Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/13/2002 2:27:43 PM EDT
Ok since I didn't have my crap together in time to get in on the gift exchange, and since I'm having a particularly enjoyable friday the 13th I'm gonna get one of you guys a gun "at cost."

Please do NOT participate if you don't intend to actually purchase a firearm. In other words don't hog it if you ain't gonna use it.

Here is the deal:

Post which firearm you would want and why you think you are especially deserving this year.

I will decide who is most deserving and advise you of the dealer price. All I need then is payment and a destination FFL (unless local than I can do transfer). I will include a copy of the original invoice so you can verify that is what was paid.

If you are one of those lucky souls whose local FFL does "transfers" for dealer price + $5.00 (or similarly ridiculously absurd small amount) please let the others guys who ain't so lucky have at this one.

Also this is not a random drawing or a raffle. The choice will be at my discretion only.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Why I deserve a Sig 226 or USP40 at cost  (I reserve the right to change my mind)-  

1)I didnt kill my exwife in the divorce [:o)]

2) I didnt sleep with the neighbors daughter even though the offer was there [0:)]

3) I paid all 3 of the speeding tickets I got this year [}:D]

4) I take my my children shooting [<|:d>]

5) I teach my children safe gun handling [^]

6) If I win I will pay for one members NRA subscription this month [;)]

7) I really really think you are the smartest poster on AR15.com and it has been a pleasure and an honor knowing that I am even allowed to surf your wise writtings. [:E]

Thanks, Ropes

Edited for guns
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 2:45:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Passing on the neighbors daughter don't necissarily help your case. [:D]

Also keep in mind handguns must ship 2nd day air. Even "at cost" one shipped 2nd day air from supplier to me, then again 2nd day air from me to your local FFL might not be much of a bargain anymore.

Especially budget ones like a Spring XD. You could probably get one from a local stocking dealer cheaper. If I choose someone who wants a handgun, I'll do it. But it might not be the most cost effective choice on that persons part.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#3]
What can I get for $20 in food stamps?
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 2:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Deadline?

Does it apply to current transactions? [;)]

Link Posted: 12/13/2002 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#5]
... Regardless who you chose to grant your offer to I must say that it is a thoughtful gesture, so thanks [b]SteyrAUG[/b].

... That being said, please throw my name in the hat for (1) SPRINGFIELD ARMORY "Loaded" Standard M1A1 7.62 NATO on Walnut.

... Because I helped four people this year with significant contributions of my time and resources. Help they severely needed.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 3:15:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Deadline?

Does it apply to current transactions? [;)]

View Quote

I let it go for a bit and make a decision around then. [:D]

If you like I can get you that Cav15 at the Cav Arms price of $650 + cost of upgrades. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Arrested for unlawful use of public assitance. Officers have been dispatched to your location.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#9]
SteyrAUG: I will sweeten the pot!
If the winner in Southern Oregon. Or Oregon. Ill eat the transfer and the NICS check!(If transfered to my shop)

Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If the winner in Southern Oregon. Or Oregon. Ill eat the transfer and the NICS check!

Merry Christmas!
View Quote

Boy you must be hungry...
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Passing on the neighbors daughter don't necissarily help your case. [:D]

View Quote

But, pictures do...

Tell us the rest of the story...
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 3:41:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow, what a generous offer :)

Wish I weren't married to an 'anti"

Have a good time making your decision :)

Gwen in L.A.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wow, what a generous offer :)

Wish I weren't married to an 'anti"

Have a good time making your decision :)

Gwen in L.A.
View Quote

You're in Kaliforniastan. I couldn't get you anything exceptionally evil anyway. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow.  This is interesting.... I'm gonna have to think about this.  I will post it in this spot using "edit post".

Here it is:
Why am I deserving of Eagle Arms AR-10 complete lower assembly at dealer cost. (Complete lower only!)

This year, I have done my best this year, as I do in other years.  I’ve tried to promote shooting the “black rifle”.  To promote the benefits of having a firearm and the joys of shooting.  I’ve done my best to help out my friends when I can.  

With out any reason, just got a “burr up my rear”, I purchases six custom serial numbered, stripped Cav-15 lower for six of my friends in their favorite color as gifts (not even their birthdays-their names are not listed, only their first letter).  “E” received a yellow lower because he is my best friend.  We’ve known each other since before we could neither talk nor walk.  Heck, we don’t know how we met; guess our parents knew each other.  “A” is fairly new to the ‘firearm’ scene.  He purchases his first pistol this year after I persuaded him to apply for his concealed pistol permit (this year also).  I have educated him that having a permit does not mean you have to purchase a pistol, but means that if you needed one, there would be no waiting.  “WJ”, who taught me more about shooting in 6 months then I could learn in a lifetime.  He told you straight up what was wrong, didn’t hold anything back.  The man didn’t need another “AR”;, as he owns four or five “original” AR-15’s.  It was more a “thank you”.  “M”, who I met in my college dorm.  The last time he touched a firearm was in the Boy Scouts and it was a 22LR single shot!  I properly educated him on the other firearms; G27, 1911 in 38 Super, FN bolt action 30-06 (his favorite at that time) and others.  He helped me through lots of stuff in college.  He has been addicted ever since.  And this is from someone from a big city that never touched anything since the Boy Scouts!  “W”, who after five years, closed up his gun shop/range.  He “hooked” me up on certain things, shoot for free & to test newly acquired “used” firearms.  The usual Tuesday nigh BS session at the range and pizza too! It was sad to see him close.  And “J”, who I’ve, known since 3rd grade- a friend who is an avid outdoorsman- hunting, fishing, and camping.  Also a person who sees no use for semi auto “assault” rifles.  I got him one and now he’s an “AR black rifle” owner.  I’ve explained that an AR is very capable weapon, especially when setup for varmints.  I WILL convert him!

I’ve attempted to explain to people the benefits of having a concealed pistol permit.  That having a permit doesn’t mean you have to buy a gun.  It is exercising your given rights.  I’ve talked to “E”’s sister about getting a permit.

And, “E”, who’s had it tough.   I allowed him to charge on my credit card a repair bill for his truck (major engine work). He’s had trouble w/ his credit.   He is away working in the big city, working two jobs and trying to support his son, “T”, who was born this year (unexpected, but cute!). I knew that he had no other means of transportation and he was in a ‘bind’.  I knew that there was a chance that he wasn’t going to be able to pay me back right away, but I still did it, knowing that fact.  I guess I did it for his son.

And, I did my small part of pissing off the anti’s and libs….. with participation in the Sten Block project!  Sten mag -$3.00     JRW Block- $120.00   A little time and milling-  $170 (of my labor)   The fact that you gave people a source of hi cap mags for  the black 9mm and the Libs and Anti’s don’t  know it- Priceless

Link Posted: 12/13/2002 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If the winner in Southern Oregon. Or Oregon. Ill eat the transfer and the NICS check!(If transfered to my shop)

Merry Christmas!
View Quote

I'd like a Taurus titanium .38 hammerless, (shrouded), for a backup to replace my .380 mustang.

Why?? Because I just GOTTA meet anyone named McNasty! Hell, he might be an old Homie of mine!
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#16]
My STeyr M9 or Springfield Mil Spec 45

1.Got a Divorce (I was nice, it was my call)

2.Quit Drinking

3. Quit Smoking

4.Got a BS Degree in 3.5  Years..Tomorrow is  
 graduation day

my edit: no booze or nicotine since starting school
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I need a Kimber Gold Match II because I had a funny, wit-filled reply all typed out and accidentally hit ESC before clicking submit...

I must go drink now.  Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Well, I'm not really sure what it is, but
I would like the rifle Al Pacino used in Heat when they got into the big shootout after the bank heist. Anyone know what it is[?]

[BD]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well, I'm not really sure what it is, but
I would like the rifle Al Pacino used in Heat when they got into the big shootout after the bank heist. Anyone know what it is[?]

[BD]
View Quote

Okay - so he's automatically disqualified.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I feel I do not deserve a gun at your cost. I feel I deserve the best deal I can find, which is sometimes probably better than your cost.

Sometimes I like to have fun looking, and trying to negotiate the best prices...

But, if I win, I would want a nice .308 "sniper/hunting" style rifle (AR10?) or an HK Fabarm PUMP shotgun with folding stock and extension tube.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#23]
i turn 21 on the 23rd but i couldnt afford anything even at cost. [:(]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Merry Christmas!
View Quote

Ditto in Southeastern North Carolina.  Winners contact me.

J
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#25]
It really is cool of you dealers to offer free transfers if I pick a member in your area.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Your welcome!!! Just this time. Because it the time of giving!!! AND!!!!

Its finally DEC. 14 Its my birthday! my BBBBirthday! WhooHOO!!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Arrested for unlawful use of public assitance. Officers have been dispatched to your location.
View Quote

You must have a twenty dollar gun for IMBRO,Is that too much even for an air gun?

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#29]
[img]http://popularmechanics.com/outdoors/outdoors/1999/7/Daisy_Air_Rifle/images/tb_9907BOFAA.jpg[/img]

I would like one of these just to prove to my Mother that I won't shoot my eye out.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Oooh me!! Pick ME!!!

I want a slingshot.. BUT HURRY!!! I live in California [:(]

Give me the sympathy vote... I have Gray Davis as my governor for 4 MORE YEARS!!

{kisass]SteyrAUG... cool thing you're doing. {/kissass]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey, for those of us who can't afford one, can we give our brownie points to someone so they can beef up their story and sway your decision?

I taught free CCW classes to strengthen the pack...

I took newbies shooting...

I bought my Pop his 1st handgun...

I received additional CCW Instructor status in another state...

I built an AR lower for a friend (And it works fine, so you don't have to deduct a point)

Donated money to NRA/ILA and American Border Patrol...

I reload so I'm helping the environment [8P]

And I didn't bang the neighbors daughter either!

Who wants my points? I'll see em to ya cheap..
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#32]
I think everyone has his/her point on why they should be picked and some of them are very good ones. This is why I would love to be picked:

A.) 20 year old college student.
B.) Works endless hours to pay bills.
C.) I fully support the constitution.
D.) I try my best to represent progunners well.

What I would love is a Rem. .308 LTR. I really want to get one of these.

Oz
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I feel I do not deserve a gun at your cost. I feel I deserve the best deal I can find, which is sometimes probably better than your cost.

Sometimes I like to have fun looking, and trying to negotiate the best prices...

But, if I win, I would want a nice .308 "sniper/hunting" style rifle (AR10?) or an HK Fabarm PUMP shotgun with folding stock and extension tube.
View Quote

Or to paraphrase:

"Normally I can do a LOT better than your rip off [i]dealer prices[/i] but if you pick me I will think about it. [rolleyes]

Thinking about it.
Thinking about it.
Ummmmm.........no.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#34]
OK, cause I can't decide and I have too much crap to do I'm gonna simplify. I have it down to 5 candidates:

Ropes4u

Winston_Wolf

Kaliburz

ilikelegs

sherm8404

So Merry Christmas all of you.

The 5 of you need to email me your requested firearm and I'll get a dealer price quote.

Terms:

All ordered firearms will come to me COD, which means I need total payment before it arrives.

Also I want to try and do this in a timely manner so please don't take a month to think about it. I would want to get the orders placed by the end of the year.

Finally, the other night my hotmail took a dump. I got a message my account reset since I hadn't logged in for over 30 days. Which isn't true as I've been emailing Cav Arms all last week back and forth. I don't have contact information for MSN to get it fixed. So what I'm saying is we may have to do this by IM if my hotmail craps out again.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Heh, heh, That's cool steyr..
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 12:30:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Heh, heh, That's cool steyr..
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Wow. Its...its...its Santa Aug. Very Nice of you SA! Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Dang nice of you SA, It is good to see such generosity especially to folk you might have never met before. A most excellent deed for the season. :)
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 3:12:14 PM EDT
[#41]
... Thank you [b]SteyrAUG[/b], there really is a Santa Claus!

...You have mail!

... Saw this thread at work at jumped for joy but I couldn’t respond through the firewall then.

[img]http://www.floridalink.com/animation/christmas/3/5merry.gif[/img]

... Whoopie!
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#42]
[img]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/1syellow1.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/hump.gif[/img]

E-mail and IM being sent....

Edit- Sent.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#43]
NEW email:

[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I just looked up the phrase "Class Act" in my Webster's Dictionary of Popular Phrases.

The primary definition was "SteyrAUG"

'nuff said.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

... Also I want to try and do this in a timely manner so please don't take a month to think about it. I would want to get the orders placed by the end of the year...

View Quote

... WOO HOO, me too! [/songbird]
[img]http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/sprma9822.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#46]
... BTT
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
... BTT
View Quote

Don't worry. Didn't forget. Just got hit with a bunch of crap all at once. I'm still on it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#48]
OK, quotes have gone out to 4 of the 5. Ropes check your email.

Terms are gonna be "actual cost" that is dealer plus shipping, etc. I'll include copies of the original invoice.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 7:06:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#50]
AAAAwwwh CRAP!

I read this thread way too late especially now that I've got enough Xmas money coming in to buy my very first AR.  [>Q]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top