Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2002 7:43:59 AM EDT
I used search here, and also on Google.  I found the words, but no translation.  Anybody know what Jonny Ringo and Doc Holliday say to each other?

I don't know if this is accurate as far as spelling but this sounds like what they said:

1) In vino veritas. 2) Age quod agis. 1) Credat Judaeus Apella, non ego. 2) Iuventus stultorum magister. 1) In pace requiescat.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 7:53:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

1) In vino veritas.

In wine, truth (Drunk people speak their mind.)

2) Age quod agis.

Do what you are doing, is excellent advice for those who become careless in their work as well as for those who fail to do what they are supposed to do. "Mind your own business."

3) Credat Judaeus Apella, non ego.

Let the Jew Apella believe it; I will not. (I'll buy /that/ for a dollar.)

4) Iuventus stultorum magister.

The young must be taught by experience.

5) In pace requiescat.

In peace you may rest. (Normally used as "Requiescant in pacem." Rest in Peace, R.I.P.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 7:55:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you sir.

Ed

here is the snipet of the movie:

[url]http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/users/98/dylan/tomb/sound/ringovdoc/latin.wav[/url]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 8:27:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Love that movie.
One of my favorites.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top