Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2002 4:13:56 PM EDT
I'm trying to identify a movie I saw part of.  Unfortunately, this was several years ago.

It involves about 6 or 10 Vietnam Vets, all running into misfortune of one kind of another, getting killed, put on trial, etc.

I thought Brian Dennehy was in it & so thought that it might be "A Rumor of War"  but after reading a review of that one, I'm not sure about that.

In the movie I saw on TV, there was I think a court-martial happening, with the Dennehy? character getting offed by some kinda poison when his hand was 'accidentally' scratched.

Also, there was some kind of psych manipulation against the guys, who had been ordered into some black op & then had their memories of same wiped out or replaced by the brainwashing.

Anyone know the name of this movie?
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#1]
You're not thinking of Jacob's Ladder, are you?

Hmm..Distant Thunder, maybe?
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You're not thinking of Jacob's Ladder, are you?
View Quote

The plot sounds about right, even though the cast doesn't ring a bell

Hmm..Distant Thunder, maybe?
View Quote

Pretty sure that's not it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Wasn't Jacob's Ladder about the military's experiment with giving the troops some kind of enhanced LSD that caused them to go on an extended "trip" and become some kind of "crazed" killers and then had flashbacks?
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Hard Target ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top