Link Posted: 3/8/2014 4:43:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I want to believe but I do not believe
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 4:48:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Rapture? No such thing, bruh.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 4:55:24 AM EDT
[#3]
For those who do not believe or want to know more, I encourage you to watch Irvin Baxter and Hal Lindsey shows on TV and visit their websites to watch recent past shows online.
Prophecy in the bible has come true and is coming true right now.
Please give these links a chance:
Irvin Baxter website
Irvin Baxter radio show archives

Hal Lindsey TV show archives

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 4:57:27 AM EDT
[#4]
has any conspiracy theory ever panned out ???  nope!!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 4:57:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Hurry!  Before the next payment on my bass boat is due
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 5:01:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Gozer the Traveller - he will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii, the Traveller came as a large and moving Torb! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants, they chose a new form for him - that of a giant Sloar! Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you!
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 5:08:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He is just waiting for his 2nd term to be finished
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The rapture isn't until after tribulations. The AC & false prophet haven't  taken stage yet.

He will have more flexibility then
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 5:08:36 AM EDT
[#8]
It was extremely unusual for a Foy to be dying on earth. They were the highest social class on their planet (which had a name that was pronounced — as nearly as earthly throats could make the sounds — Sortibackenstrete) and were virtually immortal.

Every Foy, of course, came to a voluntary death eventually, and this one had given up because of an ill-starred love affair, if you can call it a love affair where five individuals, in order to reproduce, must indulge in a yearlong mental contact. Apparently, the Foy had not fit into the contact after several months of trying, and it had broken his heart — or hearts, for he had five.

All Foys had five large hearts and there was speculation that it was this that made them virtually immortal. Maude Briscoe, earth’s most renowned surgeon, wanted those hearts. “It can’t be just their number and size, Ray,” she said to her chief assistant. “It has to be something physiological or biochemical. I must have them.” “I don’t know if we can manage that,” said Ray Johnson. “I’ve been speaking to him earnestly, trying to overcome the Foy taboo against dismemberment after death. I’ve had to lie to him, Maude.” “Lie?” “I told him that after death, there would be a dirge sung for him by the world-famous choir led by Harold J. Gassenbaum.

I told him that, by earthly belief, this would mean that his astral essence would be instantaneously wafted back, through hyperspace, to his home planet of Sortib-what’s-it’s-name — provided he would sign a release allowing you, Maude, to have his hearts for scientific investigation.” “Don’t tell me he believed that.” “Well, you know this modern attitude about accepting the myths and beliefs of intelligent aliens. It wouldn’t have been polite for him not to believe me. Besides, the Foys have a profound admiration for earthly science and I think this one is a little flattered that we should want his hearts.

He promised to consider the suggestion and I hope he decides soon because he can’t live more than another, day or so, and we must have his permission by interstellar law, and the hearts must be fresh — Ah, his signal.” Ray Johnson moved in with smooth and noiseless speed. “Yes?” he whispered, unobtrusively turning on the holographic recording device in case the Foy wished to grant permission. The Foy’s large, gnarled, rather tree like body lay motionless on the bed. His bulging eyes palpitated — all five of them — as they rose, each on its stalk, and turned toward Ray.

The Foy’s voice had a strange tone and the lipless edges of his open round mouth did not move, but the words formed perfectly. His eyes were making the Foyan gestures of assent as he said, “Give my big hearts to Maude, Ray. Dismember me for Harold’s choir. Tell all the Foys on Sortibackenstretethat I will soon be there.”
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 5:09:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I've heard this shit for 2000 years I wish it would just get here
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 5:09:33 AM EDT
[#10]
No.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 5:12:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For those who do not believe or want to know more, I encourage you to watch Irvin Baxter and Hal Lindsey shows on TV and visit their websites to watch recent past shows online.
Irvin Baxter website

View Quote

Satan loves those guys.  The more people they can convince that they will get a second chance the more people will be lost.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 5:19:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Satan loves those guys.  The more people they can convince that they will get a second chance the more people will be lost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Irvin Baxter website

counting coups
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 5:32:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've heard this shit for 2000 years I wish it would just get here
View Quote

Impressive, are you a vampire?
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:00:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Have you ever read that in context? Right after he says that, he goes into a lengthy discussion about how important it is to be watching and waiting for the return of the master.

Why would he give a bunch of signs that will happen before his return, then tell you to watch carefully for him, if it was impossible to know when it would be?

In context, he meant no one at that time, 2000 years ago, knew the day or the hour.

In fact, The Armies of Antichrist will be in Israel to meet him, so even his enemies will know the day of his return.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The rapture isn't until after tribulations. The AC & false prophet haven't  taken stage yet.

Well, that would be contrary to the whole 'knowing the day and the hour' thing.  If the rapture happens afterwards, we would know when it would by the important invents in the tribulation.

Have you ever read that in context? Right after he says that, he goes into a lengthy discussion about how important it is to be watching and waiting for the return of the master.

Why would he give a bunch of signs that will happen before his return, then tell you to watch carefully for him, if it was impossible to know when it would be?

In context, he meant no one at that time, 2000 years ago, knew the day or the hour.

In fact, The Armies of Antichrist will be in Israel to meet him, so even his enemies will know the day of his return.

It's like the cable company. They say between 7 and 3...... You know they are coming, you have seen the signs but you still don't know when they fuck they will pull in the driveway.

The pastor where I grew up did a whole series on Why the LORD will return in 1987. Some dude wrote a book and I think he truly believed in the signs that the book laid out. He took a lot of guff over that but it was what really drove him to study Prophesy and he got his Doctoral degree in prophesy.

Personally I don't think any man knows the time because the Lord can't trust Man to keep his mouth shut. And for the record I'm in the camp that believes the Rapture will occur before Tribulation starts. One of the older men at church makes a good case for why the rapture won't happen until 3 1/2 years into Tribulation.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:07:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:14:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Hopefully.  Then maybe they'll stop banging on my door at 8 AM to talk to me about it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:15:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No one knows the day or hour....
View Quote

This....
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:21:23 AM EDT
[#18]
This is false doctrine taught by the Catholics.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:42:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:47:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He'll head the UN after he's done destroying preparing the US for it's overlords .

I , for one , welcome them and hope they save us from these teeners .

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:51:58 AM EDT
[#21]
It ain't gonna happen.

No doomsday or day of redemption is coming.   At least, nothing of a religious nature.

Nope.  NOT HAPPENING.

Be more concerned about the possibility of a low observable asteroid heading our way.  One coated with a naturally occurring form of amorphous

carbon that makes it both very black and hard to see and absorbs radar so it's invisible to our tracking systems, too.

Hope that if such  a thing exists,  that it is aimed for Washington, DC, and is just big enough to turn the area inside the beltway into a crater,

but without doing serious damage very far outside that area.

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:52:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Irvin Baxter website

A second chance? - What do you mean?

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:54:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

2x1x4=8
2+1+4=7

itshappening.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:55:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So how does this affect my tax return?
View Quote

Odumbo still wants his.....needs to keep supporting his FSA.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:57:07 AM EDT
[#25]
the rapture is currently underway.

My wife went out to warm up the car this morning in the driveway. She did not come back in and the car did not move so I went out to see what was going on and found this.  

she always said she was a saint for putting up with my shit, but I thought she was exagerating.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#26]
No it can't because fantasies don't happen in reality.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:01:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Removed...krp
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:02:34 AM EDT
[#28]
This whole "rapture" preoccupation is fruitless. It's a crutch, an alibi, for those who have been unsuccessful in life and want a "do-over."

The traditional churches (Catholic/Orthodox etc.) condemn this sort of speculation. And of course it's not relevant to non-believers. So that leaves a narrow segment of biblical literalists to whom this sort of thinking might appeal.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:07:17 AM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:07:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Do the people who believe this shit ever look back at the last several dozen times they've believed this shit and assess what it was that made them so willing to believe that shit then, and try to rationalize why they believe it now?  Or, do they just simply completely forget about the last several dozen times?
View Quote

Why do people continue to talk and think this way? Numerous prophecy from the Bible has been fulfilled, is being fulfilled right before our very eyes, yet those like you and others still continue with this ignorance.

May God have mercy on your soul.

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:09:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Why do people continue to talk and think this way? Numerous prophecy from the Bible has been fulfilled, is being fulfilled right before our very eyes, yet those like you and others still continue with this ignorance.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do the people who believe this shit ever look back at the last several dozen times they've believed this shit and assess what it was that made them so willing to believe that shit then, and try to rationalize why they believe it now?  Or, do they just simply completely forget about the last several dozen times?

NO, Pope said there is no hell.  Get with the program man - nothing to worry about!
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:14:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Removed...krp
View Quote

Satan clearly has his hold on you, Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is the only unforgivable sin, please reconsider your stance, God loves us all.

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:14:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The rapture was in 2012.

The reason no one went home is because everyone had sinned.
View Quote

Not true. The Macho Man Randy Savage was raptured on that day
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Irvin Baxter website

No expert, but the people "left behind" after the rapture get another few years during the tribulation to accept Jesus and then supposedly he comes and get the ones (the third coming) that saw the light and repented. None of it is Biblical and unfortunately that doctrine has seeped into a lot of the churches.  Hal and the boys may be sincere but they are doing the devils work imho. Nobody gets a second chance. Jesus comes and it's over. Let them that be filthy stay filthy etc.  Do I think people that believe this will still get saved, yes. They don't know any better. ymmv.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#35]
I forgot to add. The danger of this doctrine is for those who think in case the rapture doctrine is true, they get a second chance to get right with God.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:23:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:27:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

you must have watched the video, because that is exactly what he said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even the angels in heaven.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:29:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Who cares?
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:31:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wrong
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:23:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#42]
The idea of a "rapture" is antithetical to christianity.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:38:52 AM EDT
[#44]
No such thing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:41:09 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote

Catholics don't believe in "the rapture". That whole concept wasn't even invented until the 19th Century.

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:45:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It is absolutely Biblical.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The idea of a "rapture" is antithetical to christianity.

It is absolutely Biblical.

Do you have any scriptural citations for this?  I was raised as a Catholic, and I'd never heard of the concept of rapture until I moved to another part of the state.  I happened upon an independent religious tv station that was broadcasting a depiction of what it would look like.  

I found it fascinatingly bizarre, and, yes, hilarious, as it was a completely foreign concept to me.  Honestly, I thought I was watching a SciFi program until the pastor came on begging for money to spread the word.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

even then it only takes the absolutely pure. everyone else rides the lightning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

even then it only takes the absolutely pure. everyone else rides the lightning.

What a non-event!
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dont need to watch a movie.

Its all written down.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:18:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:34:14 AM EDT
[#50]
For many, the Rapture took place in January 2009 when Chicago Jesus took his seat on the throne.  His demonic minions kept their Progressive Lord in power again in 2012.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top