Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2002 11:25:58 AM EDT
Yesterday, I stepped on the cat, who was lounging next to/under the blazing hot woodstove.  Now, I have nearly the whole palm of my left hand in 1 big blister.  My right hand has a spot about the size of a silver dollar, where the outer layer of skin cooked itself to the stove.  Red Meat, baby.  My belly has a blister about 6 inches wide by an inch high.  My right knee has a patch of red meat nearly an inch wide by 5 inches long where the skin was cooked off.

Then I was lucky enough to fall off the stove into the pile of oak in the floor, where I beleive I cracked a couple of ribs.   I need not mention all the associated bruises.

Skip to this morning.  I had put my bride's present in the gun safe....  The fvcker WOULDN"T OPEN!!!  Mechanical lock on a Cannon Safe.  Finally after about 10 tries, I jiggled the handle about time the handle usually opens itself.  I GOT IN!!!

Tried the combo about 30 times since then.  Can't get in the safe.

Merry Christmas, Good People!

Any advice on the Safe???

Thanks,
Tim

Now for the update:

I'm sitting here with both hands, knee, and belly/crotch wrapped in some gawdawful gauze/tape shit that one of my favorite redneck nurses fixed me up in.  I can't hardly type.

The highlight of my day was that I had to change the right front Michelin LTX/AT on my preban C1500 on my way home from work this morning.  Try that with your 2nd degree burned palms and right knee all wrapped up in said gadawful gauze/tape concoction...  Thank God I had a pair of good leather gloves amongst the trash in the floorboard.

Fvck it.  (A few of) My friends at the Hospital love me.  Christmas eve, I got a bottle of Crown Royal from one, Stoli from another, and I'll let you imagine what I got from another.

I was not under the influence of any alcohol or other mind altering substances when the cat/woodstove event ocurred.

If I post further today, you can rest assured that the Stoli will speak for me.  

For now, all I can ask is that God will keep ComputerGuy safe.  If he gets a paper cut, I will surely die a horrible death.

Happy Holidays, whichever you choose to celebrate.

Tim
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Any advice on the Safe???
View Quote

No, but i've got some advice about the cat. [}:D]
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#3]
dude, that sucks.

can the cat, get medical help for the wounds, they could scar pretty bad without help.

call the manufacturer on the safe? if you get it open again, they can tell you how to find out whats wrong. other than that good luck bro..
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#4]
My 8 yr old son got a BB gun for Christmas and I haven't even seen our cat since last night,
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My 8 yr old son got a BB gun for Christmas and I haven't even seen our cat since last night,
View Quote

ROTFLMFAO!!![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hahaha!
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's a good boy!

Tim, hope you ended you Christmas on a better note!
ML
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#8]
You should've gone to the ER right away on the burns.  On some burns, they used to prescribe that silver cream, (I forget what it's called), to help later on.

Don't even think of getting out of bed on Friday the 13ths!
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You should've gone to the ER right away on the burns.  On some burns, they used to prescribe that silver cream, (I forget what it's called), to help later on.

Don't even think of getting out of bed on Friday the 13ths!
View Quote

Just got out of the ER.  Thermazene is what the cream is called.  My friend (the nurse) commented  "At least you put on clean underwear"...   She's such a smartass.  Gotta love her!  

As far as closing the safe back, I'm counting on Cannon's Lifetime  In Home Warranty to kick in.  I left a nice (I swear!!!) email for them Christmas afternoon.  A full report will follow.  As long as TEOTWAWKI doesn't come before they do, we'll be ok.  

Rule #1: NEVER leave EVERYTHING in the safe.

If TSHTF in the meantime, I can get in the safe.  I have the tools.  I have the knowhow.  I just don't want to have to ruin it to get what I need to save my ass. But if it comes to that, so be it.

I'll keep you posted on how the warranty thing goes.

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:15:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:25:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Well Tim I hope everthing started going better!

I was doing pretty good when I went to bed last night (about 11pm) and I wake up this morning with a terrible backache![BD]

Not lower back but just about half way up (or down) and all the way across!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:03:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Glad to see you went to the ER![:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top