Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 4/25/2014 6:21:51 AM EDT
Hello,

First of all, I apologize ahead of time if I am posting this in the wrong section. I am new to ARs and this is my first AR build. I'm also new to these forums.

Recently I ordered some parts from PSA in order to build my first AR-15. I had heard great things about them so I assumed there wouldn't be any issues. So I placed my order for an upper receiver and this LPK:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/palmetto-state-armory-classic-lpk.html

I placed my order last Saturday night (borderline Sunday night) and I bought this item during their Easter sale for $49.99. However, this item is now (after the sale is over) 39.99. I contacted PSA this morning and spoke to a representative and they said there is nothing they can do for me, they can't credit me for 10 bucks nor can they exchange the LPK kit for the MOE one they have on sale now of equal value. My order hasn't even shipped yet either, so I don't see why they wouldn't be able to.

I know its not a big deal (its just 10 bucks) but it sort of doesn't make PSA's customer service appear all that great. They can't stand behind their pricing or their items? I am building another AR-15 for my girlfriend next month, I think I'll go elsewhere for my parts, even if I have to pay a little more. Thanks for hearing me out, I just wanted to inform others of what happened and maybe get some suggestions for alternatives to PSA.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:44:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Cancel and re order?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:45:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Cancel and re order?
View Quote

Won't that delay my order even more? How long before they refund the money to my card? I just get why they can't credit me the 10 dollars.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:46:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cancel and re order?
View Quote

Won't that delay my order even more? How long before they refund the money to my card? I just get why they can't credit me the 10 dollars.
View Quote

Because you purchased it at $49.99

If I buy a chicken sandwich from Mcdonalds today and tomorrow they knock 25 cents off the price should I go back and demand money?

If its that big a deal cancel and re-order as was said
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:49:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote

If I buy a chicken sandwich from Mcdonalds today and tomorrow they knock 25 cents off the price should I go back and demand money?

Yeah, basically this.

I think you're being a little unreasonable. You purchased those items at the list price. At the time, that price was good enough for you. Just because it went on sale now doesn't mean you deserve to get the sale price. You agreed to the original price.

If you want to take advantage of the sale, cancel, re-order, and get put to the back of the line.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:51:54 AM EDT
[#5]
If the $10 is bothering you.. imagine the 3 week wait you got coming..  

I would let it go and suck it up..

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:54:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cancel and re order?
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

As I stated before, the 10 bucks don't bother me. What does bother me is that the item hasn't shipped yet and yet their advertise price is lower than the price I paid.

If I go to mcdonalds and I pay 2 bucks, I get the sandwich and I consume it right away. If tomorrow its 1 dollar, I won't complain because I have the product in my hand, I consumed it. In this case the item hasn't even been shipped yet.

I don't think I'm being particularly unreasonable, if this happened with Amazon or any other retailer they would without question credit me the money. I know because it has happened before.

Note: The item was on sale for a higher price than it is when the sale has passed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:57:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

As I stated before, the 10 bucks don't bother me. What does bother me is that the item hasn't shipped yet and yet their advertise price is lower than the price I paid.

If I go to mcdonalds and I pay 2 bucks, I get the sandwich and I consume it right away. If tomorrow its 1 dollar, I won't complain because I have the product in my hand, I consumed it. In this case the item hasn't even been shipped yet.

I don't think I'm being particularly unreasonable, if this happened with Amazon or any other retailer they would without question credit me the money. I know because it has happened before.

Note: The item was on sale for a higher price than it is when the sale has passed.
View Quote

Then cancel and re-order. Do research before you buy. PSA ships slow as shit. They are not Amazon

I predict next week we will see another thread boo-hooing about how you still dont have your LPK you re-ordered
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:04:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, basically this.

I think you're being a little unreasonable. You purchased those items at the list price. At the time, that price was good enough for you. Just because it went on sale now doesn't mean you deserve to get the sale price. You agreed to the original price.

If you want to take advantage of the sale, cancel, re-order, and get put to the back of the line.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:08:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Then cancel and re-order. Do research before you buy. PSA ships slow as shit. They are not Amazon

I predict next week we will see another thread boo-hooing about how you still dont have your LPK you re-ordered
View Quote

Its almost like you aren't reading what I am saying.

I am not complaining about the slow shipping, I understand they are slow due to the large volume. I mentioned Amazon because if during a sale they offer a product for a lower price than they do after the sale (this would never happen). They would without question credit you the difference. Why? Because they have excellent customer service.

My intention, was to see if anyone else had experienced this, and to inform people that PSA "sales" are apparently bullshit. Seeing as they list items for a lower price after the sale than they do during it. Lastly, my goal was to ask for alternatives to PSA. Its 10 dollars now, I don't know if next time it'll be a different issue that will be much more money. Point being, in my opinion, its bad customer service.

I'm not going to place the order again because that it is bullshit to go through that trouble just for 10 dollars and potentially delay my order. My goal was to inform and to ask for alternatives.

No one here is QQing, and I don't want to turn this into an argument either. So please take the time to read my post and understand what I am trying to say. I apologize if I am not expressing myself in a manner that relays the information accurately.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:11:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry OP,

I don't agree with you on this one. You bought at the price you bought, period.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:11:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Doesn't sound like bad customer service at all

You agreed to purchase an item for a set price. Sometime later it goes on sale. You think you are owed back money and comparing a small company like PSA to a multi-billion dollar per year business such as Amazon. Amazon can eat $10 from a few chuckleheads that want to bitch and moan. I say tough shit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:14:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You agreed to purchase an item for a set price. Sometime later it goes on sale. You think you are owed back money and comparing a small company like PSA to a multi-billion dollar per year business such as Amazon. Amazon can eat $10 from a few chuckleheads that want to bitch and moan. I say tough shit.
View Quote

Dude, I have explained this multiple times now.
The item was on SALE for a higher price than it was AFTER the sale (i.e. when the sale was over and it went back to its regular price).

Either way, thanks to all that replied. Mods can close the topic. I don't mind losing the 10 bucks, I just find the precedent it sets. In my mind, I don't plan to buy anything from PSA again. Cheers.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:16:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Free market. Business's may drop or lower the prices as they seem fit. And if you look the new price is actually a sale. Normal price is $69.99

Not sticking up for PSA either, I don't buy their crap.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:18:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Its almost like you aren't reading what I am saying.

I am not complaining about the slow shipping, I understand they are slow due to the large volume. I mentioned Amazon because if during a sale they offer a product for a lower price than they do after the sale (this would never happen). They would without question credit you the difference. Why? Because they have excellent customer service.

My intention, was to see if anyone else had experienced this, and to inform people that PSA "sales" are apparently bullshit. Seeing as they list items for a lower price after the sale than they do during it. Lastly, my goal was to ask for alternatives to PSA. Its 10 dollars now, I don't know if next time it'll be a different issue that will be much more money. Point being, in my opinion, its bad customer service.

I'm not going to place the order again because that it is bullshit to go through that trouble just for 10 dollars and potentially delay my order. My goal was to inform and to ask for alternatives.

No one here is QQing, and I don't want to turn this into an argument either. So please take the time to read my post and understand what I am trying to say. I apologize if I am not expressing myself in a manner that relays the information accurately.
View Quote

I think it is you not understanding what everyone else is saying. You were willing to pay $10 more when you ordered it, and now you want them to jump through hoops for you. You are being a high-maintenance PITA customer. Cancel. Reorder.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:19:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The item was on SALE for a higher price than it was AFTER the sale (i.e. when the sale was over and it went back to its regular price).

Either way, thanks to all that replied. Mods can close the topic. I don't mind losing the 10 bucks, I just find the precedent it sets. In my mind, I don't plan to buy anything from PSA again. Cheers.
View Quote

I'm sure PSA is cheering into their coffee at the thought.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:20:14 AM EDT
[#16]
OP

Cancel and reorder!!!!   And research PSA.

This is the way of the force.  Nobodies picking on you and that's the way it works.  Try another vendor if you don't like what PSA is doing.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:20:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Cancel and re order?
View Quote

Cancel.  If they wanted to...of course they could give it to you at the cheaper price.  Get a manager involved....don't know until you push the issue...which I would.

Gunbroker always has a lot of LPK's.  :

http://www.gunbroker.com/AR15-Parts/BI.aspx?Keywords=lpk&Condition=1&PageIndex=2
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:21:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

I'm sure PSA is cheering into their coffee at the thought.
View Quote

Right, because a simple exchange is too much to ask for. Fine by me, I'll take my money elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:22:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cancel.  If they wanted to...of course they could give it to you at the cheaper price.  Get a manager involved....don't know until you push the issue...which I would.

http://www.gunbroker.com/AR15-Parts/BI.aspx?Keywords=lpk&Condition=1&PageIndex=2
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cancel and re order?

Thanks for the heads up, gunbroker also has the stuff for a cheaper price too.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:23:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Right, because a simple exchange is too much to ask for. Fine by me, I'll take my money elsewhere.
View Quote

Thread went elsewhere too

I fell sorry for any company OP plans to patronize in the future.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:24:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cancel and re order?

I got my psa lpk there last year.  Lots of others plus the sellers usually ship right away.

Cancel...cancel
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:24:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cancel and re order?

You're new here and probably new to PSA so we'll cut you some slack on this piss poor rant

Quoted:

lulz

I imagine you and I are having the same kinda Friday.
Get 'em boys
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:24:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your money won't buy the same quality parts fr that cheap anywhere else.  So don't let hte door hit you in the ass.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:25:23 AM EDT
[#24]
I agree with the OP on this one.

If I purchase something from a store and a few days later I see that it's cheaper, you bet I'm going back to get an adjustment. Almost all stores, online or local, have a price guarantee policy. This is a basic business principle.
Plus the fact that it didn't even ship yet and they still aren't willing to credit him is insane. That's poor customer service.

OP, if the $10 is worth the extra wait it to you, cancel and reorder. I would also give them a call back ad explain to them that you'd like the credit, and if they can't give it to you then to please cancel the order so you can reorder it at the better price. They'll more than likely just credit you.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:25:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow, you are being generous.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:27:24 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
You're new here and probably new to PSA so we'll cut you some slack on this piss poor rant

lulz

Get 'em boys

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cancel and re order?

Quoted:

lulz

Get 'em boys

Bored friday waiting for the clock to hit 6 so I can go home and crack some beers.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:28:43 AM EDT
[#27]
OP,

it is called life. You bought it at a certain price.

You must have a hard time getting through life.

Buy another one and dollar cost average.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:30:02 AM EDT
[#28]
23 years of gunsmithing has taught me.. Gun people are the cheapest bunch out there. for OP cancel and reorder, if your not happy with the price..
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:30:13 AM EDT
[#29]
OP seriously?

You are now going to base where you take your money off a few guys (one especially who doesn't even like PSA stuff) opinion and not the company you ordered from.

Suggestion..

Get over it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:30:24 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't think PSA has a price match guarantee in the purchase agreement.  

If the purchase agreement doesn't say they'll honor a lower price later down the road, you're stuck at the original purchase price.   That's how contracts work.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:30:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
23 years of gunsmithing has taught me.. Gun people are the cheapest bunch out there. for OP cancel and reorder, if your not happy with the price..
View Quote

10 bucks is 40 rounds of tula. ;)
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:30:53 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote

Might need to break that down Barney style for OP.

$49.99 + second at $39.99 = $89.98

$89.98 total investment divided by two sets brings you to a cost of $44.99 each. is that better for you OP or is that still going to make you wail and get your panties in a wad?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:31:39 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, you're use to getting bent over the barrel.

Should be easy for you
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:31:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:31:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If I purchase something from a store and a few days later I see that it's cheaper, you bet I'm going back to get an adjustment. Almost all stores, online or local, have a price guarantee policy. This is a basic business principle.
Plus the fact that it didn't even ship yet and they still aren't willing to credit him is insane. That's poor customer service.

OP, if the $10 is worth the extra wait it to you, cancel and reorder. I would also give them a call back ad explain to them that you'd like the credit, and if they can't give it to you then to please cancel the order so you can reorder it at the better price. They'll more than likely just credit you.
View Quote

Right....most places have some type of price protection.

A manager with any sense at all would credit the difference.

Too much stuff out there to have to deal with that B.S.  

If they wont cancel....return it.   Still have a problem ....dispute with your C.C.   They will side with you over PSA anyday.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:32:11 AM EDT
[#36]
They have sales ALL the time.  It happens to all of us that shop there often.  Sometimes the prices get better, most times they go back to regular price points. Most times if you wait, you'll lose.   Either way, they have very reasonable price points by and large.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:32:22 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

I order a LOT of stuff online, and recently ordered one of their 16" upper deals.  I'm astounded as to how slow they are to ship.

I've ordered stuff directly from China and the UK and gotten it faster.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:32:57 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

OP seriously?

View Quote

You are now going to base where you take your money off a few guys (one especially who doesn't even like PSA stuff) opinion and not the company you ordered from.

Suggestion..

Get over it.

I don't have anything against them, I just don't have any need to purchase from them.

I call everything shit, doesn't mean I think it is shit. My bag is my shit, my wallet holds shit, I put on clothes and shit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:33:15 AM EDT
[#40]
[removed the name calling - Paul]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:33:55 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cancel and re order?

+1 that.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:34:04 AM EDT
[#42]
I purchased an item from PSA; the next day it went on sale for $50 less.

I contacted them immediately and asked if they could credit the difference or should I cancel and re-order.

A week later I get an email that says my request had been passed on to the proper people.

A week after that I get an email that says the item I ordered was currently at the price I paid (it had been two weeks; the sale had ended), and that t they needed a current copy of my dealer's FFL

I responded with a dated screen capture showing the sale price less than 24 hours  after I made my purchase (which came with notification that it would take at least 2-3 weeks to ship), and a copy of the FFL.

Dead air.

Two days later I get notification that my purchase has shipped.. No modification had been made to the price.

Last purchase from PSA for me. Lesson learned.  I will wait for something when I am told up front that it will take time to ship; I won't pay extra for the privilege.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:34:19 AM EDT
[#43]
PSA vs. FSA up in this thread. Suck it up OP.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:34:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:35:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hello,

First of all, I apologize ahead of time if I am posting this in the wrong section. I am new to ARs and this is my first AR build. I'm also new to these forums.

Recently I ordered some parts from PSA in order to build my first AR-15. I had heard great things about them so I assumed there wouldn't be any issues. So I placed my order for an upper receiver and this LPK:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/palmetto-state-armory-classic-lpk.html

I placed my order last Saturday night (borderline Sunday night) and I bought this item during their Easter sale for $49.99. However, this item is now (after the sale is over) 39.99. I contacted PSA this morning and spoke to a representative and they said there is nothing they can do for me, they can't credit me for 10 bucks nor can they exchange the LPK kit for the MOE one they have on sale now of equal value. My order hasn't even shipped yet either, so I don't see why they wouldn't be able to.

I know its not a big deal (its just 10 bucks) but it sort of doesn't make PSA's customer service appear all that great. They can't stand behind their pricing or their items? I am building another AR-15 for my girlfriend next month, I think I'll go elsewhere for my parts, even if I have to pay a little more. Thanks for hearing me out, I just wanted to inform others of what happened and maybe get some suggestions for alternatives to PSA.
View Quote

When I built my first AR, the cheapest kit available was ~$75.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:35:10 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
You must be really bored to be such a dick, or does it come naturally to you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$89.98 total investment divided by two sets brings you to a cost of $44.99 each. is that better for you OP or is that still going to make you wail and get your panties in a wad?

I just hate people that have to whine about every fucking thing in life.

Advice for OP:

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:35:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can use it as a down payment on an AR15.com membership.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:35:26 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote
PSA does not.

And that is not customer service. That is retail.

You are the whiney customers that drive companies bananas over a few dollars.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:35:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have a purdy mouth.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:35:53 AM EDT
[#50]
If something is ordered but not yet shipped and there is a price drop; I believe the customer should be charged the lower price as a good business practice.

When I order an expensive vacation package months in advance and, for some reason there is a decline in price, it is extended to me.

If the item has been shipped I can understand not charging the lower price or offering a refund, but holding the customer to a higher price on an item that hadn't been shipped and is being offered at a lower price is wrong.

That being said; call the fucking waaambulance.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top