Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/16/2002 4:26:58 AM EDT
Villagers Armed to Fend Off Plundering Pigs       ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Hungry wild pigs rampaged through Turkish villages on Friday pillaging crops and gardens as they sought food and refuge from fierce weather conditions sweeping through the country's northeast. The Anatolian news agency quoted local officials as saying ammunition had been distributed to villagers to fend off the swine invasion after hundreds of the animals damaged crops in settlements in the Black Sea province of Giresun. "The villagers can fight against the wild pigs with an organized hunt. They can be hunted 12 months of the year," Sedat Damci, head of a local hunting association, told the agency. Muslim Turkey has a large population of wild boars. Despite Islam's strict ban on consuming pork, hunting the animals is a popular sport throughout the country's rural areas.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 4:45:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 6:28:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DoubleFeed: BOAR-ing! oh, sorry [:D]
View Quote
LOL! Q:How many boar may one bag a year in Turkey? A:The sty's the limit! [:E]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 7:06:32 AM EDT
And I thought this was going to be about a small town that finally became fed up with the Federal Government. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 8:54:49 AM EDT
Darned! No limit, open season for 12 months. I guess Turkey is not so bad after all! I wonder what they are using for those pigs. AKs? Enfields?
Top Top