Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:10:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer to carry most of my pistols at 1 o'clock. I've found through practice that I can draw faster that way. If I'm going to have a pistol holstered in such a way that it is pointed directly at my most prized possessions, I want some redundant safety features on said pistol. Other than that I do like Glocks.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Would you buy a car from the bastion of modern manufacturing known as Croatia?  Would you buy a toaster made in Croatia?

Name ONE other durable consumer good that is manufactured in Croatia and distributed around the world.  

You know what else they make in Croatia besides the HS2000?  Diarrhea.  That's it.  HS2000s and diarrhea.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Or buy a good holster and dont pull the trigger and the gun wont "go off"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With thousands and thousands of rounds downrange, my XD has never had a failure of any kind.   Hard to really bitch about that.  Plus, I consider the grip safety a bonus.  I can holster my gun without depressing it, which means even if the trigger snags, I won't end up with Glock leg.  Plus, their nickname is grenade.  

not familiar with glock leg and its causes are you
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I own a few different pistols. I tend to carry my XD40SC. I like it I can shoot it well.  >1000 rounds trouble free. I like the grip safety , I like the way it carries. I really have not found a reason to not like it. I have also been eying up the Para Executive Carry .45 .Probably my next purchase. But will keep the XD
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#5]
XD .357 Sig

XD 40

XD 45ACP  (In my desk drawer next to me as I write this.)

All fine guns.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Would you buy a car from the bastion of modern manufacturing known as Croatia?  Would you buy a toaster made in Croatia?

Name ONE other durable consumer good that is manufactured in Croatia and distributed around the world.  

You know what else they make in Croatia besides the HS2000?  Diarrhea.  That's it.  HS2000s and diarrhea.
View Quote

Yugos?

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I know I am going to be told that companies bidding lowest is what affects this but all of the XD major competitors (Glock, Sig, M&P, HK) all have major LE and .mil contracts.  

I know of NO major contracts for the XD and apples to apples they are price along the same lines as the above.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yep. Can't really think of many reasons for all the love for an outdated piece of technology. Sure, it has a lot of history and I will own one some day, but as far as a practical tool? It's utility is magnitudes less than modern handguns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could also be that people don't want to be associated with the most annoying subgroup in firearms, Glock fanboys.

That would actually be the old cogers, I mean 1911 fanboys.

Really

Yep. Can't really think of many reasons for all the love for an outdated piece of technology. Sure, it has a lot of history and I will own one some day, but as far as a practical tool? It's utility is magnitudes less than modern handguns.

derp. major derp.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#9]
You also wear dresses...so.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is clearly the only answer....

https://media.server.theshootingwarehouse.com/large/38991.jpg
View Quote

What about this:

19+1 no grip safety. All you can ask for.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
derp. major derp.
View Quote

Agreed.  What significant improvements has Glock made since 1987?
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I actually like the older xd pistols with the stepped slides. I'd get an OD XD45 compact, or XD9 SC if the price was right. The newer XDM's look like Keltecs to me, although I'm sure they are functional.

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:24:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
With thousands and thousands of rounds downrange, my XD has never had a failure of any kind.   Hard to really bitch about that.  Plus, I consider the grip safety a bonus.  I can holster my gun without depressing it, which means even if the trigger snags, I won't end up with Glock leg.  Plus, their nickname is grenade.  

Poor training, trigger discipline and holster selection?
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#14]
My XDM is the best pistol i've ever owned.  I did not buy it because it has a grip safety, but because it felt better in my hand than a Glock.  Glocks are fine pistols as well.

Why does everyone flip out about the grip safety?  It does not hinder my shooting in any way, it's just there.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#15]
LOL
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I always choose a weapon on looks. Is there anything else to consider?
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Xd or XDm they all suck. Grip safety is stupid for anything other than a 1911. Made in Croatia by starving kids. Recall on guns because kids cant build guns, plus the only plastic gun I ever shot that failed.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#18]
contrarians

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
derp. major derp.

Gen4 made some decent improvements, but honestly it's a platform that really doesn't need improving. The tech isn't outdated since it really was ahead of its time to begin with.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Never mind...
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

jacket pull strings have cause more then a few
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Gen4 made some decent improvements, but honestly it's a platform that really doesn't need improving. The tech isn't outdated since it really was ahead of its time to begin with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
derp. major derp.

I own 2, but I don't think they're keeping up with market trends, an the improvements on the Gen4 were nothing to write home about.  The 42 should have been a 9mm not a .380.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I own 2, but I don't think they're keeping up with market trends, an the improvements on the Gen4 were nothing to write home about.  The 42 should have been a 9mm not a .380.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
derp. major derp.

Big time agree on the 42. I could've punched Glock in the taint when they announced it was a 380. If it was a 9mm is On my way! one already
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#24]
my first 9mm pistol was my XD9 and i liked it just fine......then i bought a CZ 75B in 9mm.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
derp. major derp.

sorry, aside from being striker fired (wouldnt call it an improvment really) and having the frame made out of plastic, the glock is no more "advanced" then the 1911.
if the 1911 is outdated, what does glock do that makes it not?
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Beats the hell out of a "show us your Glocks" picture thread!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could also be that people don't want to be associated with the most annoying subgroup in firearms, Glock fanboys.

That would actually be the old cogers, I mean 1911 fanboys.

Really
Just take a look at the "motivational poster thread" stickied in the 1911 forum if you have any doubts.  

Beats the hell out of a "show us your Glocks" picture thread!  

What the show your Glock pic thread up to now ? about 400 pages of ugly.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The same people who say Glocks are ugly, go out and buy an XD. XDs look like crap to me and have a fuggin grip safety. Anyone else feel this way?

For comparison:

Glock 19
<a href="http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/philipdrye/media/image_zpsc5a6e586.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y423/philipdrye/image_zpsc5a6e586.jpg</a>
XD 9
<a href="http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/philipdrye/media/image_zpsb3d3d0b1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y423/philipdrye/image_zpsb3d3d0b1.jpg</a>
View Quote

They're retarded?
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#28]
I own an XD compact and I have switched to carrying a 5in 1911 for my everyday carry even in summer. I just don't like the bulk of a double stack.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Ahhhhh cool another XD hate thread, haven't seen one in awhile. Any of you that still have one and hate it PM me with a price and I will take it off your hands. Only those looking to off load one in 357 SIG or a 45 Compact need apply. I've got a dead nuts reliable XD45 Service, XDm9, and XDs9. I've got over 10K rounds through the first two without any issues and just under 1K through the XDs.

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Take adequate Croatian gun, stamp it with your logo, import, raise price. Profit!
Meh whatever, I owned an older XD45 Service, traded it off. Just not for me. Had that shitty reset, was not a very accurate or intuitive shooter for me.

And I'll admit it, aesthetics mean something to me, and I find them ugly- so what.  XD lovers are plainly retarded, it's a basic fact. Everyone just politely tolerates you, like the drunk uncle on Thanksgiving.

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Because its a reliable, accurate, polymer striker fired pistol backed by one of the largest and most trusted firearms manufacturers, and it's typically more affordable than a glock or M&P.
View Quote

That's the thing, it's not cheaper,at least in this market, the xdm was 50-100 more. I went with the G17

I did have an xd40 ten years ago that was reliable.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I fired my new XD.45 about 50 times and concluded I had just been fucked.

What a second rate piece of shit.

View Quote

Yup.

I have always been into firearms, but I was just getting into it heavily at the time.  It was going to be my carry gun as I had just turned 21 and was signed up for a class.  Total turd.  Sold it, got my first G19, and over the years they have multiplied.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Because they don't suck mebbe.  I personally don't like the feel of the glock or it's garbage trigger I debated it hard against he xd but I just didn't like the way it felt.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

sorry, aside from being striker fired (wouldnt call it an improvment really) and having the frame made out of plastic, the glock is no more "advanced" then the 1911.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
derp. major derp.

Honestly the 1911 was hugely ahead of its time and still extremely relevant today. Just IMO there are better options
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#35]
I've got Glock's & XD's like them both, maybe Glock a little more.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
In my eyes XD is perfect except for that damn mag safety.
View Quote

Mag safety?
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I've got Glock's & XD's like them both, maybe Glock a little more.
View Quote

Wait, you mean someone can actually like TWO DIFFERENT brands AT THE SAME TIME, and not take a shit on either one?

In GD?

<---Pauses.

<---Head explodes.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Cocaine is a helluva drug  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glock > M&P > Almost everything else > XD

Cocaine is a helluva drug  

More like glue
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:13:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Hard core lot here....
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you're saying Austria is known for manufacturing high quality goods?
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, becuase nobody has ever snagged their Glock trigger reholstering their gun.  In fact, It's never happened so often, that they call it Glock Leg.  Even without the grip safety, I like the XD better than the Glock.  It just points better for me.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
my glock exploded.

all my xd's run perfectly. My xd45 i trust with my life.
View Quote

SHHH!

People are taking shits on the XD here.

Don't be a party pooper!

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Austria created HITLER! Glocks are NATZEE GUNS and anybody that owns one HAS HITLER COOTIES!
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Austria created HITLER! Glocks are NATZEE GUNS and anybody that owns one HAS HITLER COOTIES!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:23:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

They were a LOT cheaper when they were called the HS2000.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For awhile they were slightly cheaper.

+1
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Seriously, again, has anyone done or known of a direct head-to-head comparison between Glock, Springfield, and S&W?  Unless someone has, it's all conjecture and bullshit.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#48]
so don't buy one, buy a cz, or s & w, colt, but quit your whining.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#49]

I like these. One of the nicest guns I've shot.

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For awhile they were slightly cheaper.

+1

Aaaaand what do you think the markup is on a Glock?

Hint: they're not as "expensive" to produce as everyone likes to think.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top