Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2002 7:08:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 7:13:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Selah sister...if you have to give an animal, make it a beanie. We all see enough of them at the gunshows anyway.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 7:14:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Selah sister...if you have to give an animal, make it a beanie. We all see enough of them at the gunshows anyway.
View Quote

Just not the "Beanie Babies with Rabies" variety![:D]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 7:18:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 7:24:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Amen.  This little guy, Dudley,[img]http://sniper.rsvs.net/DudleySleepy.JPG[/img] was abandoned at a shelter with five abscessed teeth, a flea infestation like I've never seen, and toenails curled up into his pads.  He's been with us for two years now, and is a total sweetheart. I hope I never meet the asshole who let him get into that condition.  Please go save one of these if you want a new family member.

QS
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 7:29:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember when my mother was buying a Christmas present for my great-grandfather, and she asked us what he might like. Her idea was a parakeet, and after we gave our suggestions it was obvious she had already bought it. The parakeet was a mean little bastard anyway, and my grandfather was living in a nursing home with my grandmother (who was in [b]far[/b] worse condition) at the time, and could barely find time to take care of his own responsibilities, let alone those extra ones my mother was going to heap on. I told her it was probably one of the worst ideas for a gift I'd ever heard of, especially given the circumstances. She went ahead and gave it to him anyway...[pissed]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 7:32:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 8:00:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Each year, pleading children and commercials that show a new puppy in a box under the tree encourage people to give pets as gifts.
View Quote

Uhm, bullshit? Come on, seriously, who has EVER seen a commercial like that?
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nice to hear from a lady every now and then.  There's alot of tostesterone arund here.

Good advice!
View Quote

Sometimes too much.........
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Or how about those assholes who went out and had the breeder mix up a batch of Dalmations after that goddamn movie came out?  The shelters were bursting with Dalmations after that.

Pound puppies are the best.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top