and the Model 21.  You might tell your friend that he can also get .22 LR in the same guns, or can even go up to a .32 without much increase in size (Beretta, North American Guardian, Atagua Arms).
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:45:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
any way personly i dont want to be show with anything from a bb gun to a 20mm vulvan on up
View Quote

Lets see, a bb is .177 caliber.  So I can shoot you if I find smaller rounds somewhere?
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:47:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Here are some:  [url]http://www.la-sheriff.org/sites/pistol/frmsideA.htm[/url]

BTW, I agree, why piss somebody off with a .25?  Yep, that's right, I'm so tough that you're actually better off not shooting me!  Unlike mere mortals, I am bulletproof and do not believe that people are injured by or die from .25 ACP and lesser pistols.  That reminds me of that utterly retarded Jeff "Call me God" Cooper comparison of a fight between two people in an elevator.  You get to pick, either a hatchet or a .25 auto pistol.  Which would you choose?  The Right Reverend Pontificator Col Jeff Jesus Christ Cooper Allmighty the First (PBUH) sagely counsels that he would rather take his chances with a hatchet.

What a maroon.  I'll take the .25 auto.  When's the last time somebody brought a fucking hatchet into an elevator?

Superman out.

BTW 10 minutes after he buys a .25, he'll be wanting and needing more.  Start him off cheap, ease him into it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#6]
as much as i like to poke fun at a 25 it is still better than throwing a rock at someone but just by a tiny margin
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got two of these little fun guns, one each in Colt and Beretta.  The Beretta is a gold-tone frame model from the late '50s.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 11:29:07 AM EDT
[#9]

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=51205&a=532526&p=11727872&Sequence=1&res[/img]

This is the 22lr model but they make a .25 thats looks exactly like it.They cost around $139 to $159.If I'm going somewhere that is it hard to carry CCW I carry this because you can't notice it. When I have looser clothing on I carry my Sig 232 .380, and in the winter sometimes I carry my H&K USP .45.The stopping power isn't there but it's better than be naked!

John[heavy]

Link Posted: 4/17/2001 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#10]
The Berretta 950BS is the best of the bunch. Small accurate and relible. I have two of them.
I have havested more small game animals with the 950 than with any of my other handguns. why? becuase its always in my pocket and available for targets of opportunity.

Link Posted: 4/17/2001 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Just to add a note:

Don't by a TITAN, RAVEN, LORCIN or PHOENIX ARMS!! I'm sure there are a few others I'm missing. Taurus is the lowest quality gun I would trust.Another thing about 22's and 25's they are picky about what type & Brand ammo you use. Mine likes CCI Stingers, standard ammo seems to jam.

Good Luck!

John[heavy]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Berretta 950BS is the best of the bunch. Small accurate and relible. I have two of them.
I have havested more small game animals with the 950 than with any of my other handguns. why? becuase its always in my pocket and available for targets of opportunity.

View Quote

Yeah, I bought one years ago for my wife. Its a decent gun and it suits her fine, she is of small stature and doesn't like heavier guns. I wish she liked or could use something bigger but its works fine. I even like it, strange enough, and its better than nothing!!

Link Posted: 4/17/2001 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#13]
most accurate .25acp i've ever seen and the only one that i have personally owned was made in germany by erma werke. i cant remember the model designation.

it was blued with wood grips. very thin with a seven shot magazine. everything would run through it. 2" group at 25 yards. nice crisp trigger pull. my first handgun. now i buy kimbers, colt, glock, walther, cz, and in the future a sig p220.

crawl before you walk[:D]

pistol shootin' lib out... [pistol]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#14]
why not just get a 380 ppk or something
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#15]
cyrax there's just something neat about the little '.25s.  About a third the size of my Makarov, both '.25s can fit in one little wood case, ammo is inexpensive and both are well-designed.  They grow on you.  My Beretta is a model 418 with the '47 frame/'48 action. Gipa of Italy has a great comprehensive history site with photos.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Personally I'd opt for a Seecamp, NAA Guardian etc. in .32 ACP. All of the .25's mentioned are nice guns, from my limited experience with them.
However, I've got to disagree with Beagle on the comment about the Raven's. Though I've seen the light, and moved to a .32 for the teeny gun social events, I still have my (2)Raven's and they still go bang everytime I pull the trigger.
I've pulled the trigger on them a fair number of times too, as I've had them for over 20 years.
Nowaday's they pretty much stay in my safe until I need to pull them out to show someone that "inexpensive" isn't necessarily bad, but the .32 has 2 times the power in the same compact size. Still ain't a lot of power mind you, but it's definitely better than a rock.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Can't get much smaller than my Bauer stainless Baby Browing clone. Also have a Beretta 418 (original James Bond gun.) Still, the smallest thing I carry is my KelTec P-32. If your friend wants something a little "different" he could look for a .25 Braverman pen gun. Not an auto but still pretty cool
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#18]
A Kel-Tec P32, in .32auto of course, is worth looking at. I got one in December, but I haven't shot it much, so I can't speak to its reliability yet but reviews have been generally favorable. I've also had a Beretta M21 in .22cal. for awhile, and with CCI Stingers its always functioned well. No personal experience with the .25auto.
Mike
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Try to get him to go for something like the Kel-Tec P32. Very accurate.

[img]http://content.communities.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=view_photo&ID_Community=TheRipper1&ID_Topic=1&ID_Message=32[/img]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Yo holmes, I gots a raven 25. A pre-phoenix raven in fact, chrome with pearly grips. Actually its pretty reliable, never misfired. Heavy POS cast zinc slide though, and single action with a crappy safety (I wouldn't carry it cocked and locked). Blowback operated guns generally suck. I also have a beretta 21a in .22, which is smaller, lighter than the raven, but is picky with ammo (stingers only, please). Heavy DA trigger too (a fun shooter). I must say the kel-tec P32 is far smaller, lighter, and thinner than either, is locked breach (less recoil, more reliable), has a better trigger (DAO, super light, 5lb I think), and packs a far more powerful round. The keltec always rides in my backpocket. Your friend should consider a .22lr instead (at least), cheaper and better stopping power (marginally more anyway).
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Is there much power difference between the .25 and the .22 to justify just not getting a .22 in that situation?  Ammo would be much cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#22]
well 25 has less chance of a bad round
but the stopping power is about the same
hmm maybe i can talk my Grandpa out of one of the 25's he got  way back for free a fair price for one he says
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Seriously, I've got a chrome Raven .25, and a [b]Gold-plated[/b] Lorcin .25. Neither of them are worthy of being a primary defense weapon, but either of them would make a good back-up for the back-up. I prefer the Raven to the Lorcin, it seems a little more accurate, and it's been completely reliable. At least as far as .25s go.
In this (old)picture you can see them on each end of the pistol row:
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=245842&a=1842204&p=35115087&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#24]
BTW, I second the suggestion for the Kel-Tec P-32. I got one for my mom, and she loves it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top