Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2002 6:29:12 PM EDT
I saw the following posted on another website and was wondering if this is true or not:

I try to pass this on to everyone. I know for a fact that this works so if you ever get in this situation, you have an out. To my knowledge this procedure will work an any state. Read it and try it. You have nothing to lose but the points on your license. If you get a traffic citation, then this method should insure that you DO NOT get any points on your DL. When you get the amount of your fine. lets say it's $79.00, then make the check out for $82.00 or a small amount above the fine. The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference, but here's the trick! DO NOT CASH THE CHECK!! Throw it away! Points are not assessed to your license untill all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then transactions are not complete. However the systyem has gotten it's money so it is happy and will not bother you any more!

If anyone has any exprience with this please tell

Link Posted: 12/25/2002 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 12:29:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 12:43:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Urban legend.....

Scott

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:03:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You have nothing to lose but the points on your license.
When you get the amount of your fine. lets say it's $79.00, then make the check out for $82.00 or a small amount above the fine.
View Quote

I suppose you could lose your points AND three bucks.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 7:44:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I saw the following posted on another website and was wondering if this is true or not:

I try to pass this on to everyone. I know for a fact that this works so if you ever get in this situation, you have an out. To my knowledge this procedure will work an any state. Read it and try it. You have nothing to lose but the points on your license. If you get a traffic citation, then this method should insure that you DO NOT get any points on your DL. When you get the amount of your fine. lets say it's $79.00, then make the check out for $82.00 or a small amount above the fine. The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference, but here's the trick! DO NOT CASH THE CHECK!! Throw it away! Points are not assessed to your license untill all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then transactions are not complete. However the systyem has gotten it's money so it is happy and will not bother you any more!

If anyone has any exprience with this please tell

View Quote

This does NOT work in Idaho (Or any other state that I know of?) but each state has different ways of doing things.

In Idaho, at the end of the day the ticket was written you get the points (Fine payed or not, it doesn't matter if you overpay) and if you are proven innocent they are removed from your license.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 7:58:54 AM EDT
[#7]
What is the ticket is from a red-liught camera?  Should one still fight it in court?

GunLvr
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:00:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Just shut up and pay your ticket taxes like good little subjects.
It's all about the money....always follow the money.
[url]http://www.motorists.org/issues/tickets/traffic_ticket_system.html[/url]

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:18:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's all about the money....always follow the money.
[url]http://www.motorists.org/issues/tickets/traffic_ticket_system.html[/url]
View Quote

I agree.

From the NMA website: (sorry about the goofy formatting)

Membership Fees and Categories

1 year 2 years 3 years Life
Individual $35     $60     $85   $550
Family     $45     $80     $115  $750
Business   $75     $140    $200  $1200
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:21:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:28:17 AM EDT
[#11]
polarizer??

info i need info, the bastages have recently started putting the damn cameras up here..
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Best way to do it is to fight the ticket. Have gotten 6 tickets in the past 5 yrs. Only one stuck cause the cop lied on the stand.
View Quote

[b]You[/b] lied your ass off on the other 5. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
polarizer??

info i need info, the bastages have recently started putting the damn cameras up here..
View Quote

[url]http://integrity.eburg.com/shield.html[/url]

[url]http://www.phantomplate.com/[/url]

Hope these sites helps. Although I have heard that some cities are making these illegal now. Not sure on that info yet.

View Quote
thanks!
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Like LT said, your best bet is to fight it and to reschedule as manytimes as they will allow. The average cop is not going to be available for every date.  I had one state trooper stop me and said he had to give me a ticket, I was going about 100mph in a 55 in my new vette.  But he gave me one for no registration and seatbelt!  And he also added that he was on vacation on this week and to goto court and he wouldnt show.  I was right by the hospital and he recognized me from there.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
polarizer??

View Quote

[url]http://integrity.eburg.com/shield.html[/url]

[url]http://www.phantomplate.com/[/url]

Hope these sites helps. Although I have heard that some cities are making these illegal now. Not sure on that info yet.

View Quote

They have always been illegal in Texas. You are not allowed to use any kind of license plate cover at all.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 11:13:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top