Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2002 6:00:47 PM EDT
what if the three woman that ratted out WorldCom, Enron and some other company.. would have simply kept thier traps shut?

Would the American economy be in the state its in today.. Sure ..thier actounting tactics would come back to bite them in the future but then peopele wouldnt be so sacred about the market.. {It would of been just another bankrubcy{sp) in america).

Hell havent companies been doing that for years? hell most still will.. just be even MORE creative in thier actounting.

saw that TIME whated to make them "Persons of the Year"..  and The first thing that came to mind was that if these "Great.. Couraguos women" had kept thier mouth shut... How many people in America would still have jobs?

I sure it was the right thing to do {well actually Im not..} ... but isnt cheating and lieing part of the American Corp heritage?
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I sure it was the right thing to do {well actually Im not..} ... but isnt cheating and lieing part of the American Corp heritage?
View Quote

Right. Ahh...let me see here.  How about if we go to an economy where the government controls everything? we all know there is no such thing as a corrupt government...

Ya know, sooner or later the company would have just collapsed anyway...
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ya know, sooner or later the company would have just collapsed anyway...
View Quote

thats exactly what I was trying to say.. it would of died on its own ..with out destroying the economy.
these companies would of most likey of been sold near the end of thier life with just a few layoffs.. no wide spread panic across the nation and lots of people losing the entire value of thier 401K.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#3]
The publicity added to it because the media saw that Enron donated money to political parties probably didn't help reassure investors that the economy was solid all the way through.  It is quite possible that this would have blown over a little quicker, had Enron not been the forefront of the papers for 6 months, but it was still a multibillion dollar company and very likely would have still drawn attention to itself, though not quite as much...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top