Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2002 8:30:57 AM EDT
Dec 18, 9:47 AM EST
Boy, 7, Accused of His Second Car Theft

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Authorities were trying to determine what to do about a 7-year-old Minneapolis boy who stole a car, drove around for a while and crashed - not just once, but twice.

Around 8 a.m. Tuesday morning, the boy drove a stolen car in reverse and smashed it into another car in the Powderhorn Neighborhood, slightly injuring a 10-year-old boy riding with his mother and younger sister in the other car, police said.

"He did it again? I can't believe it," said Debra Taylor, whose 1992 Jeep Cherokee was taken by the boy the first time, on Dec. 6. "Something needs to be done. This is the beginning of trouble in his life."

Authorities said they were considering filing a report with county officials to determine whether the boy should be removed from his home. In Minnesota, children younger than 10 cannot be charged with a crime.

On Tuesday, officers arrived at the crash before the car had been reported stolen, according to police reports. Owner Laura Torres said she had just stepped out to start her car and warm it up. No more than three minutes later, it was gone. The car was flanked in front and back by other vehicles, she said.

Sandra Howard, who was driving the car the boy smashed into, said all she saw was a blue car coming her way.

"I kept beeping my horn but it just kept coming," she said. "That boy was going backwards so fast that if I had been someone walking, I would have been dead now."

The boy, whose name was not released, was taken to St. Joseph's Home for Children.

After the Dec. 6 crash, he told officers: "I just had to get to school and I don;t know where it is"
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Why does a kid steal a car to go to school, then drive backwards?
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 8:34:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm betting there's more to the story.  Where are the parents?  Is mommy a crack whore and was getting her fix on with her pimp while little Jimmy was figuring how to get to school?

Blame it on the parents for this gem of a kid.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 8:42:58 AM EDT
[#4]
They should make a movie about this kid, titled, "Gone in 'This Many' Seconds".
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 8:46:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They should make a movie about this kid, titled, "Gone in 'This Many' Seconds".
View Quote

HAHAHA! Thats a good one[:D]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 8:49:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Um, big yellow bus?
View Quote

Nope, short yellow bus.[BD]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#7]
WHERE THE LIVING F IS THE PARENTS!@!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:44:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Did they teach him that in school?
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#9]
The parents should be held responsible for this child's actions. They should pay for damages, if they cant go to jail.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 5:06:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The parents should be held responsible for this child's actions. They should pay for damages, if they cant go to jail.
View Quote

Yup
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top