Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2002 7:32:12 PM EDT
bought a barrel full of this yet besides me?

Talking about a hedged bet...... $.94 a pop?

Where is Lord Trader when you need him.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless they get their costs down to about 8 or 9 cents per passenger mile, your money was wasted - you shoulda bought Walmart (WMT).
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, it's up 15% today.

But at $1.07 it's a far cry from 1998 when it was close to $100.

I hope the employees had diversified 401ks.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 3:01:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Aviation is always a feast or famine, I still believe that UAL will be around for a long time. UAL has alot of money pits and the unions are causing much of the red ink. Thats why uncle sugar wouldn't promise the 1.8 billion. Look, back in 1994, when the works gave up 25% pay cuts, that gave the co. 4.9 billion in operating expenses.

If #2 goes, so goes the economy.....and that won't happen.

Unions, don't you love them......not.

Still think it's a safe bet for gambling man. Just look at the buying power versus' the risk.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 2:15:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 2:44:51 AM EDT
[#5]
sherrick13,

You wont ever get your money back, take the doller a share now! Do you really expect a 1100% increase! HELL NO. cut your losses like you should have a LONG time ago, take your cash you get and buy your buddies a round of beer and call it experience.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 2:51:38 AM EDT
[#6]
oh yea BTW when they finish going to chapter 11, your shares go into thin air. If you own greater than $3000 worth sell now!, and claim the losses up to $3000 on your taxes.

However if you do hold on to them, you can write them off  in your next tax season as "worthless shares", up to $3000, call your tax man to get this break. [<]:)]
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 2:54:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Aviation is always a feast or famine, I still believe that UAL will be around for a long time. UAL has alot of money pits and the unions are causing much of the red ink. Thats why uncle sugar wouldn't promise the 1.8 billion. Look, back in 1994, when the works gave up 25% pay cuts, that gave the co. 4.9 billion in operating expenses.
View Quote

If you are really that ignorant, I truly hope no one is foolish enough to take ANY advice from you.

UAL is bleeding money and was denied a federally gauranteed loan because of their financially unsustainable business plan. Do you actually follow the news or just make it up as you go along? [:rolleyes:]
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 3:00:24 AM EDT
[#8]
UAL was loosing money on unprofitable routes and, of course, the union's refusal to take a pay cut has a lot to do with it. If they get rid of the unprofitable routes (which may be problematic for certain business travelers) and the union will tolerate a 10% cut, or at least a freeze, they have a good chance of becoming profitable again.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 3:58:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top