Page / 23
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuck. Seriously. Fucking fuck.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why is this even a discussion?  PMC X-Tac M855 is imported steel core ammo that is commonly used in AR pistols, so if THATS not restricted then WTF would they restrict 5.45 for?
View Quote

M855 is specifically exempt, as is M2 AP.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Ditch the attitudes bros.

This is an emergency.

Better brake out my wallet and order some ammo.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is this even a discussion?  PMC X-Tac M855 is imported steel core ammo that is commonly used in AR pistols, so if THATS not restricted then WTF would they restrict 5.45 for?

M855 doesn't fit the criteria EITHER is the point, even if it wasn't exempt for military reasons.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:26:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This whole situation feels like a classic pump and dump.  Some non-scrupulous ammo dealer more than likely drew up this "letter" to turn over some 5.45 inventory at insane prices.  With Ukraine going on, BHO in office and 22LR getting neckbearded everywhere, it won't take much to get the sheep stampeding.

Our Price -187% off!

View Quote

The SOT that got the letter wants to bring it in and sell it to you....as they have done in the past with hundreds and hundreds of millions of rounds of various calibers.  Unless something changes,  they will not be bringing in anymore 5.45 military surplus ammo.

Are you saying that the importer/SOT has conspired to disallow the import of this ammo and thus not make any money on it?  

IF ATF takes the same position on SC 545 as they have in the past with SC 762x39,  FFLs will not even be able to legally sell the inventory they have on hand..so where is the money in that?  You think JY benifits from high ammo prices?   His students require ammo,  if it is priced too high or unavailable then naturally less folks are gonna train...

Use some critical thinking skills people...
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm a lemming.

I ordered more 7n6

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

May fuck be upon that little prick. He has made a crusade out of doing shit that will screw gunowners in the ass.

Embody is arguably as bad or worse than BATFE on any given day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Paging Leonard Embody........aka "Kwikrnu"

He said ATF couldn't ban 5.45 importation just because he or anyone else was manufacturing 5.45 pistols......

May fuck be upon that little prick. He has made a crusade out of doing shit that will screw gunowners in the ass.

Man, you ain't lying. Fuck that guy. In before someone claiming you somehow hate freedom or some such shit.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Because there is zero wiggle room for them in the definition in the federal code.  They do not have any "interpretive" power or regulatory discretion here.  The definition is too explicit and specific for any of their fast-and-loose games to stand up for even a moment to a well-placed lawsuit, and the last thing they want to risk is a ruling against them that builds unfavorable precedent.

Do I believe they want to?  Hell yes.  They'd line us all up and shoot us if they thought they could get away with it.  But I also believe they're cagey enough to look at this with a risk-benefit analysis and know that they stand very little chance of their normal shenanigans working in this instance, and the likelihood and magnitude of setbacks seriously outweigh what they might gain from it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
the ATF is a rouge agency, what makes you think it follows rules. Its own or anyone elses?

Because there is zero wiggle room for them in the definition in the federal code.  They do not have any "interpretive" power or regulatory discretion here.  The definition is too explicit and specific for any of their fast-and-loose games to stand up for even a moment to a well-placed lawsuit, and the last thing they want to risk is a ruling against them that builds unfavorable precedent.

Do I believe they want to?  Hell yes.  They'd line us all up and shoot us if they thought they could get away with it.  But I also believe they're cagey enough to look at this with a risk-benefit analysis and know that they stand very little chance of their normal shenanigans working in this instance, and the likelihood and magnitude of setbacks seriously outweigh what they might gain from it.

So you are saying the letter/email is not from ATF and is in fact a complete fabrication?

If yes,  who do you think fabricated it and what do they stand t gain?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Man, you ain't lying. Fuck that guy. In before someone claiming you somehow hate freedom or some such shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Paging Leonard Embody........aka "Kwikrnu"

He said ATF couldn't ban 5.45 importation just because he or anyone else was manufacturing 5.45 pistols......

May fuck be upon anyone that defends Leonard Embody. Embody is in some sort of evil competition with Feinstein on who can fuck over gunowners harder and deeper.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

m855/SS109 is exempted
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Right... MAC is "the more credible" source

View All Quotes
Quoted:

For the record ..until I get this information from a more credible source than a liar and a coward I'm not going to believe it. So put that in your pipe and smoke it
MAC is neither a liar nor a coward. Have you read his blog posting on this?

He was referring to Yeager.

So it appears that one guy says "X" and it's a lie and a fabrication,  another guy says "X" and it's gospel....

LOL
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

M855 doesn't fit the criteria EITHER is the point, even if it wasn't exempt for military reasons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not exempt for 'military reasons'...
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

why is m855 exempt?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:40:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

why is m855 exempt?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

why is m855 exempt?

Because it is specifically written into the law as exempt, by name. So  is M2 AP.

As to why it was written in? Who knows.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

why is m855 exempt?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

why is m855 exempt?

Because there was a time when Uncle Sam would sell us his surplus ammo.

That time has passed, but the law remains.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:42:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So it appears that one guy says "X" and it's a lie and a fabrication,  another guy says "X" and it's gospel....

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the record ..until I get this information from a more credible source than a liar and a coward I'm not going to believe it. So put that in your pipe and smoke it

LOL

One of those guys is a modern day Judas
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

why is m855 exempt?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

why is m855 exempt?

CMP matches
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:48:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So it appears that one guy says "X" and it's a lie and a fabrication untrustworthy and likely to be yet another hysterical rant,  another guy says "X" and it's gospel... accepted as probably true because of his long-established reputation for not being a drama queen with tattoos.

Fixed it for you, OP.
LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it appears that one guy says "X" and it's a lie and a fabrication untrustworthy and likely to be yet another hysterical rant,  another guy says "X" and it's gospel... accepted as probably true because of his long-established reputation for not being a drama queen with tattoos.

Fixed it for you, OP.
LOL

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh really?  I doubt you can back that claim up with facts,   but irregardless,  no matter how you feel about him,  it does not make the letter any less real....
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Oh really?  I doubt you can back that claim up with facts,   but irregardless,  no matter how you feel about him,  it does not make the letter any less real....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I accept your Challenge

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I accept your Challenge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5KPr53rSe4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I accept your Challenge

boom, headshot.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#22]
5.45mm is the diameter of the BORE not the BULLET.

5.45x39 uses a 5.60mm bullet (.2205 caliber).
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I accept your Challenge

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I accept your Challenge

here ya go,  unedited...  

The book thats coming out this year,  authored by a former Apollo teammate of JY,  should prove interesting....  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NphgWi1nUt4

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#25]
If OP had not called out the James Yeager posting and instead had just stuck with the MAC posting, this thread might actually be about debunking this rumor and not discussing the shortcomings of James Yeager.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If OP had not called out the James Yeager posting and instead had just stuck with the MAC posting, this thread might actually be about debunking this rumor and not discussing the shortcomings of James Yeager.
View Quote

So how is JY's info any less credible than MAC's?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

James Yeager could post on Facebook "Obama is a douchebag" and GD would suddenly come to Obama's defense and say Yeager was an idiot.

GD is pretty much well trained to immediately respond to anything Yeager says or does with a mixture of and and
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

James Yeager could post on Facebook "Obama is a douchebag" and GD would suddenly come to Obama's defense and say Yeager was an idiot.

GD is pretty much well trained to immediately respond to anything Yeager says or does with a mixture of and and
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You speak the truth with regards to GD's reaction to JY....
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:18:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

here ya go,  unedited...  

The book thats coming out this year,  authored by a former Apollo teammate of JY,  should prove interesting....  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I accept your Challenge

here ya go,  unedited...  

This book is a little more credible

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:19:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The SOT that got the letter wants to bring it in and sell it to you....as they have done in the past with hundreds and hundreds of millions of rounds of various calibers.  Unless something changes,  they will not be bringing in anymore 5.45 military surplus ammo.

Are you saying that the importer/SOT has conspired to disallow the import of this ammo and thus not make any money on it?  

IF ATF takes the same position on SC 545 as they have in the past with SC 762x39,  FFLs will not even be able to legally sell the inventory they have on hand..so where is the money in that?  You think JY benifits from high ammo prices?   His students require ammo,  if it is priced too high or unavailable then naturally less folks are gonna train...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This whole situation feels like a classic pump and dump.  Some non-scrupulous ammo dealer more than likely drew up this "letter" to turn over some 5.45 inventory at insane prices.  With Ukraine going on, BHO in office and 22LR getting neckbearded everywhere, it won't take much to get the sheep stampeding.

Our Price -187% off!

Which importer is it exactly?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our Price -187% off!

If they were interested in making their name public then it is safe to assume that the whole document would have been posted and not just the lower half...that MAC fellow pretty much backs this up in his post on the matter...  
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://img2.imagesbn.com/p/9781481107181_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG
View Quote

again with the 'got nuthin'.  gotcha,   well at least yer consistent.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
All of the contact information is correct, so maybe not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It also looks like complete bullshit.  "Thanks"?  Really?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Law enforcement and regulatory agencies don't usually talk about crimes or violations without citing statues.   It's bullshit.

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Law enforcement and regulatory agencies don't usually talk about crimes or violations without citing statues.   It's bullshit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It also looks like complete bullshit.  "Thanks"?  Really?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

So what are you saying?  You feel JY has fabricated this correspondance? If yes,  to what end?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I accept your Challenge

here ya go,  unedited...  

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#36]

thats hilarious

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:53:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Either this is real, or a 13er deserves a ban.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_64/154560_Looks_like_some_dumbass_made_a_5_45x39_pistol___.html&page=1#i1299214

Quoted:
I'm not sure why no one else thought to do this...

I just called the ATF import branch and spoke to an "import specialist" who confirmed that 5.45x39 steel core will no longer be approved on form 6.
I asked for some kind of official documentation and she replied that it will be available on their website "soon".
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If they were interested in making their name public then it is safe to assume that the whole document would have been posted and not just the lower half...that MAC fellow pretty much backs this up in his post on the matter...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our Price -187% off!

People that sell shit always want to make their name public. Whoever MAC is doesn't really back up with common sense, internet backlash? I would bet the majority of this so called importer's sales would come from the internet. I've received emails through my business from importers trying to get their name out there and sell me a truckload of 5.45x39, 7.62x54, other surplus rounds. I don't see why they would try to hide it in this rumor.

Kind of like the way Ares turned its whole ATF thing into a massive marketing campaign.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Credibility, how does it work?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

So you are saying the letter/email is not from ATF and is in fact a complete fabrication?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have an extremely hard time believing otherwise without further credible evidence.

If yes,  who do you think fabricated it and what do they stand t gain?

Somebody who stands to benefit from inducing a panic-driven buying frenzy of 5.45mm.  There's no shortage of individuals or companies that fit that profile.

So far the only "proof" has been a cellphone picture of a printout of an email supplied by an anonymous but "credible" source to a single blogger.  Every other appearance of the letter since then is a repost of that original image or story.  There has been NO corroborating evidence or similar cases come forward.  That's weaksauce "proof".

Combined with the total objective ineligibility of 7n6 for a ban under either clause of the armor-piercing ammunition definitions in federal statute, I believe this about as far as I can throw Heavy 6.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:04:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#42]
It doesn't matter, the panic is apparently already in full swing.

AIM Surplus and USAC are both sold out now.

USAC has a stock quantity counter on their site so they have sold at least 1500 tins since 0800 today.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Confirmed from the IMPORT BRANCH of the BATFE...Just got off the phone with them....Exact words No more Imports of 5.45x39 Ammo.......      Don't hate me as we are OUT OF STOCK ALREADY..... Just delivering the message...
View Quote

The

FUCK?

And what was their justification?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Confirmed from the IMPORT BRANCH of the BATFE...Just got off the phone with them....Exact words No more Imports of 5.45x39 Ammo.......      Don't hate me as we are OUT OF STOCK ALREADY..... Just delivering the message...
View Quote

Well, the next few hours are going to be very exciting for the 5.45x39 market.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:10:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

No more imports of the surplus stuff or all 5.45?

VO
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Somebody submitted a pistol in that caliber to determine if its legal to import....  Just what I heard..Don't take it as Gospel
View Quote

So the NSSF is spinning up a lawsuit to get an injunction, right?  Since submitting a pistol in 5.45 doesn't have jack-shit to do with the law.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:14:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Land of the free from freedom!!!

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Somebody submitted a pistol in that caliber to determine if its legal to import....  Just what I heard..Don't take it as Gospel
View Quote

[GDhater]How would you even know?  Whats your connection to James Yeager?[/GDhater]    
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So the NSSF is spinning up a lawsuit to get an injunction, right?  Since submitting a pistol in 5.45 doesn't have jack-shit to do with the law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad to see you are concerned and on point....finally.  
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top