Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:[/b]Why the fuck does a state police force have dual 240's... They most certainly do not have a need for those weapons.
View Quote

They are probably the one police force that should be militarized.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There is an intense and rather broad hatred of LE on this board.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So outside of Pensacola today I see a monster three engine 30 foot boat being pulled eastbound on I10 that said "Texas Highway Patrol" on it.  WTF does the Texas HP need a boat especially an offshore one for?

You see, we share a very large river as a border with a nation full of narcos...

and that justifies a state LE agency to have belt fed MG's

God damn there are dense people here.

There is an intense and rather broad hatred of LE on this board.

But...this is a Pro Mil/LE site.  Site staff said so.

Except when a D is in the white house...then all gov is the debil
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I guess I am wrong.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Just the other day there was a thread about agencies with M134 miniguns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?  twin 240s?    And in immaculate straight form the factory condition(aka never been fired aka those deputies probably dont know shit about 240s)?

Guess its a good as way as any to piss away tax payer money.

Just the other day there was a thread about agencies with M134 miniguns.

Oddly enough, it was the guys from The a Navy that were pushing twin 240s over mini guns as the 240 was easier for the end user to service and wasn't as problematic under harsh conditions.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Dear Gov Perry,

I would very much like to join the Republic of Texas' Navy.

Sincerly,

Capt Kenny W.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

IIRC, there are three mounts.   One in the front and two towards the rear.
Total of six M240Bs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking dual dual mounted .50s.

Texas! Fuck yeah!

-p.

Not 50s.     .308.

And quad dual, not dual dual.  

Whatthefuck.  I've seen the boat on the highway.  Monster.

-p.

IIRC, there are three mounts.   One in the front and two towards the rear.
Total of six M240Bs.

4 mounts, 8 M240Bs
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well I guess I am wrong.

View Quote

At least you are willing to admit it, unlike some of the goofballs here.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:26:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Call Sign "Streetgang"?

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#11]
So when exactly is the last time if ever the Texas Highway Patrol has gotten into a heavy, sustained long range gun battle with cartel members?  Ive never read any news stories of any happening.

No one is doubting that the job can be dangers and that gun fire isnt exchanged every so often between cartel drug runners and law enforcement.  But to sit there and say there is a legit need for that many 240s is beyond laughable.  Its a damn waste of tax payer money.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Flooding down in Texas huh? Seems legit
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Well, is that a Mk19?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sign out, go get some life experience, and try again.  

You don't know what you don't know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy crap, dual 240's!?

That is definitely one thing that police do not need.

These guys are locking horns with Mexican drug cartels and military.  They most certainly have a need for those weapons.

So shouldn't the CBP be running the show when it comes to international boarders? Maybe the USCG? National Guard?

Why the fuck does a state police force have dual 240's... They most certainly do not have a need for those weapons.

I am just saying that it is wrong for a state police force to be "locking horns" with a foreign military. In my opinion the right response is to use the correct force in that situation. It is definitely not the job of a state police force. People are making it clear they are picking up the slack due to lack of response of the correct agencies. So it jives, I guess. Hopefully one day whoever is stopping the CBP from doing their job will get fired.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So when exactly is the last time if ever the Texas Highway Patrol has gotten into a heavy, sustained long range gun battle with cartel members?  Ive never read any news stories of any happening.

No one is doubting that the job can be dangers and that gun fire isnt exchanged every so often between cartel drug runners and law enforcement.  But to sit there and say there is a legit need for that many 240s is beyond laughable.  Its a damn waste of tax payer money.
View Quote

There is a lot that does not make the news.  
2011 or 12 was the last big shootout.
Falcon lake is pretty sketchy also.   I don't think they ever found the guy that was shot at then abducted while jet skiing.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There are places that the Border Patrol don't go at night unless they just absolutely have to.

Old mines Road is one of them.   They put remote cameras out there and haul ass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those who haven't lived on the border of Mexico will never understand

No shit.

There are places that the Border Patrol don't go at night unless they just absolutely have to.

Old mines Road is one of them.   They put remote cameras out there and haul ass.

Use to hunt out that way. Our group decided it was time to move a bit further north after watching a police chase from our camp on a hill that resulted in a couple of shot up trucks.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you live in Texas or pay taxes there?

What makes you think tax dollars paid for it?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Some people need to check this site out more often.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stuff like that usually comes from federal grants. I don't know if that is specifically the case here.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All paid for by our very high state income taxes.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
Considering Mexican drug cartels have been know to ambush and pick fights with more than a few heavily armed MX cops I would think the gunboats are a good way to send the "don't fuck with us" message while they conduct their patrols.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Poor OP, this thread didn't go the way he wanted it to go.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Stuff like that usually comes from federal grants. I don't know if that is specifically the case here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

.....or seized assets.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read that part of the 3.3 million spent on all 6 boats came from DHS grants.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See. There ya go. The Feds can't seem to do the job so they let the Troopers do it and the Feds foot the  bill. Win win.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:46:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have zero problem with that too.  It's not like the US Gov't is hurting for 240's.  They're not even that expensive - unless you have one of the few civilian legal MG's.

Texas using these during a traffic stop on I10?  I could see a legitimate complaint and question about that one.  Using them against what amounts to a heavily armed aggressor force on a hostile border, cool with me.  I think it'd be cool if they would provide a grant for these for ranchers that deal with cartel incursions too.  But it won't happen.  The Fed Gov't would rather play political pandering games to a voting block than deal with what amounts to be a clear and present() danger.

We should all be able to afford and buy these.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I have zero problem with that too.  It's not like the US Gov't is hurting for 240's.  They're not even that expensive - unless you have one of the few civilian legal MG's.

Texas using these during a traffic stop on I10?  I could see a legitimate complaint and question about that one.  Using them against what amounts to a heavily armed aggressor force on a hostile border, cool with me.  I think it'd be cool if they would provide a grant for these for ranchers that deal with cartel incursions too.  But it won't happen.  The Fed Gov't would rather play political pandering games to a voting block than deal with what amounts to be a clear and present() danger.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except they havent been used against any aggressor .
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Yellowfin built the boats, and they are as top tier as you can get in the center console world.

http://www.yellowfin.com/os32.html
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Dupe?
You know the golf of Mexico borders Texas....right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So outside of Pensacola today I see a monster three engine 30 foot boat being pulled eastbound on I10 that said "Texas Highway Patrol" on it.  WTF does the Texas HP need a boat especially an offshore one for?

Dupe?
You know the golf of Mexico borders Texas....right?

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As is the case with many weapon platforms, deterrence is also a powerful force.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not yet, maybe.  But it's not like there haven't been previous examples of Mexican military HMMWV's with M2's facing down American LEO's.  You can't deny the threat is legitimate and exists.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Wow, 3 300hp Merc's and 2 twin M240's! That is all about winning!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Not yet, maybe.  But it's not like there haven't been previous examples of Mexican military HMMWV's with M2's facing down American LEO's.  You can't deny the threat is legitimate and exists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isnt that what the government says as it archives all your digital data?  Theres a chance a asteroid can land on my head, doesnt mean I build a bunker a mile below the surface.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Isnt that what the government says as it archives all your digital data?  Theres a chance a asteroid can land on my head, doesnt mean I build a bunker a mile below the surface.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Giving 13er's a run for their money I see.  

So what should Texas be using to defend it's border with Mexico?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im curious- is there a reason you picked your screen name?

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just Googled it. Seems connected to a bunch of WoW shit.

Help a brother out.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:21:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well, is that a Mk19?
View All Quotes

yep, on the Floating Fortress outfitted by Red Jacket
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When was the last time we used nukes since WW2? Guess we should get rid of those?

When was the last time you used a gun to defend your home? Guess you should give them up, huh?

Why do you need an AR-15? A handgun will do just fine. Give up you long guns!

Why do you need more than one gun? One gun is all you need to protect yourself.

Why do you stock disaster supplies? When was the last time you needed those? Throw them all out!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:05:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

1. Read the thread, examples have been given
2. RRead up on the concept of the threat of force as a deterrent
3. Not sure about the cost of the boats bit I bet you paid more for the last AR you bought than they did for one of the 240s
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:08:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I am just saying that it is wrong for a state police force to be "locking horns" with a foreign military. In my opinion the right response is to use the correct force in that situation. It is definitely not the job of a state police force. People are making it clear they are picking up the slack due to lack of response of the correct agencies. So it jives, I guess. Hopefully one day whoever is stopping the CBP from doing their job will get fired.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy crap, dual 240's!?

That is definitely one thing that police do not need.

These guys are locking horns with Mexican drug cartels and military.  They most certainly have a need for those weapons.

So shouldn't the CBP be running the show when it comes to international boarders? Maybe the USCG? National Guard?

Why the fuck does a state police force have dual 240's... They most certainly do not have a need for those weapons.

Quite frankly, nobody on the border gives a shit what you are saying.   The options for Texas are to either step up to the plate or accept the the border region as lost.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:09:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:49:50 AM EDT
[#43]

I had to sit on 83 last year because DPS and BP closed it down do to a shootout near the Gates and Galvan ranches.
Damn I'm at Gates Ranch almost everyday
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:58:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Just because
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:22:25 AM EDT
[#45]
I love the fact that there are people whining about this, and they're not even certain why they're whining.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:25:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Why ask a question like this?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:27:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geez, guys. Be sure to not mention how DPS deploys the helicopters in support of the border operations...

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:32:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Shoot back at Mexicans.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:46:33 AM EDT
[#49]
It is really bad here.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:56:53 AM EDT
[#50]
And how did I want it to go?  Poor GD always thinks every Leo thread is a bashing thread  I have lived on the border and I know the dangers of what goes on down there.  I lived outside of Huachca very close to the border.  I commend the DPS for stepping up and doing a job FBHO's admin won't do or allow to be done at the federal level.  When I think "highway patrol" I think staties in drill instructor hats with well groomed mustaches not well armed militarized offshore/river boats.  I figured DHS/coast guard would be doing that mission.  I have said it for years that we need to militarize our borders down south.  I'm talking FOBs and patrols of AD/ANG.  Sadly I don't see that happening as this admin likes the votes and FSA that comes across.
Quoted:
Poor OP, this thread didn't go the way he wanted it to go.
View Quote
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top