Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
HOAs are for people that love big, big, big governments, with an extra helping of big.  They have to have constant supervision in their lives and always have someone telling them what to do.

You live in one, you deserve everything you get
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Why buy into an HOA if you don't want HOA rules?
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What do you all think?  Seems like they are overstepping.

The board at Carrillo Ranch, a homeowners association in Chandler, has ruled that residents cannot smoke marijuana — medical or otherwise — in their backyards, front yards and patios
View Quote

http://www.azcentral.com/community/chandler/articles/20140115medical-marijuana-ban-home-yards.html
View Quote

I'd like to see them enforce it. In NC thee no way in hell. but maybe where they are depending on the law they can.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Possibly the worst thing about AZ is the fucking HOA's . It's nearly impossible to live in any sort of decent neighborhood without one. They're like the fucking teamsters here. That said, I don't really want to be sitting on my back patio smelling some dreadlock sportin' dirty hippie smoking pot all fucking day either. The lack of wind here means that it will just be a giant cloud hanging around. and Fuck HOA's.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Possibly the worst thing about AZ is the fucking HOA's . It's nearly impossible to live in any sort of decent neighborhood without one.

View Quote

Central Phoenix is full of great older neighborhoods with no HOA.

Arcadia district, for one.

Link Posted: 2/4/2014 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The state won't let Walgreens sell it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it's "medicine", why can't I buy it at Walgreens?

Any other medicines the state won't allow?
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even so much the state but the feds. A few years back, I smoked it for a while after my 4th back surgery. It helped on the days when the fentanyl and methadone (yes, methadone does get used as a pain medication) weren't enough. And since the old arfcom standby of "Have some whiskey with your oopiate pain meds, hur-derp" is a fantastic way to end up dead when mixed with pain meds stronger than vicodin (the tic-tac of the chronic severe pain world), pot seemed a better answer.

For the folks who derisively say it has no use in pain relief, all I can say is that I hope that you never get to where you're desperate enough to try anything.

Fun little fact-while I qualify for a MM card here in AZ, I refuse to get one, since sheriff Joe  has pretty much said that if you get pulled over coming home from, oh, say the range, it doesn't matter if you've last smoked a week ago. He will take your guns and charge you as a prohibited posessor. I don't smoke anymore, and I sure as fuck am not going to get on a list so that Arpaio can sieze my weapons and charge me for following the law.

As for the drug warrior legislators, I sincerely hope they someday end up with intractable pain for which pot might be their only relief.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, the other stuff they just ID you for and prevent you from buying too much cause it might be used in that awful meth business.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Another day, another pothead thread.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#10]
If a republican is a liberal that was mugged, and a libertarian is a republican that was beaten up by the cops, then what is a libertarian that got ass raped by a HOA?
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If a republican is a liberal that was mugged, and a libertarian is a republican that was beaten up by the cops, then what is a libertarian that got ass raped by a HOA?
View Quote

An arfcommer?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top