Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/22/2002 1:54:31 PM EDT
... There is only so many eggnog & Southern Comfort I can take. ... Besides, it makes me gassy. ... Line up your [b]FAVORITE[/b] Christmas Cheer please, help me impress my guests next Wednesday. [img]http://www.floridalink.com/animation/christmas/3/5merry.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 2:03:06 PM EDT
Check your IM.. I have a drinks guide I can help out... BISHOP
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 2:11:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 4:03:14 PM EDT
one 8 oz glass two ice cubes two tablespoons of coke Fill to desired level with Crown Royal This means Hoildays to me
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 4:18:45 PM EDT
Try Hot chocolate with Irish cream. Not just for christmas, but all winter long.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 4:50:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 4:57:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/22/2002 5:13:20 PM EDT by Grock]
From an old "Grock" Family recipe originated in Husqvarna, Smaaland, Sweden and handed down to me by my father... GLOG (pronounced "Glug") Ingredients: Almonds 4 to 6 oz package, whole, blanched Cardamom seeds 20 to 25 whole seeds Cinnamon 5 sticks, 2 to 3 inches long Cloves 25 to 30 whole stems and seeds Raisins 1/2 cup Port Wine 1 gallon (or 3 liter bottle) Brandy 1 quart (or 750 ml bottle 80 proof) Orange 1 large juicy Lemon 1 large juicy Sugar 1/4 cup white granulated Procedure: Pour Port wine into large stock pot or cauldron and place on range between medium and low heat setting. Add cardamom, cloves, raisins, cinnamon sticks, and whole almonds. Peel orange and lemon. Squeeze juice of both into pot. Add peelings to the pot. Stir and slowly bring mixture to the boiling point. (25-30 Minutes). - DO NOT BOIL - STIR OFTEN - Allow mixture to simmer just below the boiling point for 30 more minutes. Now that your eyes are beginning to water and you are beginning to feel a little light headed, it's time to add the Brandy. Pour it in slowly and once again, bring the entire mixture up to the boiling point. Again, - DO NOT BOIL - STIR OFTEN - Let entire mixture simmer for another 15 minutes. Now it is time to taste your brew and decide whether it is sweet enough. If not, make simple syrup from the sugar and add to taste. When you have finished tasting and it is to your liking, let the mixture cool. When cool, strain out the almonds and raisins and save in separate container. Strain the mixture through clean "cheesecloth" into large glass container (I use the now empty port wine bottles). Discard the peelings, spices, etc. Serving: Serve hot in cups or mugs. 3 to 4 oz servings are adequate for most people. Garnish with whole almond and a raisin or two in the bottom of the mug. ***** Skol **** God Jul Och Gott Nytt Ar! **** [8d]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 5:08:08 PM EDT
Keep it simple. Rum and Sprite. Or bourbon and ginger ale. Vodka and Minute Maid citrus punch. That's about all I drink. My brother used to make some good drinks. If I can get ahold of him I'll post what he's got.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 5:10:47 PM EDT
Knob Creek, chilled, straight up. Stoli Gold, same, with the best smoked Alaskan salmon you can find!
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 7:45:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Waldo: Knob Creek, chilled, straight up. Stoli Gold, same, with the best smoked Alaskan salmon you can find!
View Quote
... How interesting, salmon has been on the pickins' dish all night. Thanks guys, great suggestions! Keep 'em up please!
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 9:49:16 PM EDT
Bottle of Two Fingers Tequila, drink till empty, repeat.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:45:54 PM EDT
Two of our favorites when we take the boat out in December to look at the rich folk's lighting displays are: 1. Hot Chocolate and Peppermint Schnapps, maybe with a touch of Baileys. 2. Coffee, Kahlua and Baileys. Both are great on a cold evening and keep well in a Thermos if needed.
Top Top