Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2001 6:27:09 AM EDT
I got stopped by a Texas State Trooper yesterday, and he had me dead to rights for about 15 over the limit. Turns out though, that this Trooper was a Jarhead himself in a former life, and he noticed my Eagle, Globe and Anchor sticker. We exchanged secret handshakes and he wished me a safe trip.

It's good to be the Jarhead.

Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 8:19:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had the same experience.  (I also have a Bushmaster sticker and an EMT symbol for good measure.)
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Same things happened to me. The cop just came up to my window and said "Slow it down, Devil Dog."
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Didn't work for my brother.  He was a Navy corpsman on his way back from weekend drill with a USMC unit.  He got the ticket.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Ticket a Corpsman?

If I'm not mistakin, thats close to taking a piss on jesus' grave, you DON'T DO IT!
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#6]
One of these days a cop'll cut me some slack when he/she sees my pink triangle sticker [<]:)]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#7]
If I remember the story correctly the cop was Army National Guard. He looked at his BDUs asked if he was drilling that weekend.  My brother explained that he was a corpsman at a reserve unit in Springfield, Mo. He started BSing with the guy.  He said the cop was friendly he just never stopped writting the ticket.

Link Posted: 4/16/2001 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I was doing 75 in a 55mph zone driving to my reserve station and a state trooper came along aside me, probably saw me in uniform or saw the USMC sticker on my rear window, looked at me for a second while I thought, 'oh no, I'm busted', then the state trooper sped up and continued past me.

Whew!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top