Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 18
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#1]
If I take pictures of the labels on the shelves, will they contain the right info?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I should be able to get the info from that.

For example take the American Eagle 223 REM 55GR FMJ 20rd.  You can pull it up on their site using this link.  http://www.walmart.com/ip/17190351

The part of "/ip/" is the product ID and should also be on the price tag on the shelf.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice job OP!

It's a shame it had come to this
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
So I just called the manager of my local one about the in-stock ammo.  He said the ammo has to be up to date and if it is stock, it came off of the truck.  It might not be up front, but they do have it.  If It's gone before tonight I can only assume the employees are buying it before it becomes available to us.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Site is down now.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By blk00ss:

Site is down now.
View Quote

What type of message were you getting?  The site is up and running now but does seem really slow.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:

What type of message were you getting?  The site is up and running now but does seem really slow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Site is down now.

works for me, just tried it. One store near me has .22!!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Still getting runtime error.

I tried a different combo of the stores, as well as ammo, and even selecting all....

Could it be not supported by mozilla? SHould I try chrome or IE instead?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:23:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Works in Firefox & on my Android phone.  Hit two WalMarts both w/ ammo showing in stock, sporting goods employees insist it must be on the truck & they won't have access to it 'til after 10:00 PM - which is after they stop selling ammo...

It does take some time to update.  Try one type of ammo, and a single store #, no commas or spaces, like:    9356
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I did. I did three stores, two stores, then one store. I did all of those with different combos of ammo selected. Not working for me
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Cool. I tried it out and it works. Still no damn .22 though.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By Spankadin:

I did. I did three stores, two stores, then one store. I did all of those with different combos of ammo selected. Not working for me
View Quote

Post the store numbers here and I will take a look at them.  I have run into issues with bad store numbers.  For example I believe some stores are just Walmart neighborhood markets and carry no sporting goods.  A store like that might cause problems.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#13]
How 'real time' is this?

I went to both of the Walmarts in my area that the program said had 22LR in stock. The first didn't have anything at all there and there was noone around to talk to. The second had a lady there that from speaking with her was there pretty much every day and probably had 1000 people ask her about ammo. I told her about an online program and me doing an experiment to see how accurate it was and she told me the last 22LR she had in was almost a week ago and it was gone via neckbeards that same morning.

Just curious how this worked out for everyone else and if I was just unlucky.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 8:17:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4Madness] [#15]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By Spankadin:

View Quote

Store number 704 doesn't seem to be valid any more. When you try this link http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/ca_storefinder_details_short.do?edit_object_id=704 Walmart's site throws an error.

The other store numbers work.  4262 gave me an error the first time around but worked the second time.

4262 shows this .223 in stock.

Store: 4262 - The Villages - (352) 259-0128

4085 Wedgewood Ln

The Villages FL 32162

American Eagle 223 REM 55GR FMJ 20rdLimited stock
http://www.walmart.com/ip/171903510002946506075

Federal Cartridge 5.56mmx45mm 62gr FMJ Ball-Clipped Ammo Can, 420 RoundsLimited stock
http://www.walmart.com/ip/216388330002946556378

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By M4Madness:
What I've found in the past from using a different app is that you need to check every afternoon after trucks arrive (5 PM is usually late enough for my area), and look for ammo that went from out of stock to in stock. That means that it just came in on the truck and has not been unloaded yet. The next thing you need to do is find out what time your store puts it out. Mine puts it out at 7 AM. So, if ammo comes in on an afternoon, I know that it will be put out the next morning.

Swire, I was just trying to log in to your app just to check it out, but the code that you gave me last year for V3 does not work. I assume that code was the password. I can't remember, as it has been almost a year since I looked at your app.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4Madness:

Originally Posted By gammaecho22:

How 'real time' is this?

I went to both of the Walmarts in my area that the program said had 22LR in stock. The first didn't have anything at all there and there was noone around to talk to. The second had a lady there that from speaking with her was there pretty much every day and probably had 1000 people ask her about ammo. I told her about an online program and me doing an experiment to see how accurate it was and she told me the last 22LR she had in was almost a week ago and it was gone via neckbeards that same morning.

Just curious how this worked out for everyone else and if I was just unlucky.

What I've found in the past from using a different app is that you need to check every afternoon after trucks arrive (5 PM is usually late enough for my area), and look for ammo that went from out of stock to in stock. That means that it just came in on the truck and has not been unloaded yet. The next thing you need to do is find out what time your store puts it out. Mine puts it out at 7 AM. So, if ammo comes in on an afternoon, I know that it will be put out the next morning.

Swire, I was just trying to log in to your app just to check it out, but the code that you gave me last year for V3 does not work. I assume that code was the password. I can't remember, as it has been almost a year since I looked at your app.

The code from V3 doesn't work with the new version.  I changed up how all that works and made it so I wouldn't have to manually create each code.  You will have to setup a profile on this version.  http://arfcomammo.azurewebsites.net/WM_ByStore.aspx?code=arfcom

I have V3 running on this site as well, it is a different URL though.  If you remember the page name you can get to it.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Best thread on Arfcom...
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I got bearded this morning at one store, they were lined up at 0400 according to the bubba.

Next store they had nothing despite showing value packs in stock. Bubba said they hadn't had any for a long time.

The walmart inventory system is run by bubba, so expect some stores stock to be questionable.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#20]

This is just from clicking on the second link in you OP. It doesn't even give me an option to log in. Goes straight to this page. Worked fine earlier. On a iPhone 5.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:22:52 PM EDT
[#21]
<a href="http://s1191.photobucket.com/user/chaffinss/media/E362838A-9481-4B03-B440-DB6F97E3A526.png.html" target="_blank">http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z472/chaffinss/E362838A-9481-4B03-B440-DB6F97E3A526.png</a>

This is just from clicking on the second link in you OP. It doesn't even give me an option to log in. Goes straight to this page. Worked fine earlier. On a iPhone 5.
View Quote

I am getting this same error as well. Worked fine last night on the IPAD, then try again this morning and just now and this is what's popping up. Tried refresh and restarting browser, same error.

I am not expecting a miracle, this is after all a free program. So I even if you can't get it working for us, for whatever reasons, thanks anyways.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:07:25 AM EDT
[#22]
That line it threw the error on is related to reading the cookie values set by the browser.  I'm not sure how Apple mobile devices handle those but I'll look into it.  All I can suggest is clicking the logout button and then logging back in.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:51:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Working for me.  Thanks OP.  Just a suggestion, you might want to enable https so that you don't send username and password in clear text.  Just a lowly IT security guys humble suggestion.  Many people reuse userid/password combinations.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Thank you OP!  

App works, and got my first score in 6+ months.  After buying, I used the app again, and now the M22 at that store no longer showed at all.

Observations:
If it is accurate, a few stores either still had it in the back - or it was stashed somewhere.  Every store I looked at except one showed the 50rd Federal .22 packs in stock.  None to be found at 3 stores.  Those stores still show in stock as well.

Note: A mid-40s blond employee came running to the ammo case as I was getting my M22.  "You still have the .22 right?" She asked the cool older guy who opened the case for me in a rather odd/concerned tone.  She then saw it in my hands and I received the cold stare of death.  Interesting.

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o758/Houseofmoto/imagejpg1_zpse11b6907.jpg
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#25]
How much per brick? How are they packaged, loose?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By MiamiARFan:

Working for me.  Thanks OP.  Just a suggestion, you might want to enable https so that you don't send username and password in clear text.  Just a lowly IT security guys humble suggestion.  Many people reuse userid/password combinations.
View Quote

Good idea.  I wasn't sure if SSL was available but I just checked and it is.  This URL works.  https://arfcomammo.azurewebsites.net/WM_ByStore.aspx
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:11:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Store # 1640 has a ton of Winchester 100rd 9mm packs but dont show on the app. Do you have the SKU of the 100rd packs?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:18:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By InfiniteGrim:
How much per brick? How are they packaged, loose?
View Quote

1000 per package M22
2 500 round packs inside, I think they are loose from the sounds of it.
I think it was $50.47 per 1000 before tax.  My little helper (toddler), took the receipt.

Happy, this helped replenish 2 Appleseed shoots, a few silhouette shoots, and a few target days from last year.  I am happy to buy when I find it locally.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:36:39 AM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By InfiniteGrim:

Store # 1640 has a ton of Winchester 100rd 9mm packs but dont show on the app. Do you have the SKU of the 100rd packs?
View Quote

One SKU I have is 2089221351.  The problem is most of the SKU's for 9mm do not have a corresponding product ID on the website.  This version of the app only searches items by product ID.

Version 3 of my app shows this info.

Winchester 9mm Luger 115-Grain Full Metal Jacket Bullets, 100ct - UPC: 0002089221297 - 9MM-USA-VALUE-PACK 115GR FMJ

http://www.walmart.com/ip/33117044

MAY BE AVAILABLE - $26.67

State College #1640

1665 N Atherton St - State College PA, 16803
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#32]
That line it threw the error on is related to reading the cookie values set by the browser.  I'm not sure how Apple mobile devices handle those but I'll look into it.  All I can suggest is clicking the logout button and then logging back in.
View Quote

Doesn't give us an option to logout. Guess us apple guys are SOL unless we delete cookies. Not gonna do that lol. Thanks anyways man. It worked awesome when it did work lol.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#33]

Doesn't give us an option to logout. Guess us apple guys are SOL unless we delete cookies. Not gonna do that lol. Thanks anyways man. It worked awesome when it did work lol.
View All Quotes

Try this link to force the login screen.

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#35]

https://arfcomammo.azurewebsites.net/WM_ByStore.aspx?force=1

View All Quotes

Lol. Won't take my log in
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Experiences in 4 Austin stores.

#1253 has .22"LR shotshells in stock.  Check.  That was the situation a couple of days ago when I visited.

#5317 showed .22"LR in stock yesterday afternoon.  Non.  

# 2133 showed .22"LR in stock yesterday evening.  Non.  

#3569 showed .22"LR in stock yesterday evening & this morning.  Non.  

Folks ahead of me bought 3 boxes of Tula 9x19mm, leaving 1 box in stock.  The app does not show any 9x19mm in stock.  Decided to check .223", and the app does correlate to the .223" they have, along w/ 7.62x39mm.

Spoke w/ the very well spoken Sporting Goods Manager @ 3569.  She reports this store usually gets ammo Sunday night, and she puts it out @ 0700 when she arrives.  .22"LR doesn't usually make it to the shelf.  All she says she got was 12 & 20 ga last night.

She pointed out the bottom row of the case, & said most of that was discontinued - much .223" ammo that did not show in the app.  She also said the online inventory was inaccurate.

SWIRE, what is the .4 option?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Thank you very much.  I've added the product IDs to the database.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By backbencher:

Spoke w/ the very well spoken Sporting Goods Manager @ 3569.  She reports this store usually gets ammo Sunday night, and she puts it out @ 0700 when she arrives.  .22"LR doesn't usually make it to the shelf.  All she says she got was 12 & 20 ga last night.

She pointed out the bottom row of the case, & said most of that was discontinued - much .223" ammo that did not show in the app.  She also said the online inventory was inaccurate.

SWIRE, what is the .4 option?
View Quote

So the manager confirmed that the employees were buying the .22lr before it ever hit the shelf?

The .4 option was a typo, I forgot the zero.  It's corrected now.

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 1:13:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SWIRE] [#39]

View All Quotes

The force=1 doesn't disappear when you submit like I thought it would.  Try this.

Firsts go to this URL https://arfcomammo.azurewebsites.net/WM_ByStore.aspx?force=1, enter your info, and login.  You will end up at the login page but if you don't see the message that your username and password are incorrect then you have logged in.

Next either remove the ?force=1 or just click this URL " target="_blank">https://arfcomammo.azurewebsites.net/WM_ByStore.aspx

If you still get that same error then it has to be something with how IOS handles cookies.

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 1:51:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#40]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:  So the manager confirmed that the employees were buying the .22lr before it ever hit the shelf?

View Quote

No, the early birds are getting it before she can put it on the shelf.  She just rolls the cart up to the register when she has .22" in stock.

I'm still getting the .4 option just to the left of the .40 option on Android.  Lemme try it on Firefox.

It's been said many times, but I'll repeat.  You're awesome, SWIRE.

ETA:  .4 is gone in Firefox, and after clearing cookies & logging back in on Android, gone in Android.  Thanks.

Do you want pictures of the discontinued price tags?  I think they just have the bark code SKU on 'em, not a WalMart inventory code #, if I'm understanding their labeling scheme.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#41]

No, the early birds are getting it before she can put it on the shelf.  She just rolls the cart up to the register when she has .22" in stock.

I'm still getting the .4 option just to the left of the .40 option on Android.  Lemme try it on Firefox.

ETA:  .4 is gone in Firefox, and after clearing cookies & logging back in on Android, gone in Android.  Thanks.

Do you want pictures of the discontinued price tags?  I think they just have the bark code SKU on 'em, not a WalMart inventory code #, if I'm understanding their labeling scheme.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By SWIRE:  So the manager confirmed that the employees were buying the .22lr before it ever hit the shelf?

Got it.  I just want clarification on that.  My local store claims they do that but never bring out the 22 they show as in stock.  Then it disappears late morning.

I won't need the SKUs of the discontinued items without the internal product ID my search won't work.

When I get time I plan on scanning Walmart's site again to pick up more product IDs.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#42]
What this department manager was claiming was the inventory shows up in the system as it's put on the pallet @ the warehouse.  Then if the pallet gets bumped, no ammo, despite it showing in the system.  Someone here has a clearer picture of WalMart's inventory management system than we do.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:23:56 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Now the 100rd packs of Winchester for my local store show up.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Thanks for all your efforts.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:36:50 AM EDT
[#45]
The inventory is accurate for specific ammo in Buda, TX - except for .22", which they have none of.  Of 5 WalMarts in the Austin area in 4 days time, all showed they had Federal 50 rnd boxes - none.  One store had .22"LR shot on the shelf.  Let's try D/FW.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:58:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Getting this error right now, in Firefox:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path '', line 0, position 0.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during
the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace
for more information about the error and where it originated in the
code.

Exception Details: Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path '', line 0, position 0.

Source Error:

<code>

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be
shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of
the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>

<system.web>

<compilation debug="true"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given
application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause
only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important:
Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance
overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging
disabled before deploying into production scenario.</code>

Stack Trace:

<code>
[JsonReaderException: Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path '', line 0, position 0.]
  Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Load(JsonReader reader) +349
  Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Parse(String json) +57
  WM_ByStore.btnSearch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +4359
  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +9751610
  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +196
  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
  System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
  System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +35
  System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1724
</code>

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:10:12 AM EDT
[#47]
First, I'd like to thank you for your efforts.

The app seems to be accurate (at multiple stores here in Jacksonville and Orlando) except for .22 (unless someone's hiding it or it somehow doesn't get removed from the "system" after it is purchased).
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:21:35 AM EDT
[#48]
I don't mean to be dismissive of your app, but is there any advantage to using yours versus Ammo Badger?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:34:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Real time info and ability to single out one or more stores.  It's easier to read.  I'm not sure what the other apps are capable of anymore.  I started this back when Walmart's mobile app still gave stock status and there was maybe 2 other apps.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm thinking, @ least in the Austin area & D/FW, that WalMart's inventory on Federal .22"LR is just screwed.  The warehouse sends it out when they get it, so it doesn't matter if an individual store is showing that it's in stock - everyone knows they're out of stock.  The app seems pretty accurate on other ammo types, both in D/FW & Austin.  I've only checked one store in D/FW so far, but I'll do almost one a day.

Or is it possible that we're checking the wrong # on Federal .22" LR?  SWIRE, do you want us to take pictures of the bare .22"LR shelf so you can doublecheck the #'s?
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top