Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2001 5:25:58 PM EDT
I keep seeing threads on the Limited Edition Group Purchase and seeing terms like "backed out", "honor your commitment", etc. and I am actually getting pissed off.  

I AM NOT pissed off at G & B or anti-USSA (especially in light of all the hard work they have done to put this together) but at the members who keep requesting "list the members who backed out" or mentioning "word of honor", etc.  

Last time I checked, the last order date for the rifle was the end of April (2 weeks from now), and Grin & Barrett has mentioned extending it another 3 weeks because of the late start on the order process.  

Since when has someone "backed out" or have "no honor" if they still place the order within the required time?  Any suggestions to "out" them at this point is premature and uncalled for.  I personally budgeted the money for the rifle to come out of my check in two weeks time (April 27).  I have already made arrangements with my FFL to get his license out on or near that date.  If I had known there would be this much grief over not ordering on the first day I would have not considered participating.  Since the LEGP order date was announced I have bought an SLR-100H and a Chipmunk--I got a good enough deal on both of them that I spent the money, knowing full well that I would have the $660 + Tax (yes, I have to pay tax because I am in IL like Castle Arms) by the end of this month.

For those of you who are complaining, I think you are doing the Group Purchase a great disservice by alienating potential buyers.  G & B and AntiUSSA have been very good for the board and their work is much appreciated--speaking out now about the purchase is only going to harm their efforts.  At this point in time, I am seriously reconsidering future year's Limited Edition purchases, especially if there is going to be this much hassle.  I will buy this years because I wanted a rifle with the AR15.com logo (regardless of the end configuration)--and I wasn't real interested in a low serial # or keeping the same serial # year after year--this is going to be a shooter rifle for me, not a closet queen.  After this year, who knows?  

Look at it from this point of view--if your phone bill is due April 30, how would you appreciate hearing from the phone company on April 16th that "if you don't pay by your due date we will cut your phone service off"?

The only suggestion I would give to G & B and AntiUSSA is to set a firm cutoff date (money in by xxx or you cannot order) and quash any of this garbage about the order until after that date.  I would make a wager that a few buyers are looking elsewhere for new guns because of the comments that have been made.  I would also wager that there are a few members who are purchasing this year that may not next year for fear that they might not have the money when it comes due and they will get smeared on the board.  

AFARR
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#2]
AFARR,

You have a legtimate post. But please forgive those that have ordered & expected MANY others to have ordered WAY before now. We are just anxious & anxious for others.

Time SELLS everything... [:)]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks almost like my "My View" post!

Thanks AFARR
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#4]
G & B--sorry, I had missed your post.  I went and specifically read it.  I only occasionally go to the LEGP forum to look for updates and had gotten tired of the whining (why couldn't it be...).  

Link Posted: 4/17/2001 4:10:03 AM EDT
[#5]
BTT
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 4:28:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess you missed the posts about
"it wasn't a legal contract so I can change my mind if I want to".
View Quote

That is where the honor thing comes into it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 5:22:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Geeeez, I hate to see this BS.......

If you made a commitment, HONOR IT. Or quit whining about Bill Clinton, and his lying mouth.

'Cuz you ain't no better, if you don't honor your commitments.

Grin& Barrett -

Always remember, no good deed goes unpunished. Hang in there.

Link Posted: 4/17/2001 6:22:19 AM EDT
[#8]
AFFAR:

Good post there.

I think the real issues came into play when some folks said [b][i]"Yes, I will buy the LEGP rifle in whatever configuration it winds up being in"[/b][/i] and then immediately started griping because they did not like the chosen form.  Then they backed out.

This  served onlt to inflate numbers and gave G&B and Anti what they thought were justifiable reasons to deal in the specific numbers they did and to use the rhetoric they did.

Many, like you, I am sure are only waiting for their own appropriate time which is not a problem for anyone.

The prob. is the folks that instantly backed out and instantly started bitchin'.

Again, good post and thank you for sharing with everyone yet another side to this LEGP event.

Link Posted: 4/17/2001 7:01:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
AFFAR:

The prob. is the folks that instantly backed out and instantly started bitchin'.
View Quote

Exactly!
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 7:31:30 AM EDT
[#10]
AFARR,

This is what started the hole ball a rollin, specifically the last sentence of the second paragraph;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I owe her a huge apology, publicly!

I have no excuse for the way I have acted on the boards this week, other than to say that I'm under a hell of a lot of pressure with the LEGP rifle project that my partner and I took on for everyone... then the majority of members bailed on us, leaving us holding the bag for upwards of 3/4 million dollars.

I have also been way overworked with the other business I own (Graphic Design Studio ), and can't seem to manage to work less than 18-20 hours a day. Furthermore, I am also on heavy pain meds due to a very rare Kidney disorder and am stressed to the max, while awaiting surgery.

Tomorrow, I will get back on the boards and fully apologize to everyone that I feel I have hurt or let down... Even with all of the above going on in my life, it's no excuse to act the way I did.

I am still very disappointed with Rachel, and the way she handles her business transactions, but I will admit, I certainly acted like an ass myself!

Please feel free to post this publicly if you so desire... Otherwise, I will do it in the morning.

Again, please accept my apology.

Sincerely,
Tim Greene (antiUSSA)
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:03:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I would be interested in one if the AR15 logo could be stamped on a GoGoGadgets lower[:D] Wouldn't that be great!
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:07:47 AM EDT
[#12]
It is stamped on the lower, Chaingun.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
AFARR,
This is what started the hole ball a rollin, specifically the last sentence of the second paragraph;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have no excuse for the way I have acted on the boards this week, other than to say that I'm under a hell of a lot of pressure with the LEGP rifle project that my partner and I took on for everyone... then the majority of members bailed on us, leaving us holding the bag for upwards of 3/4 million dollars.

Sincerely,
Tim Greene (antiUSSA)
View Quote

..."then the majority of members bailed on us,
leaving us holding the bag for upwards of 3/4
million dollars."
LET ME REPEAT MYSELF, PUT THEIR NAMES OUT THERE
FOR ALL TO SEE! OUR WORD IS OUR BOND! I DON'T
GIVE A DAMM ABOUT YOUR PHONE BILL, YOUR POWER
BILL, OR ANY OF YOUR BULLSHIT EXCUSES. YOU PUT
YOUR NAME ON THE YES LIST; AN ORDER WAS PLACED
USING THE YES LIST, NOT THE MAYBE LIST.
I AM PISSED AT PEOPLE THAT LIE THAT CHEAT
THAT STEAL AND ESPECIALLY THOSE LIKE YOU AFARR
THAT DEFEND THE LIAR THE CHEATER AND THE THIEF!
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#14]
How about next year requiring a $50 non-refundable deposit when signing up?  That will insure most people will follow through with the rest of the cash.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#15]
BTT

I don't think I will dignify Hangfire with a response.

Link Posted: 4/17/2001 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
BTT

I don't think I will dignify Hangfire with a response.

View Quote
You could not dignify your clap trap
bull shit is what you really mean. The man
said what he said and I believe him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top