Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2002 9:27:02 AM EDT
Who wants to meet for a shoot at Atterbury?
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 10:45:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Who wants to meet for a shoot at Atterbury?
View Quote

With all due respect, Atterbury sucks.  Any outdoor range where shooters are restricted to paper targets and prohibited from firing automatic weapons is b-o-r-i-n-g.

I'm up for a group shoot like I experienced at Bulletfest III where fun was had by almost all.  Does anyone know a landowner who might be agreeable to hosting some shooters who pledge to act responsibly and compensate him/her for the day?  
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#2]
You're right, it does suck... but my (wife's) family shit little green apples the last time I brought eight other guys down to the farm for an afternoon of Tannerite and belt-feeds.  It's okay for me and maybe one or two guests but much more than that and the old people get twitchy.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you been to Atterbury lately and seen those good old boys who are pretending to be Range Officers?  Now THEY would shit if there was a big group of guys with ARs there.

-Nuke
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought the public side of the range closed in November and doesn't open back up till springtime?  At least that is what I though I read on the sign the last time I was there.

And yes, the range isn't the best in the world but it is leaps and bounds better than it used to be, and still free of charge.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#5]
no way, it used to rock.  You could haul whatever you wanted out onto the range and shoot it up.  Rifles on the 25 yd range?  who cares.... and there was no jackass telling me i couldnt carry my concealed pistol to the firing line.  wtf?  was pretty much anything goes.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Have you been to Atterbury lately and seen those good old boys who are pretending to be Range Officers?  Now THEY would shit if there was a big group of guys with ARs there.

-Nuke
View Quote

GovtThug and I were there two weeks ago, and we didn't see anything about it being closed.  We did see the dipshit range nazis though.  I just ignore them, pretty much.  I had all my suppressed shit out there, and we had HKs, several ARs and all kinds of black and green stuff.  They pretty much left us alone. [}:D]

Link Posted: 12/12/2002 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#7]
When are all you guys getting together. I'll be in Indy to visit my family for the holidays in about 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 4:58:51 PM EDT
[#8]
bump for the night crew
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 5:16:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I will be in Brown County for the Holidays. Its where I grew up.  There is a Range down there on the Martinsville side of the county that we might be able to shoot at.  Last time I was there the target frames were pretty much gone.  Its a Muzzleloading club that does mostly woods walk and gong shooting these days.  But there is about 75 yards worth of  area and a backstop.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 5:29:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Guess I better call Ammoman...
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 3:14:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Friday after Christmas for all the out-of-town guys coming in?
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 7:16:57 AM EDT
[#12]
well if yall are going to have a little party, i suppose i could swing in from knightstown.  jim
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 7:24:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd be in for a group shoot (probably one of the last of the winter), but Atterbury is more of a pain than it's worth.  I haven't been there in two and a half years, all because I was getting shit from some old man who thought he had a right to get into my shit.  I told him to fuck off and joined a club about 5 minutes from my office.  Now, I can shoot any afternoon I feel particularly stressed.  My club is more traditional, nothing but paper targets.  I'm not sure of where they stand on Class III, though.  If somebody comes up with a good place to blast, I'm in.  Email me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 7:26:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I bring my suppressors whenever I go.  No one has ever said shit to me.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top