Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2002 3:02:10 PM EDT
I got a call from the NRA asking me for $75 (!) to help fight the Campaign Finance Reform Act (aka Incumbent Protection Act). What really really really really pissed me off was that they were blaming the DEMOCRATS for the law and now they would take all of the guns away. I told the woman, "Hello McFly!??!!?? Why the hell aren't you placing the blame where it really belongs- GEORGE W. BUSH! HE THE SAME GUY YOU PEOPLE CAMPAIGNED SO HARD TO GET ELECTED AND IS THE ONE THAT SIGNED THE INFRINGMENT TO THE 1ST AMENDMENT INTO LAW!"

I hung up when she said, "Well, sir, could you afford a $50 donation?"

Link Posted: 12/16/2002 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#1]
[:K]  [:E]  [):)]
with all due respect, which would best describe Imbroglio
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't anyone else get this call?
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I get a letter from Wayne LePierre acting like my annual membership is the only thing stopping gun confiscation in the United States.  If this is the case then why don't they ever send me a reply to my letters ? I even wrote and told them that at least my congress critters send me a form letter addressing my concerns. If I'm so important then they should respond to my suggestions.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#4]
to be fair, this would describe me [sniper]  [whacko]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[:K]  [:E]  [):)]
with all due respect, which would best describe Imbroglio
View Quote

If he had sunglasses, the one on the right.....
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I get a letter from Wayne LePierre acting like my annual membership is the only thing stopping gun confiscation in the United States.  If this is the case then why don't they ever send me a reply to my letters ? I even wrote and told them that at least my congress critters send me a form letter addressing my concerns. If I'm so important then they should respond to my suggestions.
View Quote

You too?
I signed up a relative last year for membership as a Christmas present.  The NRA finally responded to my email six damn weeks after the check was cashed.  They're more than happy to take your money, just don't ask any questions.

This isn't an anti-NRA rant, but come on...
You'd think they would be a little more responsive toward their members.
I think it's past time to flush the NRA "leadership" toilet, so to speak.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#7]
And just think, so many here were falling and tripping over themselves to support Jim from American Shooter as NRA board. Nobody was asking any real serious questions to Jim about this of the NRA.

That goes for you too Imbroglio. I didn't see you there backing my questions up about how would Jim govern the NRA. Some of you guys are often like women... too many emotional mood swings and impetious.

Stop taking Al Gore's advice about recycling your food for the environment. Start flushing the toilet for once.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 11:08:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That goes for you too Imbroglio. I didn't see you there backing my questions up about how would Jim govern the NRA. Some of you guys are often like women... too many emotional mood swings and impetious.

View Quote

Hey, the only reason I have been renewing my NRA membership is so that I don't have to stand in the long line to buy a ticket to get into the summer fun show. I joined GOA the last show and may switch over to them permanently.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 12:36:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And just think, so many here were falling and tripping over themselves to support Jim from American Shooter as NRA board. Nobody was asking any real serious questions to Jim about this of the NRA.
View Quote

Jim isn't on the NRA board.  
How is he supposed to answer questions about the position of the NRA board when he isn't in a position to do so?

Yes, I will definitely support his run for NRA board member (RE: Flushing the NRA leadership toilet)  Do you have a better idea for bringing the NRA back to the "real world"?

At least he communicates with us.  Can you say the same thing about any other NRA board Rep.?  That's a lot better than we've had so far.  I doubt that would change much, when and if he gets elected.

If you have a specific problem with him, email the man. I'd bet you'll get a quicker response from him than you would from your current NRA board representative.

Link Posted: 12/17/2002 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I got that call seems like a few months ago and I ended up giving in to a $35 donation, if I had opended that days mail before sending that check (a few days later) it said something along the lines of "still waiting for your donatoin to help this that you agreed to"
I have decided to tell them to not call me instead to send me letters, I am a member, and when the NRA calls it feels like I am being telemarketed to but can't hang up as easily.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top