Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/15/2002 11:39:10 AM EDT
i read about one being shown at the SHOTSHOW 2 or so years ago. its an AR look-alike that fires standard bbs (or pellets maybe) it is powered by a paintball style Co2 tank. at the time it projected retail was in the 600$ range. anyone know anymore about this than i do?
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 11:45:45 AM EDT
Airsoft rifles? [url]www.airsoft.com[/url] or [url]http://www.ejmailorder.co.uk/airguns/marui.htm[/url] Aviator
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 2:59:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 4:12:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By David_Hineline: Might take it to the Armalite forum, it was listed in thier catalogs at one time as comming soon but I never saw/heard anymore about it. You pick one up and I can built you up a custom silencer for it since air gun silencers are not regulated.
View Quote
deal
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 4:35:45 PM EDT
It probably jams.... Oh crap, Im in for it now [:D]
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 5:10:47 PM EDT
Silencers for airguns are not regulated...HOWEVER, any (unregistered) silencing device capable of reducing a firearm discharge by 1 decibel is illegal regardless of what it is, or is not, attached to. The only way you would get away with getting caught with one is that most cops dont consider a BB gun to be a firearm. Most states do. The above was excerpeted from an ATF letter in an inquiry by the editors of "Airgun Illustrated" Magazine. The same magazine has an article on your Armalite machine BB gun... Invented by Mark D. Schavone Called "M-15P". I found the following for ya... At ArmaLite, Doc Schavone was explaining the impressive M-15P, a select fire AR-15 type air rifle. The lower assembly looks and feels exactly like a standard ArmaLite, except for the rate of fire selector, adjustable between safe, semi, 600 rpm and 900 rpm. Recoil can be set to replicate a 5.56mm round for training, or can be set for no recoil for plinking or competition. .22 caliber balls are fed from a 25 round tubular magazine alongside the barrel, and 6 pellets may be loaded in a revolver type cylinder. The balls actually feed in to the same cylinder and rotate in to the firing position. Schavone claims that the example on display has fired 100s of thousands of rounds with no malfunctions or failures. All AR-15 accessories and sighting systems will fit on the M15Ps sight rail. The M15P will be shipping in June and retails for $899. Also at ArmaLite is the economy priced Eagle Arms AR-10, quite similar to the ArmaLite AR-10 but without a muzzle device and with black stocks. ArmaLite www.armalite.com PO box 299, Geneseo, IL 61254 309.944.6939
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 5:20:19 PM EDT
Sweet..I want one
Top Top