Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 7:14:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Galloway precision just received another batch of 35% shorter stroke trigger bars.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 7:16:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't shot one, but basically it's like a DA revolver trigger right?

Link Posted: 2/3/2014 7:21:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

yeah, its long. but i shoot it really well. no complaints about the trigger. was thinking about the kahr cw9, but im liking the ruger a lot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hella long trigger pull.

yeah, its long. but i shoot it really well. no complaints about the trigger. was thinking about the kahr cw9, but im liking the ruger a lot.

Problem is you bought this for your GF and she obviously never shot it before. She'll more than likely never like shooting it unless you're encouraging her to do so or you and her take a chance on it not igniting a primer with a spring kit. I've recommended guns to women and I always have them handle and then rent whatever gun they're interesting in before buying. Some can do it by just holding it if that's all they can do, but there have been many who like the gun while holding it and hate it when they shoot it.

As for the LC9, it's a good gun. My dad has one and I've shot it a few times, but I'll take my 9mm Shield over it any day.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 7:25:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Same thing most other people say:

Dislike the trigger
Like the gun overall
Shoot pretty alright with it
My wife is a great shot with it <-- and that is what matters.
Conceals easily on me or her
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 7:30:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Works for what I bought it for; ccw.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 7:37:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Love mine and the LCP as well.

Yeah, they have long triggers but neither one is meant to be a damn competition gun like some here seem to think.

The LCP and LC9 are both "get off me" guns and you ain't gonna be taking a lot of time to think about the trigger pull, etc.
View Quote

Apparently this is lost on most.

It's not a gun to get in a gunfight with. It's a gun to pull on someone close to or within arm's reach. You really think trigger pull is going to effect accuracy at the intended range? No. You want reliability...I've yet to hear anything about bad reliability with these.

Looking at picking one up for the wife.

Link Posted: 2/3/2014 9:04:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I suspect most persons who bellyache about the LC9 trigger pull have never firesd a double action revolver, and hence have only single action or "safe action" type triggers upon which to make comparisons.

One poster mentioned comparing the LC9 trigger to a J-frame S&W, and that is a very fair comparison.   Both arms are intended to close-in work, and under those conditions, the LC9 does quite well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 9:05:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My factory Ruger mags were made in Italty. Ruger subs to Mechar for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had one but sold it I didn't like the trigger and hated the mag safety because somehow when I would carry it in my pocket the mag release would get pressed and it would suck to need it in a hurry and have to reseat the mag it was very accurate tho and I don't know of anyone else that has had the same problem as me

Are your mags made by Ruger or in Italy?

I guess the news I heard was wrong then with regard to American made LC9 mags. On the other hand I know some mags for the LCP are made here now case I just bought one.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I suspect most persons who bellyache about the LC9 trigger pull have never firesd a double action revolver, and hence have only single action or "safe action" type triggers upon which to make comparisons.

One poster mentioned comparing the LC9 trigger to a J-frame S&W, and that is a very fair comparison.   Both arms are intended to close-in work, and under those conditions, the LC9 does quite well.
View Quote

This is what I'm thinking too. It's not a typical striker fired gun. It's like a revolver, so you don't glock yourself in the leg.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Had one.

Hated it.

It has been replaced by a SIG 938.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Had one.

Hated it.

It has been replaced by a SIG 938.
View Quote

I had one and hated it also. I also replaced it with a 938.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Love mine for what it is- very concealable little pistol that shoots well. I got it for $ 275 bucks at my LGS and couldn't be happier with the purchase.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Lc9 is my edc. I filed the chamber tab down and removed the mag safety.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I carry one as my off duty pistol. I like it and it seems pretty accurate for a DAO pistol. The trigger is a little heavy and could be a little wider. I recommend it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I am carrying one right now. I like it a lot. I have a lot of revolver background so the trigger didn't bother me at all. You aren't going to win the Olympics with it anyway. Just let her get enough trigger time to get the hang of it and she should be fine. Any trigger can be mastered esp for a 7 yard gun.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 2:34:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Removed the mag safety and carry it quite a bit now. Like mine.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had one but sold it I didn't like the trigger and hated the mag safety because somehow when I would carry it in my pocket the mag release would get pressed and it would suck to need it in a hurry and have to reseat the mag it was very accurate tho and I don't know of anyone else that has had the same problem as me

Are your mags made by Ruger or in Italy?

Mec-gar makes OEM mags for a lot of companies.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I absolutely LOVE mine for CCW.   It IS NOT a 1911.  It IS NOT a target pistol.  Pull the trigger like it is intended to be pulled and it gets the job done 100%.  .....
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Pocket carry is the only reason I was considering one.  I addition to not being crazy about it, there's no way I could pocket carry an LC9 unless I wore Hammer pants.  If I could I would accept its other limitations as long as I could file down the chamber indicator.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I upgraded mine with Galloway parts and still hated it.  I traded it in for a XDS (couldn't get my hands on a Shield at the time).  I would go with a Shield or XDS if I was buying a sub 9mm.

The xds just seemed too big for my pocket. The LC9 without a laser fits in the same DeSantis Nemisis the LCP with a laser came out of and hides about as well so for now I'm satisfied.

Pocket carry is the only reason I was considering one.  I addition to not being crazy about it, there's no way I could pocket carry an LC9 unless I wore Hammer pants.  If I could I would accept its other limitations as long as I could file down the chamber indicator.

FYI - If I remember right, Galloway makes a blank for that chamber indicator that doesn't sit proud when a round is in.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Have you tried one?  How is it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Galloway precision just received another batch of 35% shorter stroke trigger bars.

I haven't tried it, yet.

Just placed my order for a trigger bar and springs about a minute before I posted above.

Got the RTK trigger last week, but I see the triggers are sold out now.

Link Posted: 2/3/2014 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It's not a gun to get in a gunfight with. It's a gun to pull on someone close to or within arm's reach. You really think trigger pull is going to effect accuracy at the intended range? No. You want reliability...I've yet to hear anything about bad reliability with these.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Love mine and the LCP as well.

Yeah, they have long triggers but neither one is meant to be a damn competition gun like some here seem to think.

The LCP and LC9 are both "get off me" guns and you ain't gonna be taking a lot of time to think about the trigger pull, etc.

This is it right here... I have one and I like it.

Am I going to shoot a match with it?  No.

Am I confident that I can use it to save my life?  Yes.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes i have one.

It got a little damp on one side one day and finish came off in spots. I really dont care its a carry gun.

Triggers heavy and long(really long and heavy) (which depending on you may be a good thing this gun in really hard to ND)
If i wanted a gun with a good trigger i would pay the $ and get one but for $320 i paid for it im happy.

If you plan to target shoot this gun forget about it.

If you have to shoot someone ridiculously far away it would be really hard for me to do.

If you want a cheap thin reliable carry gun that disappears in your pocket or inside your waistband.
This is a good choice.
Slide release it very stiff and small on mine, sights a pretty good for as small as gun is.

I have never had a malfunction with any of the ammo i fed through it.(FMJ,LRN, and various JHP)
Never a failure to feed, eject, or fire. Not even once. I havent put 10,000 rounds through it but for a $300 gun im happy.

Link Posted: 2/10/2014 6:59:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I haven't tried it, yet.
Just placed my order for a trigger bar and springs about a minute before I posted above.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't tried it, yet.

I installed the Galloway kit yesterday and get a consistent 6 lb 1 oz trigger pull with no stacking at the end of the trigger stroke.
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 7:06:48 AM EDT
[#26]
I use it as a pocket gun and I like it fine for that role.   Beats a .380 IMO.
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 7:16:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The trigger is horrible. But, my girl loves it and shoots it well. That, and the fact that it is reliable is all I care about.
View Quote

Agree with the trigger being horrible BUT I have shot many different pocket pistols and they ALL have horrible tiggers to me as I am a 1911 person.  

So, apparently you can't design one of these little critters with a GOOD trigger pull.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top