Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/20/2002 4:49:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2002 4:50:47 PM EDT by dave223]
May purchase a 2000 Polaris 335 Sportsman. Any experience or advice would be apreciated! I have a few Honda 3 wheelers, thats all the experience I have. Edit to add that [s]I[/s] the kids will mostly use it for recreation and some light duty work.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 7:44:53 PM EDT
bump for prime time
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 7:50:08 PM EDT
DO NOT BUY POLARIS If there is one thing Japs know it is building 4-wheelers and dirt bikes. I have a '98 250 2-stroke Trail Boss, my friend has a '00 325 4-stroke Trail Boss, and a neighbor has a '00 90 Scrambler for his kid. My 4-wheeler has had -$600 new front strut assembly -new sprockets and chain -all wheels are bent -front break binds -transmission is being fixed in the shop right now '00 325 = -New chain/sprockets -Break problems '00 90 = -front wheels are bowed outward 45 degrees -front wheels rub -brake dosen't work Cousins YAMAHA '86 Blaster = New tires and breaks ONE new chain One rebuild caused by lack of oil THATS ALL Get a Yamaha or something that isn't polaris Polaris' have ZERO long term reliability -DEERSNIPER [sniper]
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 9:35:42 PM EDT
Zero reliability....hmmmmmm. My dad has a 92 Polaris 350 L 4x4 with about 2000 miles of climbing mountains in Montana and hauling wood and general trail riding in snow and mud here in MN and has had a grand total of two cans of chain lube, one bottle of tire Slime and one spark plug. I have a 2000 500 Sportsman HO. So far (in about 750 miles) have had to change the oil. I have rolled it twice and hauled more shit with it in and out of the woods and the mountains and it has not skipped a beat from 115 degrees to 25 below zero. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I have a very good friend who has a ranch in Montana who uses 4 wheelers EVERY day and he prefers Kawasakis. I really like the belt drive of the Polaris. Some will say that the belt can get wet and leave you stuck. I have yet to have this happen, and I've had my Sportsman in the mud/water up to the seat (with the exaust bubblin' away). I did smoke the belt once, pulling a loaded enclosed 2 place snowmobile trailer up a hill in reverse. OOPS. I have another friend with a 400 Sportsman. He literally beats the shit out of it. He's a guy who like to jump alot. I have yet to hear of him breaking down. I guess everyone has a opinion. Honda's are very good machines too. I've had good luck with my Polaris, so I'll stick with it. BTW-I like Polaris sleds too. Sleepy717
Top Top